Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I don't know that much about Adam Eaton, but what I've seen I'm not really that impressed. Is he really worth giolito +? How should I feel about this as a Nats fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

What the actual gently caress

ArtVandelay posted:

I don't know that much about Adam Eaton, but what I've seen I'm not really that impressed. Is he really worth giolito +? How should I feel about this as a Nats fan?

you should feel real real bad lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/806619949946912768

How are the +'s?

Dunno about those other dudes.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Adam Eaton is real good but... but Lucas Giolito is Also Real Good.

If you're gonna toss him you might as well go as hard as you can for Cutch.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Is Rizzo drunk?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chexoid posted:

Adam Eaton is real good but... but Lucas Giolito is Also Real Good.

If you're gonna toss him you might as well go as hard as you can for Cutch.

Cutch probably required Robles no?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

White Sox got a better return on their good, not great outfielder than their top 5 pitcher

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow that is a lot for Eaton.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/806619949946912768

How are the +'s?

Dunno about those other dudes.

Both pitchers are potential aces. This is a horrible panic trade. Not happy about this.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha what the gently caress were the Pirates wanting for McCutchen if Giolito++ wasn't enough?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The WhiSox heard your complaints about the Sale trade and decided to break the Nats

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wait those +'s are actually good prospects?

Jesus gently caress the Nationals got fleeced. For loving Spanky.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lmao

Maybe after getting so much for Sale and Eaton the ChiSox will feel magnanimous and give the Astros a break on Quintana :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Holy poo poo is that an absolutely retarded trade. Nats are in full panic mode.

So the White Sox now have the best farm in the game, right? Moncada and Giolito :stare:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

wait those +'s are actually good prospects?

Jesus gently caress the Nationals got fleeced. For loving Spanky.

Lopez is considered good, not really knowledgeable about Dunning.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs/White Sox World Series 2019 it's gonna happen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They must really loving be desperate to win before Harper signs a 400m dollar contract with the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodger's

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Super happy with the Braves' decision to back way the hell out of this market. One more year of taking lumps and seeing who develops and then in 2018 it's young studs, trade bait, and money to burn.

(of course, having said that, watch Coppolella go and make some huge weird trade just because he's getting antsy)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Chexoid posted:

Giolito+ for eaton. yeesh. No way the Jays match that.

Fine bring back Melky.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

Holy poo poo is that an absolutely retarded trade. Nats are in full panic mode.

So the White Sox now have the best farm in the game, right? Moncada and Giolito :stare:

I'm sure you will find that Vlad Jr is a Blue Jays prospect so no.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also what the hell did Eaton do to earn 6.2 WAR? He slashed .284/.362/.428 with 14 homers which is good but not that good. Is his fielding that stellar?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

A large part of his value is tied up in being a good defensive RF and not a good defensive CF, so that's why the team with Bryce Harper on it had to acquire him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sydin posted:

Also what the hell did Eaton do to earn 6.2 WAR? He slashed .284/.362/.428 with 14 homers which is good but not that good. Is his fielding that stellar?

In a corner he's elite defensively.

In center where he's gonna play, not so much.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Intruder posted:

lmao

Maybe after getting so much for Sale and Eaton the ChiSox will feel magnanimous and give the Astros a break on Quintana :v:

I don't think that'll happen. Quintana is still signed for another four years, so unless the Sox get blown away I think they'll just hold onto him. Of course that leaves quite a few players that could be dealt. David Robertson, Nate Jones, Melky, Abreu, Frazier and James Shields if anyone is drunk.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Fine bring back Melky.

This is Not Such A Bad Idea.

Also the Rockies apparently want to trade Stroman for Blackmon which... man... gently caress...

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I'd really like to know what kind of package Washington was offering to pause the proceedings, and more importantly how much they'll overpay for Cutch or Jansen to avoid going 0 for the Winter so far.

.......or Adam Eaton? lol.

What's the opposite of prospect hugging? Dombrowski-ing?

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Damnit. Eaton was one of my favorite players and one of the few I didn't want traded for a rebuild. :(

That is a good haul though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really wanna know what the nats best offer for Cutch was because Jesus Christ.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Chexoid posted:

Also the Rockies apparently want to trade Stroman for Blackmon which... man... gently caress...

Well, they're allowed to dream I guess.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The jays could really use Blackmon but man, Stroman is like maybe one of my favourite players of all time, full stop. So gently caress that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really wanna know what the nats best offer for Cutch was because Jesus Christ.

Probably less since Cutch is older and has less years of control on a good deal.

Eaton wasn't bad last year. He's just an idiotic locker room cancer right there with Sale.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly if Huntington turned down that package for Cutch he should be fired on the spot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tavarin posted:

I don't think that'll happen. Quintana is still signed for another four years, so unless the Sox get blown away I think they'll just hold onto him. Of course that leaves quite a few players that could be dealt. David Robertson, Nate Jones, Melky, Abreu, Frazier and James Shields if anyone is drunk.

I feel like the Astros are going to give up Francis Martes, Kyle Tucker, then some combination of two of Forrest Whitely, Derek Fisher, AJ Reed or some other random top 20 prospect

I will see this happen, I will kind of want to throw up, but then I'll try to be ok with it

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Kind of makes me wonder what Kevin Pillar could have gotten after the 2015 season when he put up loving 5 WAR despite literally having never hit a baseball.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

Honestly if Huntington turned down that package for Cutch he should be fired on the spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if their best offer was Giolito and Dunning but if it was the same offer they made for Eaton, I agree.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

sportsgenius86 posted:

What I don't get is that apparently the Nationals "balked" at the ask of Giolito + Lopez for Cutch, but then they turned around and blew that and more on Adam Eaton? :psyduck:

That's a package that would be a solid foundation for picking up somebody like Archer or another young cost controlled ace. Instead they blew it on a guy who's apparently garbage in the position they're going to fit him into. Okay.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Christ that is a giant overpay

Apparently the Nats' offer for Sale was the same three guys plus Robles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Your Taint posted:

If you don't love a fat guy that mashes huge dingers, you're not a baseball fan.

Hell, I love a fat guy who at his best was nothing more than a doubles machine.

Soler's interesting, I don't think the Royals have had a guy with his projected power since like...Bo. I'm sure I'm wrong there, and more sure that he'll never actually reach that potential, but drat have the Royals hated home runs for basically ever. Gonna miss Wade a lot though :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Christ that is a giant overpay

Apparently the Nats' offer for Sale was the same three guys plus Robles

that makes it even funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Adam Eaton is very good and is on a very good deal for several more seasons but that is way too much to give up for him.

Is there some sort of personal issue with Eaton that I'm not aware of because I always thought he seemed pretty cool

Grittybeard posted:

Hell, I love a fat guy who at his best was nothing more than a doubles machine.

Soler's interesting, I don't think the Royals have had a guy with his projected power since like...Bo. I'm sure I'm wrong there, and more sure that he'll never actually reach that potential, but drat have the Royals hated home runs for basically ever. Gonna miss Wade a lot though :(

uhhhhh you seem to have forgotten a little fellow named ken harvey

• Locked thread