Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

What the gently caress is this guys deal?

He's a hypocritical elitist SC reality bubble moron that can't sleep unless he is touting how awesome he is and how everyone else is stupid. Not quite an E*_Dova, but well on the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Lots of bad pizza opinions in the thread

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Salami and peperoni. Everything else is just insane. You might as well buy fake spaceships

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tippis posted:

Now, I know that it's colloquially called “a rackâ€, but come on, it's not actually load-bearing equipment. :cripes:
Oh well, at least it's nice to see that CIG aren't the only ones not to understand physics or how straps work.

Heh. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Pineapple on pepperoni is the real winner. It's like #winning by slumming.

Seriously, it's good. Call me.
poo poo is tough okay?

I would think the pepperoni would be too greasy though. The ham stuff seems to work because it's dry. I'll maybe give it a shot though for you! :)

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

The Titanic posted:

I would think the pepperoni would be too greasy though. The ham stuff seems to work because it's dry. I'll maybe give it a shot though for you! :)

A couple of places by us do pizza with meatballs. It's :mwah:

Unrelated but you should give Alpha Protocol another try. Dump everything into pistols and sneaking, and you'll eventually be able to stroll around casually snapping people's necks while they all cry about not being able to see you.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Palisader posted:

A couple of places by us do pizza with meatballs. It's :mwah:

Unrelated but you should give Alpha Protocol another try. Dump everything into pistols and sneaking, and you'll eventually be able to stroll around casually snapping people's necks while they all cry about not being able to see you.

I had it on CD back when games came on CDs. I don't think I have it anymore, but I'll see if I can pick it up for cheap somewhere and maybe give it another shot. The mini games were not very conducive for me, I felt like a seizure was coming on during some of them. :)

Meatball pizza is pretty good! I've had it before. Place here still does it too so it's all good. Though like pepperoni it can be a bit greasy. I prefer non greasy pizzas mostly but it's all up in the air. I don't think pizza has health value in any form. :)

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Mr.PayDay posted:

More like almost 140 Million :boom:

Great username/post combo.
:thumbsup:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YESNObZJTgQ

Seems like everything Star Citizen isn't.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's sort of funny how every time Star Citizen puts something new out it just makes me appreciate Elite that much more haha

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
None pizza with left beef, you cretins.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
guy who has been releasing off-line 2.6 footage has been getting death threats :thumbsup: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5h4clx/meta_about_the_26_evocati_test_and_the_subreddit/daxog8q/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/pu3Rwe4.mp4

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Now, I know that it's colloquially called “a rack”, but come on, it's not actually load-bearing equipment. :cripes:
Oh well, at least it's nice to see that CIG aren't the only ones not to understand physics or how straps work.
That armband is going to fall off as soon as the relaxes that arm. Unless it's just a scrunchie with tassels.

Skellybones posted:

THEORETICALLY, interracial dating isn't a bad thing, but
What I find telling is that this exact sentence structure transcends generations, genders, religions and nationalities. I swear to god whenever I hear that "but" coming I wish I could slap the person in the mouth because you know that regardless of the subject what's going to follow is going to make you think less of them and what's worse is that they know it too, hence the disclaimer. Reactionaries are made of the same poo poo across time and space.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Er_Dova has put me on ignore at least twice now, and that's not counting all of the copycat accounts I followed him around with that one week.

He keeps putting me on his ignore list but somehow keeps responding when I poke him with my goonstick. I never get tired of watching him lose his poo poo at the slightest provocation. He does need to come up with a new gimmick though, he keeps recycling his responses and insults. I think we should help him with some new ones.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

no_recall posted:

…other than out now for the platform advertised (that particular qualification is necessary to make them the same). But Q2 '17 seems a lot more reasonable than 2014 15 16 17 18 19?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is the same company that thinks the best way to describe their community is "On the Spectrum".

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

This is the correct answer. Pepperoni, pineapple and shrimp is boss.

When it come to pizza, less is more. Cherry tomatoes, mozarella, garlic, fresh basil. Good quality ingredients, wood oven cooked.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Laopooh posted:

I know it's rude to judge by appearance but these two look like grade A douchebags. Is Forrest the guy mentioned in that one letter by a leaver as the guy 'stomping around in his dad's boots'?

PS someone post 2creatives.jpg

Yeah in his initial appearance he was a chubby geeky looking feller who looked like someone not invited to parties.
Rumor is he's been servicing Sandi and has transformed himself with losing weight, getting a modern haircut and two sleeve tattoos.

The other guy just has issues. The hair plugs and his sketchy mustache makes him look worse than he would otherwise. As in otherwise look normal.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

no_recall posted:

I don't think "Star Citizen" is impossible to make. Any person that has served as a bridge between costumers and programmers or done both sides of the work can tell you that you can't just take what the customer asks for at face value and do it literally because the costumer doesn't know what he wants. The costumer doesn't know the full range of options at your disposal, or the different ways to tackle a problem. A lot of the times he can't even express what the purpose of what he is asking for is because he didn't think it all the way through. You have to know how things are coded and your limits and you have to know how his business works and what are his needs so that you can interpret what he's saying to you into things that will actually be useful to him otherwise you end up with a bloated feature creeped mess that is a nightmare to maintain and that he never uses.

