Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I really like reading old history books their so loving bonkers ; like Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
ugh, some american dipshit on national radio talking about the ~alt right~ :cripes:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

civilizing forces

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hollismason posted:

I really like reading old history books their so loving bonkers ; like Geoffrey of Monmouth.

herodotus is a fun read

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

herodotus is a fun read

The first written documentation on the character of the nefarious Persian.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5agSU35hU

i am going to watch this anime

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pirate Radar posted:

Speaking of history, someone called up the tutoring center this week asking if we could help them review their semester of AP Euro in like 3 hours

Just finished, so here's hoping that all sticks in their head for the test tomorrow

it won't

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

is the dragon moe or tsundere

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

merry exmarx posted:

ugh, some american dipshit on national radio talking about the ~alt right~ :cripes:

for or against?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I'm just happy we got through 1450-1800 in the time we had, even surface-level.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

just stupid. "they're white nationalists... but they wear suits not hoods 😱"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tiler Kiwi posted:

is the dragon moe or tsundere

vaguely yandere

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also tsundere is moe, god

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://twitter.com/APWestRegion/status/806598728631152640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

also tsundere is moe, god

sorry

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

NATO General Exmarx posted:

just stupid. "they're white nationalists... but they wear suits not hoods 😱"

if you say something in a good enough suit, it must be treated with seriousness and respect.

i hate suits.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cool

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this is not necessarily a misplaced critique, but it does ignore that supreme court fuckery is what really allowed states to opt out of medicare expansion. the law as intended when signed would have had a marginally better safety net for the poorest in republican controlled states

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Yeah and then they chose to blame the president for Congress passing a prettied up nineties Republican healthcare law. And again for their own elected officials refusing to do the reasonable thing out of spite

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Obviously the Dems should have proposed full communism now

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

seriously saying that poor people don't vote dem because of <insert policy> is missing a whole lot of poo poo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
how much did clinton campaign on the obstructiveness of the congress? seems like a no-brainer to give examples of stuff that would have given voters material benefits if not for the gop's pettiness.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
not that i have a bead on the american mass consciousness, but i think the sentiment on congressional deadlock is "both sides are at fault" in the same way that clinton and trump were equivalent in financial and legal impropriate

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
there was no need because america is already great, i suppose

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I've been saying for years the Dems need to be more aggressive in pointing out the Republicans being the main obstacle to the government accomplishing anything worthwhile in our lifetimes. Don't ask me why they always wuss out

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

NATO General Exmarx posted:

how much did clinton campaign on the obstructiveness of the congress? seems like a no-brainer to give examples of stuff that would have given voters material benefits if not for the gop's pettiness.

attempting to tie Trump to Congress was a lost cause. his support from party elites was extremely soft all the way up to Nov. 9th.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
after this election i'm just ready to say that i don't understand a large segment of americans and never will

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not that i have a bead on the american mass consciousness, but i think the sentiment on congressional deadlock is "both sides are at fault" in the same way that clinton and trump were equivalent in financial and legal impropriate

It's extremely easy and comforting to think that both sides are just as bad

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

:(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yeah there are supposed to be noise makers to scare them off from the landing

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Serious question: is shrike82 an Arzy parachute account?

Edit: I also love the trashiness of UK tabloids, even when compared to the New York Post, etc.:

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 8, 2016

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
shrike82 has been around making horrible posts on and off for a long time now

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
also that looks fake and i can't find it on the daily mail website, but i did find this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-commoners.html

and found it funny

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the paradigm shift posted:

I've been saying for years the Dems need to be more aggressive in pointing out the Republicans being the main obstacle to the government accomplishing anything worthwhile in our lifetimes.

This is all they ever do op.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

This is all they ever do op.

vb, as a common working man with a presumably blue collar and a predilection for gas station road kill burgers washed down with a mixture of mountain dew code red, malt liquor and codeine, what changes would you suggest to the democrats approach

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stories about the American healthcare system always depress me. Especially because our last 3 Prime Ministers have been slowly sabotaging our UHC in order to work towards a similar system. :(

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
When they announced replacing Obamacare with some plan utilizing hsa I laughed

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've got an idea for a healthcare system where we give everyone vouchers good for two bottles of cough medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i've got an idea for a healthcare system where we give everyone vouchers good for two bottles of cough medicine

The bottles you can get with vouchers need to be smaller than those you can buy, though.

Otherwise you're encouraging lazy people. :911:

• Locked thread