Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

bongwizzard posted:

Clearly you are just trolling, we all know a cat would just immediately start batting at the mouse itself if it found the cord gone.

Cassie is so lazy she'd just use it as a pillow instead. Just like she always has.

foutre posted:

Or flop down on it, start purring and fall asleep so you feel bad if you try and move it... Or fall asleep on your keyboard. You really can't win.

This, however, is very likely. I cannot win. Except by petting the cat that lives on my mousepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

18 glorious inches, should be good for deep bush

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

What kind of gun is that for? I look at it and think maybe like an AR-15, but do they make those in .308? I don't really know guns.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What house did the sorting hat put you in?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Tres Burritos posted:

What kind of gun is that for? I look at it and think maybe like an AR-15, but do they make those in .308? I don't really know guns.

Really good eye for someone who doesn't know guns! It's an "AR" pattern rifle but in .308

It's going inside this guy:

Now all it needs is a scope, but I always drag my heels on this part because $1,000+ for a chunk of glass hurts...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

treiz01 posted:

Well you seem to like giving your opinion, and that's useless to a whole lot of people!

That's not entirely fair; I make a lot of decisions on what to not buy based on Bill's terrible opinions ITT.

Geoj has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Dec 8, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

That's not entirely fair; I make a lot of decisions on what to not buy based on Bill's terrible opinions ITT.

I suggest you buy food and water and continue to eat and drink to extend your life.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you need 18 inches to penetrate the bush, maybe you should invest in a trimmer

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is this the part where we talk about safety razors and feather blades or something? Oh also badger brushes and some kind of foaming soap I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

If you need 18 inches to penetrate the bush, maybe you should invest in a trimmer

He doesn't want to catch any STIs.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A fantastic meal at Tiffins at Disney's Animal Kingdom for my wife's birthday. She is a pastry chef at Animal Kingdom so her friends made this meal extra special for us.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

I suggest you buy food and water and continue to eat and drink to extend your life.

Stopped clock's right twice a day, etc.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

One day you'll all grow up and realize that I, like your dad, was right all along.

Nuts to you buddy, my dad is a Bipolar piece of poo poo!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treiz01 posted:

Nuts to you buddy, my dad is a Bipolar piece of poo poo!

Genetics are a bitch huh

mystes
May 31, 2006

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I bought 200 cases of sudafed
Have fun in jail if it's real sudafed and not sudafed PE.

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Takes the edge off every night

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A 1950s Conway Stewart 15:

A staple work horse pen from that time, fairly common, and then I spent 5 times the amount on all of this:

Now I just need more vintage fountain pens to restore so I can properly justify the purchase...

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that pen made of resin? Looks really nice.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is that pen made of resin? Looks really nice.

Sure is, also has a lovely soft 14ct gold nib. I couldn't help myself and gave it a dip test after I'd cleaned out all the old ink and removed the sac.

Modern high end pens are still made from resin, like this Visconti Homo Sapiens or anything Mont Blanc produces.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

All you guys arguing about mice and you cannot see the light of truth.

Kensington Expert Mouse Pro. The most comfortable and efficient peripheral ever made.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

strangemusic posted:

Kensington Expert Mouse Pro. The most comfortable and efficient peripheral ever made.

Uhh it seems to be upside down?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

strangemusic posted:

I used a Kensington Turbo Mouse 20 years ago. Back then they were popular enough you could buy all kinds replacement balls. I think mine was an 8 ball.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I used a Kensington Turbo Mouse 20 years ago. Back then they were popular enough you could buy all kinds replacement balls. I think mine was an 8 ball.

Yep! If you ever lose or break the ball part, a generic pool ball is about as close as you can get to an appropriately sized replacement without ordering a new mouse. Don't ask me why I know this.

You see these in recording studios everywhere because the scrollwheel + ball combo allows really easy and granular scrubbing forward and backward along tracks, and you can macro-assign important commands like cut/crossfade to the big buttons and just tappity-tap your way through editing, one hand on the keyboard for your tab, F, R and T keys, the other on the mouse for scrubbing, cutting and aligning to grid. I used one for long enough in that context that anything else feels silly to me now.