What the whales really want could be done, gradually. Frontier is not that far from achieving it if they started focusing on adding an FPS component to their game and could even improve it with player faction controlled regions of space one day. Gradually, as they have been doing, building up on a solid foundation. I have zero doubt Braben could do an extremely fun game along those lines if given the level of funding Chris got.

The problem isn't that the interesting/sane parts of "Star Citizen" can't be made, it's that it can't be made by these people. They have gone about it the worst way possible since day one and failed at every single thing since they have attempted ever since, except unscrupulously fleecing sad nerds of their money.

This song is the perfect summation of the entire Star Citizen project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5e0z1_uwHY

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

What the whales really want could be done, gradually. Frontier is not that far from achieving it if they started focusing on adding an FPS component to their game and could even improve it with player faction controlled regions of space one day. Gradually, as they have been doing, building up on a solid foundation. I have zero doubt Braben could do an extremely fun game along those lines if given the level of funding Chris got.

Someone over at FDev forums made a year-by-year comparison of what CIG had collected since the kickstarter, and FDev's revenue over the same period. Turns out, they're pretty similar, except FDev is run like a normal public company that developed two products, released one of them (the other was released soon after the last statement) and then continued to support it with expansions, whereas CIG is built like a tax dodge and has consistently failed to get either of its two products into any semblance of a releasable state.

So while it's still a bit questionable whether Braben could have done what Chris couldn't — we'll have to wait until further expansions come along to see if that one is true or not — the opposite is perhaps both a more interesting and a more easily answered question: why can't Chris do what Braben did?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Titanic posted:

I don't think pizza has health value in any form. :)

Pizza has all the essential food groups in one self contained serving. (When you do it right and get it loaded with veggies and meats)

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

no_recall posted:

I wish Elite was 10% as fun as that video makes the game look.

Ironically Elite is the boring carebear hugbox trucking simulator that the SC spergs are demanding SC to be, but they refuse to play Elite.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Titanic posted:

It's bread and other ingredients. It can be perfectly reasonable if you either split it between people or make a personal thing of say 4-6 oz of dough. What gets people in trouble quickly with pizza is how easy it is to overeat. You shouldn't eat 8+ oz of dough for one meal, just like you shouldn't eat half a loaf of bread for a sandwich.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Someone over at FDev forums made a year-by-year comparison of what CIG had collected since the kickstarter, and FDev's revenue over the same period. Turns out, they're pretty similar, except FDev is run like a normal public company that developed two products, released one of them (the other was released soon after the last statement) and then continued to support it with expansions, whereas CIG is built like a tax dodge and has consistently failed to get either of its two products into any semblance of a releasable state.

So while it's still a bit questionable whether Braben could have done what Chris couldn't — we'll have to wait until further expansions come along to see if that one is true or not — the opposite is perhaps both a more interesting and a more easily answered question: why can't Chris do what Braben did?

Well whether it's possible or not it will certainly be easier for Elite to try to incorporate FPS - especially given you can already leave your ship and travel in buggies - than it will be for CIG to do... everything. After all this time they have nothing to build on, because Chris is a hack who made a ton of promises he has no idea how to go about fulfilling.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

The Titanic posted:

Thats because your corner store pizzeria selling two large pie for 10 bucks is using the worst quality of cheese with a horrible protein/fat ratio, meat with the lowest % of protein possible authorized by law while still being called ''meat'' and adding lots of sugar in the sauce as volume filler.

A good pizza is no worse than a ham,tomato and cheese sandwich. Do it on anything other than white bread and dont go overboard with the mayo and its perfectly fine.

Eldragon posted:

I wish Elite was 10% as fun as that video makes the game look.

Ironically Elite is the boring carebear hugbox trucking simulator that the SC spergs are demanding SC to be, but they refuse to play Elite.

I will take that ''less than 10 %'' and run with it compared to the ''fun'' the SC streamers are having running around in a fps while using spaceships as transport anyday.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Dec 8, 2016

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Tippis posted:

Because he doesn't have the hammer of needing to sell an actual stable working product to stay afloat hanging over his head. FD are motivated to do that because they'd be crucified if people paid for their product and found it to be bugged to poo poo. Braben got burned by that before (Frontier: First Encounters), which arguably lead to the death of Elite as a franchise for well over a decade.

All the CRobbler needs to do is put out a series of bugged isolated modules and claim "progress" and the whales will throw cash at him. It doesn't matter if it suffers from horrible bugs and inept game design because ~~pre-pre-alpha~~. As a result, project tasks are never actually "completed" because the features never reach a state that could be considered to be "production ready". There's no urgency and the whole thing just drifts along aimlessly while CRobbler plays movie director in mocapland.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

The problem isn't that the interesting/sane parts of "Star Citizen" can't be made, it's that it can't be made by these people. They have gone about it the worst way possible since day one and failed at every single thing since they have attempted ever since, except unscrupulously fleecing sad nerds of their money.

