Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The Meme Thread, but all posts are We Are Number One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Senjuro posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that these We are Number One characters are creepy as hell? Even the puppet looks unsettling, like it's was once a real boy and he was turned into a puppet by some curse and he's just constantly screaming inside.

I think If I had watched this show as a child it would really gently caress me up.

I think you'll find people watch it for the high production values and totally not because the main character is a young girl for creeps to creep over.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Senjuro posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that these We are Number One characters are creepy as hell? Even the puppet looks unsettling, like it was once a real boy and he was turned into a puppet by some curse and he's just constantly screaming inside.

I think If I had watched this show as a child it would really gently caress me up.

Most kids shows are actually pretty horrifying in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WW1-N9Q5KA

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Senjuro posted:

Even the puppet looks unsettling, like it was once a real boy and he was fully delitized by some curse and loving it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think you'll find people watch it for the high production values and totally not because the main character is a young girl for creeps to creep over.

Exacerbated by the fact that they changed Stephanie's actress when she got too old. Several times.

That sound you're hearing is a trap being sprung.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Steve Holt! posted:

My favorite thing was that anti-drugs cartoon where the kids were on the craziest drug-fueled trip the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hz1UaEVyoo

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Exacerbated by the fact that they changed Stephanie's actress when she got too old. Several times.

I imagine this but they all have pink hair.

Probably :nws: http://i.imgur.com/279iRLx.jpg

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

thecluckmeme posted:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

biracial bear for uncut posted:

My favorite thing was that anti-drugs cartoon where the kids were on the craziest drug-fueled trip the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hz1UaEVyoo

i absolutely love the fact that one of the "cartoon all stars" is the animated version of ALF

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'm so happy that more people are listening to simpsonwave. all is right with the world.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

theflyingorc posted:

i absolutely love the fact that one of the "cartoon all stars" is the animated version of ALF

ALF was totally a Saturday morning cartoon.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Simpsonwave is a part of us all.
A part of us all
A part of us all
A part of us all

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

beep-beep car is go posted:

And weird, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoKFmyjxVHM

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You want weird? Think about the concept of the movie Bettlejuice being turned into a childrens cartoon.
I really would like to know the thought process behind this whole thing.

There is an episode where Lydia is complaining she is too young to drive and beetlejuice says " you're never too young to do ANYTHING in the Netherworld".

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Steve Holt! posted:

this thing gave me nightmares as a child

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

thecluckmeme posted:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

i'm so happy that more people are listening to simpsonwave. all is right with the world.

Not gonna lie Dont Cry for Me is captivating.

I fell asleep listing to Depression

Part of me knows this meme to be "bad" and that "I should feel bad for liking it," but mostly I am struck with a peculiar fascination.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Johnny Aztec posted:

You want weird? Think about the concept of the movie Bettlejuice being turned into a childrens cartoon.

There is an episode where Lydia is complaining she is too young to drive and beetlejuice says " you're never too young to do ANYTHING in the Netherworld".

Yeah, I used to watch that cartoon growing up with only a vague memory of the actual movie. God, that was a weird show now that I actually know the plot of the movie

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Leg fusing is often much harder on the horse than on the man

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

I saw the cartoon well before I ever saw the movie and had the hardest time dealing with the fact that Beetlejuice was the bad guy of the film (also that his name is apparently "Betelgeuse," according to the credits, because Tim Burton, I guess")

And I want to say bless you to whomever brought S I M P S O N W A V E into this thread.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

beep-beep car is go posted:

i am not objecting to him being a cartoon, but rather that he is an "all star"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Senjuro posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that these We are Number One characters are creepy as hell? Even the puppet looks unsettling, like it was once a real boy and he was turned into a puppet by some curse and he's just constantly screaming inside.

The Official List Of Things That Don't Trigger Goons
1. N/A

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

(also that his name is apparently "Betelgeuse," according to the credits, because Tim Burton, I guess")

I'm pretty sure the star got its name a millennium or two before Tim Burton named a character after it (a character who had to misspell it to get people to pronounce it right).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

theflyingorc posted:

i am not objecting to him being a cartoon, but rather that he is an "all star"

All star isn't that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E&t=36s

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's really weird is that for some reason I somehow remember the cartoon as being on TV prior to seeing the movie.

Weird.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

uh, then maybe post something that demonstrates that all star isn't that great???

biracial bear for uncut posted:

What's really weird is that for some reason I somehow remember the cartoon as being on TV prior to seeing the movie.

Weird.
probably because the cartoon was appropriate for young children but the movie was not

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

uh, then maybe post something that demonstrates that all star isn't that great

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CASSETE TAPE INTO THE SLOT. ITS SMASHMOUTH'S ASTRO LOUNGE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SCREAMING THE LYRICS TO ALL STAR WITH GUY FERENGI, THE LEAD SINGER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN THE SHAPE ON AN L ON MY FOREHEAD WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GREASY POUTINE OR EVEN WHEN ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GREASIEST CARDIOVASCULAR WARD IN MIDDLE AMERICA...I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL JUDGE HOLES IN THE SATELLITE PICTURE. AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO SHOOT STARS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY GETTING MY GAME ON, GOING TO PLAY. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish, pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
Hallelujah, Noel be it heaven or hell
The Christmas we get we deserve

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
We Are Number One But It's Just Individual Letters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG1O8DKwlec

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

theflyingorc posted:

uh, then maybe post something that demonstrates that all star isn't that great???

This is me failing to do that.

https://soundcloud.com/nonplayablerecords/this-shouldnt-work-why-does-it-work

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Stoatbringer posted:

I wish you a hopeful Christmas
I wish you a brave new year
All anguish, pain and sadness
Leave your heart and let your road be clear
They said there'll be snow at Christmas
They said there'll be peace on earth
Hallelujah, Noel be it heaven or hell
The Christmas we get we deserve

:( Guess they're just called Palmer now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

I'm pretty sure the star got its name a millennium or two before Tim Burton named a character after it (a character who had to misspell it to get people to pronounce it right).

Well, sure. I just thought it was odd to have the movie and main character's names sound the same while being spelled differently.

DeusExMachinima posted:

We Are Number One But It's Just Individual Letters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG1O8DKwlec

And god-drat Youtubepoops have evolved. Back in :bahgawd:my day:bahgawd: it was just a bunch of lovely clips mashed together with blown-out sound files. This takes work, takes dedication, takes madness.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

But seriously who is this lady; all google turns up is other people going "lol it's the lazytown kid"

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Natalie Portman from the movie "Closer".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Natalie Portman in the movie Closer. It's really good, you should watch it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Natalie Portman in the movie Closer. It's really good, you should watch it.

It's like heaven.

(Never seen it though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf4Dg2kyV90

• Locked thread