Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Did my first world boss today.

Net score - Literally zero!

I will not be doing world boss again anytime soon! Holy poo poo, it attacks like 7 times before any of my dudes get to do anything. I mean, I was expecting a low score. But with a full team of +5 6* I figured I'de at least get like A SCORE lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
World bosses needs a pretty specific setup to counter specific abilities the boss do. Certain heroes are absolutely REQUIRED for certain bosses, if you don't have said hero at all there is no point in doing that boss.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

And even then if you do not pump items into them they will get ruined instantly. My perfect 6* +5 team for the current one was killed after one attack.
It's pretty unfun but at least it's over quickly.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Also as far as I know, Iron Devourer specifically is 100% luck no matter what team you're running, because it's impossible to juggle all of the needed abilities on it without dropping cooldown reduction randomly due to the fact it can randomly normal attack stall for 30+ seconds. And if the boss gets a single skill off from the main head you wipe instantly (it removes buff duration by 3).

Also the boss will just randomly cause other status ailments not listed because it's well designed.

But yes it's at least nice because it ends quickly no matter what. You still get more rewards for doing Normal instead of Easy even if you score 0 points.

The other nice thing is that nobody gives a poo poo about WB because all it gives you is Jewels.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Oh my goodness I just pulled a 27% Speed weapon from a random Raid reward chest I didn't even know you could do that.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I pulled a 27 speed orb the other day, was very happy since I am trying to gear up both BJ and FY at once. The random raid drops are actually somewhat common, I pull one almost every day by doing only 51+ raids.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I got a 32% lethal attack radiant magic orb from my like, second raid reward box thing. Is that a rare occurrence? Cause I wanna farm that shiet for all my dubes if it's common-esk.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 4, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not really. If it were 33% then that would be semi rare, but 32% is typical stuff (and it's Lethal soooooooo).
The drop pool from chests is the same as the 300 tier random craft, and the rate of item drops increases with the dragon level (and your participation level). They drop fairly often from 90+ chests, but of course your odds of actually getting something useful are still very small.

Got Sieg to 40 today, got a Lina from the Special Summon which will put her up to 40 as well. Glad it's the weekend, need tons of fodder and still sitting on almost 2 million gold due to the event.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Has anyone done any math on what the actual pull rate is for not garbage? I don't see how this company makes money (outside of special event deals) when the pulls are comically unrewarding (I've only done free pulls so far, but I'm reading literally everywhere that pulls are worthless outside of guaranteed pull events). Even in Puzzles and Dragons, I usually felt pretty good after pulling a few times.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I guess they mostly let whales buy shitloads of rubies+topaz so they can get 7l/4l and extra selectors so they can whale their way to level 40 heroes.

I think this game is really friendly for f2p, but I don't see much reason to ever buy anything because most of the offers are pretty mehhhhhh.

Ruby pulls are really awful though yeah (hence the mastery always rule).

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone mind explaining HOT TIME to me? The description isn't very informative.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
You can activate it whenever you want, once a day. It lasts for four hours (or until rollover).

While it's active, you get the listed bonuses when running Adventure mode depending on which zone you're in, e.g. during the week zones 1 through 7 have boosted gold rewards but at the weekend they have increased fodder drops.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How many points should one have earned by now in that event going on, Rising Star ? It is hard to gauge wether or not you have done todays task. I have 1700 points now, after finishing todays castle rush. Is that the max or have i missed one?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 4, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
I'm at 700 today before the reset, and I already spent 1k. So I'm guessing you're right on target.

Also, managed to auto-play my way into silver pvp rank, which is way higher than I should be. Have lost like 20 matches in a row today now that I'm in this bracket with my schamble of a team not abusing comically korean resurrection/immortality mechanics.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yup 1.7k. You can get everything important for a lot less than the total point cost anyway.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

How high can formations be leveled and should I be trying to max them out early?

I'm just starting to work on getting some good formations together now that I've got some of the heroes you guys are mentioning. I'm trying to farm 7-9 for gems, but I don't seem to be doing enough damage reduction since my junk units are still getting killed. I'm using the 3-2 formation with Jave and Hellenia up front. I'm guessing since she doesn't come up much in discussions that putting a bunch of good gear on Hellenia was a bad choice. She's been finishing the first couple of Raid bosses for me while the rest of the party gets wiped pretty easily, and I don't have the topazes to remove her stuff. Just picked up Guan Yu, but don't have any gear for him yet. I'd be open to any advice if someone wants to take a look at my collection in-game. Username is simply MagicAlex.

I would also like to join the Goon guild(s?) when there's an opening available please and thank you.

MagicAlex fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 5, 2016

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
You won't be maxing all formations for a long time unless you're buying gold from the cash shop (or you ignore advancing your team for a while in terms of items/fodder upgrades). Formations have a linear increase in effectiveness based on level, but an exponential increase in cost per unit of stat gained. (I would spit out a formula here normally, but I'm pretty sure they didn't use any geometric sequences for basing their pricing system. I'm pretty sure the costs are arbitrarily selected. I find around level 20 is fine when just starting out. They go up to level 60 I believe (might just be the korean version there though).

Level 20 should probably be your goal for all formations.

In the unlikely case you're thinking of getting the auto-level 40 payment option thing (don't), it's more cost effective to just buy the gold from the cash shop directly (3 mil = 10 bux). You get 9 million gold for $30, where as it costs 8 million to rank all of the formations to 40. (Seriously, just farm the gold. Doesn't take that long.)

Based on the tier trees I've been looking at, Hellenia is pretty average across the board. Not bad, but not great either.

For team advice, ask the more experience players. I've just been running the numbers on formations and such out of curiosity/being a nerd.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 5, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Not really. If it were 33% then that would be semi rare, but 32% is typical stuff (and it's Lethal soooooooo).

