Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Except for the fact I still have fun watching the non Cavs and Warriors play.

This is one of the best years in a long time for watching individual performances. So many good players in the league now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like Butler, Zingis, KAT, Westbrook, Ant, DMC, Gianni's, Wall, The Process etc etc.

Sure they aren't winning a ring anytime soon, but it's still entertaining to watch them work.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
that's gotta be really demoralizing for the clippers to get run out of the building despite curry and durant having pedestrian outings

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Like Butler, Zingis, KAT, Westbrook, Ant, DMC, Gianni's, Wall, The Process etc etc.

Sure they aren't winning a ring anytime soon, but it's still entertaining to watch them work.

Yeah plus all it takes is an injury to change everything

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This isn't the NFL where every game has huge implications and this isn't MLB which is interminable. Just watch the NBA and enjoy the dunks and shakes and blocks and Russell Westbrook doing literally everything and Joel Embiid completing The Process, etc, etc.

I can understand the attitude if you're the fan of another sports league but the NBA is by far the most fun and the one I want to fast forward the least.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dexo posted:

It's gonna be so cool when they join gsw

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

The NBA makes me giggle like nothing else. I love it.

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Every time Doc Rivers downplay the Clippers Warriors rivalry, the Clippers come out completely flat. The man needs to embrace that poo poo and push his team right

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

Rockets one win away from #3. gently caress Defense.

An approach that really isn't working out for Portland.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Only two teams matter and it's boring watching them slaughter inferior teams. Let them play a best of 55-game series and everyone else can play in the consolation bracket.

Why not just fast forward to the final possession of the final game of the Finals? Or to the day after, when you can check the box score to see who won?

leftist heap posted:

Eh, they just won in Chicago and were very competitive against a good Bucks team tonight. They're fine.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
If you had told me beforehand, "The Warriors will shoot 23% from 3-point range and KD goes 5-for-17", I would have put some money on a double digit loss. So the game last night was a nice surprise. Also, what I enjoy the most about this season's team is the passing. So much crisp passing. It's beautiful. Nearly as beautiful as this:

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 8, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Congrats to the Warriors for finally getting a Good Win.

leftist heap posted:

The Rockets like to pretend to be Threes or Superstar but they actually create a lot of easy offense (the best thing about D'Antoni). So if they aren't gonna play very hard on D, at least in the regular season, it's not gonna be a huge deal. The Blazers score well, but they have to work so hard for those points. Their margin for error is too low to not play defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Niwrad posted:

Can we just skip to the Finals already?

Niwrad posted:

Only two teams matter and it's boring watching them slaughter inferior teams. Let them play a best of 55-game series and everyone else can play in the consolation bracket.

Yeah True, just like last year. Except last year those two teams were the Warriors and Spurs, a series that never happened after the Spurs got knocked out round 2, OKC came to within a coin-flip series sending GSW home early, and the Cavaliers won the Finals.

We had an awesome playoffs last year that no one predicted because everyone thought it was decided. Lessons learned for this year? Apparently none.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

If this was Kobe he'd already have stayed in the gym all night perfecting the flip.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/806519774972887041

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Blazers - Bucks: Jabari Parker is so much fun to watch. I loved that one dunk where he bulldozed coast to coast Barkley style.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Celtics fans, what can the Raptors expect from Sully once he's back?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Just remember that they were 22-22 last year before finishing the season with 30 wins

nah I definitely remember. At the time I posted something like "this is a bad team overperforming" because they looked like utter trash in their wins. This team looks like they might potentially deserve that .500 record.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

If this was Kobe he'd already have stayed in the gym all night perfecting the flip.

MJ would have bought a water bottle company to practice in secret

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hasn't he been super out of shape for most of his career?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

A guy who lumbers up and down the court for 16 min a night

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zogo posted:

I haven't seen Deng play much this year. He's not even shooting that much. 8 FGAs per game: 28% from 3P range, 37% from 2P range. :vince: I suppose the generic answer would be to say "Thibodeau cooked him alive!" or something.

Signed 4-yr/$72M deal on Thursday, July 7, 2016.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Paul Zuvella posted:

Signed 4-yr/$72M deal on Thursday, July 7, 2016.

Whoa. Was LA under the cap floor or something? I feel a bit better about the Noah contract.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hahahaha

8 rebounds a game and a ton of chucked three pointers that will go in < 30% of the time

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Boosh! posted:

Whoa. Was LA under the cap floor or something? I feel a bit better about the Noah contract.

The difference is that Deng was still good last year. Noah sucked last year and still got paid.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope he never comes back. He's the type of guy I bet Casey gravitates to and will take minutes away from big Paul and tall Bebe. The leagues best players.

edit: I dont know why I love calling Pascal Big Paul.

BWV fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 8, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Niwrad posted:

:qq:

I (usually) enjoy watching my team and a handful of other non-contenders play, so no.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Fat slow post scorer who can shoot a little and rebound like nobody's business.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dokmo posted:

Fat slow post scorer who can shoot a little and rebound like nobody's business.

His career true shooting is under .500, saying he can "shoot a little" is the nicest possible way you could ever put it so I wouldn't get their hopes up like this. The rebounding is good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Cool dunks by a high schooler: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNvnQNQjC6-/

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I want to see some Bob Bobroczky dunks

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I want a Shawn Kemp paternity test ASAP.

I mean, not a bad idea to do for all children born in the US within a certain timespan.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

There's no way Sullinger will be good because he is a player my dad wanted on the Raps and outside of Cousins my dad only likes useless bigs who grab 8 boards, foul out, and "pack the paint down low."

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/#!?CF=MIN*GE*100&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

There are only two powerful lineups in basketball - the warriors 'death lineup'...and the toronto raptors bench + kyle lowry

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

http://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/#!?CF=MIN*GE*100&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

There are only two powerful lineups in basketball - the warriors 'death lineup'...and the toronto raptors bench + kyle lowry

Portland starters are #3, further proving that Evan Turner is loving terrible.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Jack's Flow posted:

Blazers - Bucks: Jabari Parker is so much fun to watch. I loved that one dunk where he bulldozed coast to coast Barkley style.

Fans call him something lame like JaBarkley. He just needs to figure out how act to draw more fouls because right now the refs give him nothing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Tales of Woe posted:

All hail Lowry and the Bench.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Niwrad posted:

Someone post the gif from Airplane where everyone is lined up to slap the hysterical woman

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/robgilkestv/status/806863051622256641

NBA is undefeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings blew out the Mavs last night
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/806857114450886656

• Locked thread