Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Nihilarian posted:

that matches up with what Japan got

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that we were getting a longer orbfest, but now it is back to normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I pulled on the banner because my inner eight year old wanted Leo's sword

I got Leo's sword

I also got Setzer's full breakdown 14-hit proc SSB, and two Relm relics, her hastega + critga robe and BSB brush

:getin: this account might have a shot at Nemesis X

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Definitley will never spend 100 gems on this game again

*jumps on the magus robe and beats the crap out of it before stabbing it and setting it on fire* burn burn burn bbbuuuurrrrnnnnn

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I have way too much FFVI stuff, I shouldn't bother rolling on it, but I'm weak and maybe I'll get the Runic Blade upgrade for Celes, that'd be sweet.

Hey Edgar, time to move on up!

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Second OSB. :toot: And I inadvertently have all of Edgar's relics, so hello Chainsaw and Bioblaster combo~~

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got enhanced Bioblaster and my second and third Excalibur. Needless to say poo poo will be getting murdered.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Armitage posted:

Definitley will never spend 100 gems on this game again

*jumps on the magus robe and beats the crap out of it before stabbing it and setting it on fire* burn burn burn bbbuuuurrrrnnnnn

Yeah, while I don't disagree that odds probably favor you getting a decent number of things out of thirty $1 draws, I really do feel like it's better to just not do them and instead let yourself whale out once in a blue moon on a banner that really gets your goat.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, while I don't disagree that odds probably favor you getting a decent number of things out of thirty $1 draws, I really do feel like it's better to just not do them and instead let yourself whale out once in a blue moon on a banner that really gets your goat.

I'm just gonna do 11 pulls from now on, maybe throw a few bucks if I'm short on mythril and really want to do an 11-pull due to impatience or running out of mythril sources. I've found so far that it's been worth throwing the gems at to make up the difference. Hello Ragnarok/Apocalypse/Strange Visions/Mistilteinn!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
100 gemmed Leo's sword :woop:

Does make it harder to justify pulling for Excalibur though, although I suppose having her original Runic makes that less of a pressing need

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So how does this "deals more damage against fewer enemies" thing work on the Imperial Highblade? Like I mean the gist is self-evident obviously, but is it base damage that gets stronger against fewer enemies, or is there a damage penalty when facing larger groups? It sounds really good on paper for tough single-target fights, but I'm guessing it's not a huge damage boost.

It changes the multiplier of the SB. From Enlir's spreadsheet, it's 6 hits of 80/90/100/125 potency each against 4+/3/2/1 enemies, respectively. That's 750 potency for a single target, which is roughly in line with a single target SSB. Similarly, 600 for 2 targets is exactly the default for AOE SSBs. Against 3-4 targets it's weaker than a standard SSB.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

Dollar pull got me Shadow's BSB - seems alright? Maybe worthy of honing entrust and spamming the hell out of the instant cast?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sir Bruce posted:

Dollar pull got me Shadow's BSB - seems alright? Maybe worthy of honing entrust and spamming the hell out of the instant cast?

Shadow's BSB is actually surprisingly really good. It's got the instant cast thing going for it, but the commands themselves have ninja magic cast time (0.83 seconds instead of the standard 1.65) so you can usually get in like 6 in the duration of the burst.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Zurai, you had mentioned that Celes' Indomitable Blade was a proto-BSB when paired with top skills. Would Runic do more or less the same, save for Holy-spamming bosses, or is there another significant advantage (besides damage vs no damage)?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:siren::siren:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
My luck's been too good lately, so I won't be too disappointed when I inevitably get one luminous robe and nothing--

...else.

:getin:

(I am now the proud owner of a 7* Crystal Helm)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zurai posted:

It changes the multiplier of the SB. From Enlir's spreadsheet, it's 6 hits of 80/90/100/125 potency each against 4+/3/2/1 enemies, respectively. That's 750 potency for a single target, which is roughly in line with a single target SSB. Similarly, 600 for 2 targets is exactly the default for AOE SSBs. Against 3-4 targets it's weaker than a standard SSB.