Nobody caught me on this but 32% is actually the max stat that drops out of the Raid chest, the 33% one I was thinking of is the Awoken tier only (which doesn't drop).

40 is the max level for Formations. Focus on getting Defensive formation maxed out first, since that's the best one for all the DPS heavy game modes, and you can also use it for PvP too.

Hellenia is pretty garbo for late game stuff right now but she gets an early awakening so hold on to her. It'll probably be a long time before you can make use of her but no point in worrying about it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Probably want to focus on awakening Karin first, because death immune is a thing for Kris days

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just started giving this a shot as SATrips, gonna add people from the spreadsheet.

I have no idea what I'm doing, just following the tutorial.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Thank you daily quiz, now I can Transcend Karma.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

They're only two coins ahead of us in the Guild War, Sloven Knights! Get in there and kick them right in the anime dicks!!!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Should I be throwing my rising star points at Finas so I can more adequately kick anime dicks?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

You can only ever redeem each reward once. I believe order of importance is:

Fina
Leah
7k Weapon
7k Armour
5* Earth or Light elemental

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Every time I power up a 6* with rice cakes and miss the x2 bonus I die a little inside.

Semi-relatedly Feng Yan is coming along nicely. Gigantic Sword does great damage to Gaze. Once I get him farther along I'll have to redo my Raid A-Team. Shane | Espada, Karma, Eileen, Karon is doing alright, I think Feng Yan | Espada, Lina, Rin, Sieg would do better but my Lina is untouched so until I can get her and Sieg some juice I'll probably just swap in Feng Yan and Rin.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Gotta get that Bai Jiao going too, especially for a Feng team. Need that extra +40% Lethal to make those Gigantic Swords really hurt.
Unfortunately even with that and the jewel, that only leaves Feng at what, like 70% Lethal chance? Kinda sucks, but at least it's better odds than triggering Shane's second hit.

Speaking of, there's a new 6* selector from perfecting World 11 Easy now. Got my Bai from 32 -> 34 today so that's nice. Now if only he had a single weapon equipped.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I never have enough fodder, much less cakes. Even my core 7k/4l's aren't +5 yet :eng99:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Could Sera foreseeably replace Bai Jiao, due to her 50% Lethal Increase?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

Could Sera foreseeably replace Bai Jiao, due to her 50% Lethal Increase?

Not for Raid/CR, since the main point of BJ is for the +60% Mag/Phys. But for NMW yes you could be using her instead of BJ since you also need those pierces.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Gotta get that Bai Jiao going too, especially for a Feng team. Need that extra +40% Lethal to make those Gigantic Swords really hurt.

poo poo, I don't even ha-

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Speaking of, there's a new 6* selector from perfecting World 11 Easy now. Got my Bai from 32 -> 34 today so that's nice. Now if only he had a single weapon equipped.

Well, it's about time I caught up with the story then!

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
Netmarble finally did a coupon that doesn't require you to switch the game to Thai language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sL7dkfngcE

You get a 4* ticket, which isn't bad.

Edit: You enter coupons by going to the "News" icon on the upper left of the main screen (the bullhorn) and then there is a coupon option there you can click on

lets be best friends okay fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 7, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

those animations :awesomelon:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

lets be best friends okay posted:

Netmarble finally did a coupon that doesn't require you to switch the game to Thai language!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sL7dkfngcE

You get a 4* ticket, which isn't bad.

Cannot find anywhere to input the coupon.

The code is "ALLNEW7K" btw

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Cannot find anywhere to input the coupon.

The code is "ALLNEW7K" btw

'News' on the left side -> 'Coupons'. Supposedly not there for iphones?

I also read that Karma will probably get a board tomorrow. Which means that he'll be included in selectors. Which means that I missed him by two days with my monthly selector. :mad:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Just got started in this. I'm in using the same name if anyone wants to add me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

'News' on the left side -> 'Coupons'. Supposedly not there for iphones?

Indeed, it is not there. Im on iPhone.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Big awakening event, 21 days of checkin for awesome stuff including a few 6* selectors, 4L items, etc etc. Infinite entries to the Awakening dungeons for 2 weeks.

Also important: Sera and Karma are now available from their respective selectors.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well it wouldn't be a patch day without them completely breaking arena and making it essentially non-functional. They completely hosed up Immortals somehow and they just randomly don't get any actions at all until they die.

Better still, they hosed with the 5xAoE immunity and now it just straight up makes you invincible. Lotta fun just swinging like 5 skills at Pascal and him taking 0 damage the whole time.

Oh they are also obvious loving with stat weighting again or just royally hosed up something because I'm getting gibbed for like 5 digit damage by literally everything.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well it wouldn't be a patch day without them completely breaking arena and making it essentially non-functional. They completely hosed up Immortals somehow and they just randomly don't get any actions at all until they die.

Better still, they hosed with the 5xAoE immunity and now it just straight up makes you invincible. Lotta fun just swinging like 5 skills at Pascal and him taking 0 damage the whole time.

Oh they are also obvious loving with stat weighting again or just royally hosed up something because I'm getting gibbed for like 5 digit damage by literally everything.

Masteries got buffed?

String errors in Mastery Skill have been fixed.

-Offensive Mastery skills of Lv.10/Lv.35/Lv.110 which are related to the increase of Physical and Magic

Attack have been corrected.

5->10, 10->20, 20->40 (%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gonna take a loooooooot of farming and keys to awaken Evan and Karin. I'm not sure I can beat hard Evan without a continue either, though the key difference between normal and hard isn't huge.

If I can auto normal though, doing that, gently caress doing hard manually 100 times.

• Locked thread