There are a handful of early decisions that I think CIG did better than FDev, but over the last few years CIG consistently hosed up. Either through scope creep, overpromising, or lack of focus.

The early promise of "We're going to do a combat arena, then turn that into a single system, then slowly start adding systems", Seemed like a good plan for making a focused space combat game. But now its 2016, CIG has not shown any SQ42 gameplay, nor shown any capital scale ships, and has not even managed to expand the game past dogfighting. Instead they talk about prodecural planets and an FPS game mode outside of the core universe.

CIG totally fuckedup what was a reasonable goal and have lost all focus on actually making a space game.

The rumor is that CIG is hiring rookies right out of college to get the game done. What he doesn't realize is that 5 rookies contributes less than 1 veteran programmer; and rookies generally cause more damage than solve problems.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Raskolnikov posted:

Pineapple on pepperoni is the real winner. It's like #winning by slumming.

A good opinion

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

ahmini posted:

Because he doesn't have the hammer of needing to sell an actual stable working product to stay afloat hanging over his head. FD are motivated to do that because they'd be crucified if people paid for their product and found it to be bugged to poo poo. Braben got burned by that before (Frontier: First Encounters), which arguably lead to the death of Elite as a franchise for well over a decade.

All the CRobbler needs to do is put out a series of bugged isolated modules and claim "progress" and the whales will throw cash at him. It doesn't matter if it suffers from horrible bugs and inept game design because ~~pre-pre-alpha~~. As a result, project tasks are never actually "completed" because the features never reach a state that could be considered to be "production ready". There's no urgency and the whole thing just drifts along aimlessly while CRobbler plays movie director in mocapland.

Indeed. People often call SC a 140M$ disaster while it is, in fact, only a 60-70m$ disaster, the Crobblers hollywood dreams having engulfed nearly half the budget for mocap with nothing to show for it after 4 years. Money is frungible and move around so it would be difficult to ascertain the real cost of SQ42lude when it release but from leaks and sources nearly half the budget was blown on mocap alone, something with very little use to SC.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Eldragon posted:

There are a handful of early decisions that I think CIG did better than FDev, but over the last few years CIG consistently hosed up. Either through scope creep, overpromising, or lack of focus.

The early promise of "We're going to do a combat arena, then turn that into a single system, then slowly start adding systems", Seemed like a good plan for making a focused space combat game. But now its 2016, CIG has not shown any SQ42 gameplay, nor shown any capital scale ships, and has not even managed to expand the game past dogfighting. Instead they talk about prodecural planets and an FPS game mode outside of the core universe.

CIG totally fuckedup what was a reasonable goal and have lost all focus on actually making a space game.

The rumor is that CIG is hiring rookies right out of college to get the game done. What he doesn't realize is that 5 rookies contributes less than 1 veteran programmer; and rookies generally cause more damage than solve problems.

But that was not the early promise. The early promise was to develop everything in tandem and release it all at once. This was the excuse of why it would take longer to release something, but that something would have way more in it. This adding systems and such come after it became clear CIG was not making progress and could only work on a single thing at a time.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Yea the "Star Citizen difference" was that they were gonna make the whole game then release while "Elite was only gonna be a quarter game expanded over time".

Now SC is doing that and its now the "correct" way to do it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

Yea the "Star Citizen difference" was that they were gonna make the whole game then release while "Elite was only gonna be a quarter game expanded over time".

Now SC is doing that and its now the "correct" way to do it.

…except then Elite does it — then it's the wrong way. :D

Also, FDev is a nasty evil publisher-type company, gouging its customers with episodic DLC and cosmetic microtransactions, which makes them horrible compared to CIG, who are delivering the best in universe expansion through episodic DLC and non-cosmetic macrotransactions.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 8, 2016

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Samizdata posted:

SO stolen! Because, stealing catchphrases? THAT'S MONEY!

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter "Monetizing Catchphrases: Tricks the Experts Don't Want You to Know"

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tippis posted:

…except then Elite does it — then it's the wrong way. :D

Same with procedural generation lol. It was bad and for lower game devs now its king poo poo breakthrough R n D.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

no_recall posted:

E:D is what Star Citizn't

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWqCew1g-A

lovely crowdfunded closed development obvious hacks Warhorse Studios continue to show "progress" on their "game" that is currently in an "alpha state" where all of the intended games features are "implemented". Notable pieces of information include a dramatic three and a half hours of motion capture for a single player narrative game (it took them a whole month), numerous examples of where ambitious features had to be cut for the interest of gameplay, and artists being tasked with the alien concept of "optimization".

Clearly a scam.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWqCew1g-A

lovely crowdfunded closed development obvious hacks Warhorse Studios continue to show "progress" on their "game" that is currently in an "alpha state" where all of the intended games features are "implemented". Notable pieces of information include a dramatic three and a half hours of motion capture for a single player narrative game (it took them a whole month), numerous examples of where ambitious features had to be cut for the interest of gameplay, and artists being tasked with the alien concept of "optimization".

Clearly a scam.

Forget Remember the Morrow Tour

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
loving console garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted: