Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm enjoying flashing back to season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:sigh: and the episode was going so well until Ollie killed Felicity's boyfriend.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That was a genuinely great twist. The flashback fights and kills were sweet too.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Telling........the truth? What loving show is this!?!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Are we supposed to have forgotten that the reporter lady has that picture of Ollie in Russia during the period of time he was missing?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^
She also had very Russian looking vodka, I smell shenanigans.

Well, huh, that's certainly a cliffhanger

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I didn't think they could top S03's mid-season cliffhanger. Wow.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
In no particular order:

1) Prometheus has access to alternate dimensions

2) Ollie is pretty broken up inside and is now seeing Laurel

3) Someone got crazy superhero show plastic surgery to look like Laurel

4) Laurel didn't die, which like sure whatever

5) Robots?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reporter lady is deffo Prometheus, calling it now.

Also :laffo:Billy:laffo:

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I take back what I said earlier and will immediately start catching up on this show

Also, Laurel is back thanks to Barry's Flashpoint shenanigans somehow

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Prometheus being related to a hitherto unknown (those season one "flashbacks" were new right? My memory is terrible) kill from The List feels like a bit of a damp squib so I'm kind of hoping it is reporter lady.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Let's face it people, Ollie's seen dead girlfriends before, this is nothing new...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Prometheus is Laurels lawyer friend from season 1 that got trained by Merlyn thanks to Flashpoint. Barry :argh:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss those awesome murder fights from the first season

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another part of the plan. Make Oliver doubt himself and his methods and all that.

Otherwise drat the guy holds a heavy grudge for killing his piece of poo poo dad who abandoned him.

And they actually did a season 1 flashback episode like everyone has joked about. That was great.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 8, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What if it's because of Sara telling Dharrrhkhkhk about his future?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oliver landing a helicopter at the U.S. Open to impress Maria Sharapova is pretty funny, and an underrated moment

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Man season 1 Arrow was so good. :(

But season 5 is okay. :)

Really hoping Prometheus being some random schlub isn't true. And Laurel being a hallucination would be incredibly lame.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Also flashback villain was totally Trump.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shkreli with some extras.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

MAKE THIS CITY GREAT AGAIN

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Trump was totally a villain in the green arrow comic this week too.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actually like Prometheus just being some dude Oliver wronged. I can't think of any existing character it could be that wouldn't be at least a little dumb, and it helps demonstrate how much Oliver has changed and why The Green Arrow is different from the Hood.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think Laurel showing up out of nowhere is the other ramification of Flashpoint, which would be pretty cool seeing as the way she died was completely loving stupid

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That was some good Arrow poo poo :stare:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How does the crew immediately forgive Ollie for murdering Felicity's boyfriend? How does Felicity ever come back to work? I half expected Ollie to turn himself in for the murder with how shaken up about he seemed to be.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So the reporter lady is totally Prometheus, right? Because that was some heavy foreshadowing with the direct camera shot of her pouring vodka.

EDIT: VV Yeah, that was totally a "dude, that was really hosed up that the guy tricked you into killing someone, especially going through so much effort to torment you and us, we're with you." Given how seasons 3 and 4 went, I wasn't expecting that level of understanding and actually makes all the characters stronger for it.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 8, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This season has been great so far and that episode was probably the best one yet. That's one of my favorite single episodes in a long time. The misdirect with Billy was great. As was the fact that Oliver came out and admitted and everyone, including Felicity, understood. I also like the flashback to stuff in season one we never saw. I still feel like that because we never saw Prometheus unmasked that he might not be exactly who we think he is.

Klungar posted:

How does the crew immediately forgive Ollie for murdering Felicity's boyfriend? How does Felicity ever come back to work? I half expected Ollie to turn himself in for the murder with how shaken up about he seemed to be.

It sucks, and it rightfully hurts them all, but it wasn't his fault. Their reactions were the correct ones.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Ragman forgave Felicity for killing his entire family and city, I'm sure Felicity can get over someone she's known for a few months.

I'm sure we'll hear more about it, but we really don't need another Cisco here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a great episode and gently caress yeah Katie Cassiday is the best.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Maybe I'm just weird, but whenever I just glance over at Reporter Lady (I'm sure she has a name, but none of us bother to remember it.) Her face reminds me of Laurel and I have to do a double take, it's been like this all season for me.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Scyantific posted:

What if it's because of Sara telling Dharrrhkhkhk about his future?

I would love if this is it and we get reformed Darhk

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It can't be because of Flashpoint or whatever. Oliver gave the city an ugly Laurel Statue which was post Flashpoint, so she definitely still died.

And nobody seems to have had their memories overwritten by a new timeline if Dharhk actually never killed her.

but that's assuming the writers care about consistency.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
So I haven't watched a full episode of this silly show besides the crossover since season 1, so I channel-surfed right into this gob-smacking murder and walked away confused. I thought Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow stopped killing people so he could really be the CW's dollar store Batman, but he's back to killing people with extreme prejudice and, shocker, it blows up in his face spectacularly? What?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

nooneofconsequence posted:

Also flashback villain was totally Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Autism Sneaks posted:

So I haven't watched a full episode of this silly show besides the crossover since season 1, so I channel-surfed right into this gob-smacking murder and walked away confused. I thought Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow stopped killing people so he could really be the CW's dollar store Batman, but he's back to killing people with extreme prejudice and, shocker, it blows up in his face spectacularly? What?

You didn't really pay attention did you?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Autism Sneaks posted:

It really is worth catching up on. The second half of season four was pretty bad but the rest of the show has been good to great.

My favourite run was the end of season two. I genuinely think during that time, it was one of the best tv shows on air.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I actually like Prometheus just being some dude Oliver wronged. I can't think of any existing character it could be that wouldn't be at least a little dumb, and it helps demonstrate how much Oliver has changed and why The Green Arrow is different from the Hood.
:agreed:

It feels like that is the big theme of season 5 especially so other than being "classically trained" in flips and fighting and poo poo I hope it is just a random person who was just the child of that guy on The List.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Rhyno posted:

You didn't really pay attention did you?

What part did I miss, guy I avoid talking to at my local comic book store, that wouldn't have been solved with boxing glove arrows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It can't be the reporter. She was inside with Oliver when Curtis was getting his rear end kicked.

• Locked thread