Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

I def think a trade for Dunn fell through wrt the wolves. It might happen on 12/15 .

With the 76ers? I dunno, Thibs hasn't warmed to Ricky, and there was that Butler trade that was bandied about (Dear lord, Butler Towns and Wiggins with either LaVine or Ricky), but I didn't hear anything specific with the 76ers.

Philly definitely has guys the Wolves would want, but not sure who'd they want to let go. I'd guess Noel wouldn't be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I remember when some people didn't want butler over lavine

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Def think there was a close Sixers deal and still may be. Colangelo was super high on Dunn when there was like no reason to lie about it since everyone knew he was taking Simmons.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Are the wolves so bad because Thibs doesn't have a short, shooty point guard?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably because their star players are like 22 or younger and they are playing an era of lots of good teams.

(NBA could definitely expand by 2 or 4 teams)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

(NBA could definitely expand by 2 or 4 teams)

No it couldn't

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah we really don't need an influx of lovely teams when the Finals are already nearly a foregone conclusion.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Why doesn't anyone ever talk about contraction? We should get rid of 3/4 of teams, and make games multiple days long.

Warriors Clippers final score 1023-1022

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Expand the NBA or send the kings back to Cincinnati. But leave Vlade in Sacremento.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kibner posted:

Extremely surprised there were no Pelicans in the worst lists.

The Pelicans are basically AD and a dozen slightly below average scorers.

Libertine posted:

Surprising me on the worst shooting list are Deng and Bazemore. I'm assuming Deng is just a husk at this point because he used to be a pretty efficienct scorer. I thought Bazemore still was a good scorer so I'm not sure. What's the deal with those two?

The rest of the top and bottom ten make pretty good sense to me.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What the hell happened to Bazemore? He looked really good last year and murdered the Celtics in the playoffs.

I haven't seen Deng play much this year. He's not even shooting that much. 8 FGAs per game: 28% from 3P range, 37% from 2P range. :vince: I suppose the generic answer would be to say "Thibodeau cooked him alive!" or something.

Bazemore's numbers are also inexplicable on the surface. I haven't seen him play either.

Veryslightlymad posted:

If they're actually bad, it shouldn't take more than a handful of games. If I were a coach, I'd want my top 6 guys in the rotation to definitively be the best guys on my team by advanced stats. I would want there to be no question that I was fielding the best possible lineup I have.

At this level of competition it's usually very obvious that the vast majority of guys aren't good enough for the NBA.

Sometimes they let that random guy play a few minutes and it's very obvious that he's not close to NBA-level.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

so…clips warriors tonight

what does the thread think?

With Klay/Curry/Durant I wonder about the possibility of four guys scoring 40+ in a single game.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah we really don't need an influx of lovely teams when the Finals are already nearly a foregone conclusion.

If we added four teams or subtracted the four worst teams it's not going to change the NBA finals.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hot take, if the clippers win than cue discussion of warriors should blow it up

if the warriors win, cue "it doesn't matter, it's just the regular season"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
NBA should add two teams and switch to 4 8-team divisions. Current division format is really lame.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

Cherry Berry also sells froyo

https://streamable.com/tn10

In honor of that Thibodeau video using NES music I did a few Youtube mixes featuring the best and worst FG shooting performances so far this season:

Andrew Wiggins -15 FGNP performance along with the maligned and obnoxious tracks from The Adventures of Rad Gravity:
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/58487bc820d47-rad-gravity-andrew-wiggins.php

Curry's +19 FGNP performance along with the famous Journey to Silius score:
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/58487a0d2743b-silius-stephen-curry.php

Tae posted:

Hot take, if the clippers win than cue discussion of warriors should blow it up

if the warriors win, cue "it doesn't matter, it's just the regular season"

This seems likely.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Pacers beat the Clippers twice, the Clippers are bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't wait for next season when they move up the season and eliminate preseason games, because 4 games in 5 nights is the dumbest poo poo and benefits no one

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Athanatos posted:

The Pacers beat the Clippers twice, the Clippers are bad.

Sometimes good teams have weird matchup problems. A classic example of this is the Kobe/Gasol Lakers vs the Bobcats.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Metapod posted:

Wall scoring 52 and losing lmao

You have the opportunity to make this happen for Russellmania too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Apparently the most important bulls player as the second he went out the team went to poo poo.

the bulls broadcast literally had a Record With and Without McDermit graphic

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Reading your posts sometimes send me into a dada-esque fugue state and I never feel quite right when I come out of them

The dadaesque fugues would be a good D league name. IS THIS A BASKETBALL THREAD I'M READING THIS IN

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Uhh, gesundheit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_Zeets/status/806704412924071936

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/806709134175256576

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jefferson was ready to dive on the court for the loose water bottle. What a good teammate

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So I don't get why the Rockets lost to the Lakers in the season opener

I turned it off when they were up 40 tonight

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

well, they were missing beverley, and the lakers had everyone healthy. although they should've still won.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

chunkles posted:

well, they were missing beverley, and the lakers had everyone healthy. although they should've still won.

Like half their roster were basically new people in the rotation, including 2 starters. It takes a while for new players to get along.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This Lakers team isn't exactly what Houston faced on day 1 either, they're missing the starting backcourt and two other players who were in their rotation on top of that.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 8, 2016

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I love the god drat NBA

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

Like half their roster were basically new people in the rotation, including 2 starters. It takes a while for new players to get along.

they should still beat the lakers though.

gordon made more threes tonight than the entire rockets team did in that game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

So I don't get why the Rockets lost to the Lakers in the season opener

I turned it off when they were up 40 tonight

Because

Amazing

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Athanatos posted:

I love the god drat NBA

Imagine the suspensions and fines Goodell would want to do for that.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Metapod posted:

Because

Amazing

Laker man has an excellent Lou Will sign he holds up this season.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

The league is fine the way it is but it would be a little better if you dropped a couple of teams like the Kings and the Magic and the Knicks.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

somewhere in a dark room roger goodell bolts upright from his slumber and shudders with fright as he mutters under his breath "this poo poo would never happen in my league"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i like how Kyrie makes sure the ref is walking the other way before going for it

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can we just skip to the Finals already?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets one win away from #3. gently caress Defense.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Can we just skip to the Finals already?

I'll never understand this mentality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Only two teams matter and it's boring watching them slaughter inferior teams. Let them play a best of 55-game series and everyone else can play in the consolation bracket.

• Locked thread