Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

Didn't you guys hear about Regi not being able to make enough money off League. That must be why he had to get a cheaper NA ADC instead of shelling out the big bux.

a real solid jerkin right here

Ulio posted:

also I wonder if DL is really gonna come back.

right now the obvious answer is yeah DL is gonna come back. now come start of summer split if there's rumors of TSM doing adc tryouts then we can speculate about DL's plan but until then (or some other time when DL is like "im not comin back get trolled idiots") its a safe assumption that DL is gonna keep trying for worlds. Otherwise his legacy as "ADC that was always almost good enough to be considered pretty good but falling short everytime" is gonna follow him forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I want to see Dardoch trying to pull the same stuff he did against Piglet with Flame and just get hammered in the jaw

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

RealFoxy posted:

I want to see Dardoch trying to pull the same stuff he did against Piglet with Flame and just get hammered in the jaw

flame would never ruin his beautiful, moisturized hands on dardoch's stupid face

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerkface posted:

flame would never ruin his beautiful, moisturized hands on dardoch's stupid face
Flame was infamous way back in the Azubu Blaze days for poo poo-talking everyone and calling their mothers whores. I want to see this drama, please IMT film the whole thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

KaSing is in Korea right now duo'ing with Massacre on a Riot Account, so I guess that would IMT's support.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Good, I am glad Cody Mass Sunacre is going to be the new Ruler of this Bung region

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Shadow225 posted:

This better not be like last season where like 8 teams looked cool and only 2 were.

but that is every year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Libertine posted:

I'll be honest I can't tell DL and WT's play apart. They both get big leads on lovely opponents, lose badly to good opponents, and position insanely recklessly and lose their team a game about once every 7-8 matches.

I don't remember DL playing recklessly in LCS he just got exploited at worlds because if u give a chance to a world class player to kill you for free they will take it. In NA players are worse so he can get away with more. Although I can't say the same for WT in NA. Also the obvious difference would be their laning phase. WT was only good for like a split with Xpecial other than that his laning phase has been mediocre. Even though I am not the biggest DL fan his laning is pretty good. He did lose to Piglet a couple of times in lane though but that was when Piglet was bodying everyone in lane.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhoeIwLrMI

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
DL is a really good player who would rather be too aggressive than too passive and draws a lot of attention so his fuckups are really noticable. WT is an average player who can't do anything except all-out aggression who sometimes looks good because he has a team that can draw attention away from him or bail him out constantly.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I miss old graves

stump collector
May 28, 2007

henkman posted:

I miss old graves

same here he was the best

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Dignitas Ssumday and Chaser :gonk:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Smol posted:

Dignitas Ssumday and Chaser :gonk:

Kiwikid and Ssumday on the same team is gonna make me lol

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Zerilan posted:

DL is a really good player who would rather be too aggressive than too passive and draws a lot of attention so his fuckups are really noticable. WT is an average player who can't do anything except all-out aggression who sometimes looks good because he has a team that can draw attention away from him or bail him out constantly.

Wasn't the main criticism of him in S5 that if he didn't go off, he'd be super duper passive and just farm lane even as his team was attempting fight at Baron or Dragon?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the big criticism of dl are that he would push too far beyond his line of vision and get caught out farming side waves

also a bunch of made up things, a whole lot of made up things, like he didn't kiss aphromoo enough, or he wrecked links car

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Kiwikid and Ssumday on the same team is gonna make me lol

Kiwi isn't on that team though unless u meant before. I wonder what kind of black magic Kiwi does every split he ends up on a team. I am just ready for Kiwi to replace Aphromoo. Kiwi is such a good guy and he has a sick mustache.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calax posted:

Wasn't the main criticism of him in S5 that if he didn't go off, he'd be super duper passive and just farm lane even as his team was attempting fight at Baron or Dragon?

The main criticisms were about the same as today. He's the sort of guy who will go for insanely high risk/high reward plays as soon as they pop up, which leads to a patchy inconsistency where he looks like a god in one game and then looks like he's sandbagging in the next one. Him getting popped by Crown was a fairly classic sort of Doublelift play: if he manages to burst Crown before Crown has a chance to respond, they get a free(er) Baron and can probably push up two turrets through mid after unmolested; but if Crown manages to burst him, there's no real way left for them to get back into the game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Our goal is to win worlds.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

which is why we picked up Wildturtle

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Apparently Dignitas is interested in LOD. I'm sure he would fit in perfectly with the likes of Ssumday and Chaser. What a time to be alive.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rather have Lod than Apollo but they are both average. I think they both have potential to be a bit better depends on how they develop from now on. Lod is alot younger I think.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So Dig is back after their one-split relegation? Did they just buy someone's slot or what?

e: Honestly I think Turtle's not the worst. If they're just basically subbing him for a split while Dlift finds himself in Tibet or whatever, they don't WANT to have an expensive long term replacement.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

mistaya posted:

So Dig is back after their one-split relegation? Did they just buy someone's slot or what?

e: Honestly I think Turtle's not the worst. If they're just basically subbing him for a split while Dlift finds himself in Tibet or whatever, they don't WANT to have an expensive long term replacement.

They could certainly do worse. Turtle just is Dr Ham no matter the game, and the nice thing he had with IMT was that they'd clobber everyone so fast that they'd be able to just snowball beyond the point of needing to worry. But it's not like he's just gonna go dive in a lake most of the time.

I mean, he's not LEP

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

mistaya posted:

The Philadelphia 76ers purchased both Team Apex and Team Dignitas (yes, all of Dignitas, including their other esports teams), and are using the Dignitas brand on Apex's spot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they're advertising dig in their arena during games now, its pretty wild

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

they're advertising dig in their arena during games now, its pretty wild

I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to convert people who got super into sports stats into e-sports but for more normal people you prolly either grew up interested in them or you didn't.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

My dude, you should have seen the nuclear heat ESPN got for broadcasting the Street Fighter 5 top 8 at like 10 pm on an otherwise empty Sunday.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, like the sad fact of it is that a lot of people who are sports fans are super insecure and obsessed with masculinity and get outrageously mad about video games. they're okay with pro darts and poker tho.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yo darts is the most masculine thing there is. big fat drunk guys are the pinnacle

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i remember reading about some random old fat guy who started doing darts and ended up being a savant, but also i cant remember any further details and may have just been really high idk

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

All-Stars starts in around 3 hours :toot:

3/5ths of NA's team are imports :v:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 8, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

yo darts is the most masculine thing there is. big fat drunk guys are the pinnacle

Pro darts is loving hilarious to watch because it's just played in a huge beer hall with people slamming like triple-pint steins.

Throw in sound proof booths and a big screen and I think you are to something.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Jerkface posted:

god i love this post

mistaya posted:

this is what happened

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

All-Stars starts now~

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

About as many people in the stands of this event as posters in this thread.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It would be cool if it didn't start at 9 AM. Can't Twitch at work, soooo.

eh, i'll just phone stream it i suppose

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 8, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
ALL STARS

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Shouldn't xPeke be playing ADC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
pepinero should have a clause with riot that he can kick any ADC out of their chair if it allows him to play against rekkless

• Locked thread