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. Not really "stronger against fewer enemies" so much as "weaker against more enemies." Was hoping it would at least be slightly more potent than usual against a single target but eh, probably would be a little *too* good then.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sir Bruce posted:

Nothing's probably worth honing Entrust. I'd just enjoy the Ninja cast speed commands, and use those to charge up the next instant cast BSB. Just pair it off with Ace Striker/Battleforged, and Lifesiphon if you feel like it.

:aaaaa:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

Nothing's probably worth honing Entrust. I'd just enjoy the Ninja cast speed commands, and use those to charge up the next instant cast BSB. Just pair it off with Ace Striker/Battleforged, and Lifesiphon if you feel like it.

Yeah, Entrust just seems like the kind of thing where it'd only be useful if you weren't capable of fielding an actual team with all Breaks of some kind. That or I suppose if you're crazy and trying to CM before you have a strong stable of characters from the Realm with Breaks.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I need context for Gogo! CONTEXT!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Attestant posted:

I could see making Entrust if you have something wacky like Terra SSB + OSB, because that is a lot, lot, lot of damage, but outside of that? Eh....

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Alxprit posted:

I need context for Gogo! CONTEXT!

From December 16, FFV event "deep sea of the investigator," is scheduled to be held on the.
In this event, lurking in the tower sank to the seabed Walls, a self-proclaimed "mimicry master" of ... that "imitation to Gogo" the seems to be a friend!

"Imitation and Gogo" Speaking of, "fight" to "fight", "magic" in the "magic", that, who fights that take advantage of the "imitation" is but it is impressive. Apparently, in FFRK, "imitation" could be invoked against fellow attacks ...! And information.
In addition, from December 13, "imitation and Gogo" is that of that is scheduled to Twitter campaign named after the advent of. Gone eggs are 55 (gogo) gifts or more as they achieve "something"!
For more information, such as holding period announcements and of FFRK official Twitter because it will announced on, to be held, but please wait for a while now.

Based google translated (from https://xn--ffrk-8i9hs14f.gamematom...%9B%9E%EF%BD%9E )

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Entrust is actually really good, but you have to build your team around it (or use it in multiplayer) to get the best use out of it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
An VIII event featuring Laguna (still no Kiros and Ward), a V event introducing Gogo, and a VII event featuring Cloud and Sephiroth, with 20 new MC3s (including Barret, Cait Sith, Ricard, and Edea) and new Record Sphere... spheres.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I did an 11 pull on 6 I probably didn't need to do and a dollar pull annnnnnd

Celes SSB / Leo SSB / Setzer SSB / Cyan SSB.

Well now I've got Cyan, Locke (BSB), Sabin, Leo, Setzer, Celes, Terra and Relm SSBs. I think... I am good on pulling for them intentionally. Do I want to stone the poo poo out of the Excalibur because yknow, +Holy weapon?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

My luck's been too good lately, so I won't be too disappointed when I inevitably get one luminous robe and nothing--

...else.

:getin:

(I am now the proud owner of a 7* Crystal Helm)

Crystal Helm+++ rules and in FF6 content I'm not sure there's many, if any, armor that'll give more +atk.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Zurai posted:

Entrust is actually really good, but you have to build your team around it (or use it in multiplayer) to get the best use out of it.

How'd that work? My initial gut instinct doesn't like the idea of "wasting" a character slot to be the Entrust monkey.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
100 gems get me Relm's Luminous Robe.

...Yaaaaaay, I guess! More 5 stars!

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Attestant posted:

How'd that work? My initial gut instinct doesn't like the idea of "wasting" a character slot to be the Entrust monkey.

The person you're Entrusting does enough damage for two people with enough SB bars.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
100 gems got me the stupid Priest's Miter. I'm 3/44 on 100 gem pulls in the last several months, and the ones I do pull are usually generics/off banner. Cool.

Also, I can't believe they're going with FFV Gogo before FFVI Gogo. FFV Gogo was barely in the game for five minutes! Four of which was you and him staring at each other in silence. Bah.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Servaetes posted:

I did an 11 pull on 6 I probably didn't need to do and a dollar pull annnnnnd

Celes SSB / Leo SSB / Setzer SSB / Cyan SSB.

Well now I've got Cyan, Locke (BSB), Sabin, Leo, Setzer, Celes, Terra and Relm SSBs. I think... I am good on pulling for them intentionally. Do I want to stone the poo poo out of the Excalibur because yknow, +Holy weapon?

Holy weapon, good attack, common realm. I don't regret rosettaing mine one bit.

Just beat cagnazzo. Lost one medal for each of actions taken, damage taken, and characters KOed.

Still mastered. God what a weird, painful fight. Never beat it last time it was around. Turns out getting dusks decree made a bit of difference, as well as RW vessel of fate! Of course once SG wore off I forgot to reapply, so watergas started causing problems. Beat him with zero turns left basically.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

100 gems got me the stupid Priest's Miter. I'm 3/44 on 100 gem pulls in the last several months, and the ones I do pull are usually generics/off banner. Cool.

Also, I can't believe they're going with FFV Gogo before FFVI Gogo. FFV Gogo was barely in the game for five minutes! Four of which was you and him staring at each other in silence. Bah.
I think it's just that FFVI has way more potential characters

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

The Mattybee posted:

The person you're Entrusting does enough damage for two people with enough SB bars.

This, pretty much. The archetypical example is Thunder God Cid OSB chaining. TGCid can pretty reliably do 99,999 damage even to d220 bosses with the right setup, so chain-Entrusting SB bars onto him can end fights REAL fast. And it doesn't take long to get the SB bars, either; two uses of Wrath with Ace Striker or Battleforged is 540 gauge, which is a little more than one bar. Four uses of Wrath and with the incidental damage you take during a MP boss is going to be 3 full bars for TGCid, so 5 actions to let you rip off 300,000 damage. Plus Cid himself probably had a bar which he used right before the Entrust (signalling the Entrust) so that's 400k damage. And really, Wrath is cheap and you get 2 charges of Entrust, so you can do that twice if you really need to.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I've got a R3 copy of Shadowbind that I made a long time ago, and I'm not sure if I should hold onto it or just shatter it since greater power orbs are needed for so many things. I hardly ever use it and it seems kinda useless since nobody that can use it has the stats to keep Stop applied for more than like a second against anything that's actually dangerous. Is it worth keeping for anything?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've got a R3 copy of Shadowbind that I made a long time ago, and I'm not sure if I should hold onto it or just shatter it since greater power orbs are needed for so many things. I hardly ever use it and it seems kinda useless since nobody that can use it has the stats to keep Stop applied for more than like a second against anything that's actually dangerous. Is it worth keeping for anything?

It'll be pretty decent for the Nightmare Tonberry fight. I'd hold on to it if you haven't done that yet, at least.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Oh dear, that sorceress gauntlet sure does go on forever :(

I'm guessing the strategy is to save up SB charges till the end and then let rip?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So JP finally got another source of the MAG/DEF debuff outside of Ark Blast.

The con? It's on Irvine's Burst. And it's not even the entry, it's one of the commands.

Still, at least people finally have an alternative for it. And the entry also has a ATK/DEF debuff, so you can quickly stack a lot of -DEF.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Who'd have thought that Irvine of all characters would eventually ascend to god tier.

Trip report from dragging Relm's BSB to MO: It's not always useful but when it is, holy poo poo. Anti-wipe mechanics are good in situations where the boss could randomly decide to counter twice then crit someone to death turn 1

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Not too surprisingly really, most of the FFVIII characters get really good relics that can really propel them upwards (Fujin, Edea, Zell, Quistis, Irvine). Sorry if you're a main character though.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh boy, gogo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Just remembered that the Rematch battles are ending in like 12 hours. I got fed up with Cagnazzo's trolly bullshit when the dungeons dropped, so I spent like a dozen stamina doing Hit & Run just so I could nuke the poo poo out of him with Soul Breaks. gently caress off forever, Cagnazzo

• Locked thread