The only crap thing about them is that all the cruft and lint and dead horrible gross things that come from your hands (you dirty, dirty person) settle inside very easily. It pays to have a canned air canister.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Dec 8, 2016

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I really like the wireless G602 that I posted about on October 12th. I have it on endurance mode with low polling and have never felt the delay even in games like CS:GO. It was the only reason I could use my mouse hand when I broke my right arm. I only remember to turn it off like 20% of the nights and it has lasted on one battery until this week. It gives you plenty of warning, so keeping one rechargeable battery and charging every couple months is not bad at all.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

VW Alltrack SEL

Taking it to the snow this weekend :c00l:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

strangemusic posted:

Yep! If you ever lose or break the ball part, a generic pool ball is about as close as you can get to an appropriately sized replacement without ordering a new mouse. Don't ask me why I know this.

You see these in recording studios everywhere

Of course the guy who works in a recording studio would have an 8 ball handy

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Of course the guy who works in a recording studio would have an 8 ball handy

:rimshot:

Also that's a nice car.

Here's some content: this lil' cutie percussion thing! It's like a closed hi-hat/clap dealy made out of a wood block and a strip of old cymbal bronze, and you can mount it on top of another cymbal, or wherever you want I guess. It's even got a tiny little bell on it. I like big smashy hi-hats anyway so having a tighter, clickier sounding piece is super awesome.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Dec 8, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I Am Not Spor posted:

VW Alltrack SEL

Taking it to the snow this weekend :c00l:
I'm glad that wagons are becoming less socially stigmatized.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm glad that wagons are becoming less socially stigmatized.

What was/is the social stigma?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sleppy posted:

I really like the wireless G602 that I posted about on October 12th. I have it on endurance mode with low polling and have never felt the delay even in games like CS:GO. It was the only reason I could use my mouse hand when I broke my right arm. I only remember to turn it off like 20% of the nights and it has lasted on one battery until this week. It gives you plenty of warning, so keeping one rechargeable battery and charging every couple months is not bad at all.

It actually gives you too much warning, because the battery is probably good for another 2-3 weeks form when it starts telling you it's low.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

What was/is the social stigma?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh. Station wagons (or farmers as we call them) have been out-selling other body types since the nineties I think.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh. Station wagons (or farmers as we call them) have been out-selling other body types since the nineties I think.
Who didn't want one of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjfSlSZnmk

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not in the US; they lag way behind crossovers, which doesn't make sense to me because mine and the Outback sit as high or higher than most crossovers, have way more cargo space, and drive better than most crossovers. Plus the AWD system on the Outback is miles better than anything out there, and the 4Motion isn't half bad.

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Dec 8, 2016

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I Am Not Spor posted:

Not in the US; they lag way behind crossovers, which doesn't make sense to me because mine and the Outback sit as high or higher than most crossovers, have way more cargo space, and drive better than most crossovers. Plus the AWD system on the Outback is miles better than anything out there, and the 4Motion isn't half bad.

Perception > Reality

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I Am Not Spor posted:

Not in the US;

Well yes but it helps that the rest of the world didn't really have the monstrosities like what was posted above (except for Volvos I guess but they were also very good cars all around). Personally I'd go for a station wagon simply because why opt for the model with less usable space?

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well yes but it helps that the rest of the world didn't really have the monstrosities like what was posted above (except for Volvos I guess but they were also very good cars all around). Personally I'd go for a station wagon simply because why opt for the model with less usable space?

Nothing wrong with that car above :colbert:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

I Am Not Spor posted:

You sit higher in crossovers, so getting in and out is a lot easier if you're old or :btroll:, and I guess you see better if the road is full of other crossovers, SUVs and pickups. But yeah the handling and fuel economy are poo poo.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My dad car will be a station wagon or trick minivan. Crossovers are the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ugh I have to buy a new car and I am so mad I hate it