Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I think it was more common in 16 but yeah that just happened to me a few days ago. Fouled out, benched, subbed back in for maybe 30 seconds until a timeout. I thought maybe multiple people got hurt but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Anyone know if the new patch affected MyPark Gameplay? I felt like they got the balance to be pretty good in the last patch.

I just don't want to hop on to find that my SharpShooter is useless. Take away his speed and handles, sure. BUT LET HIM RAIN PAIN LIKE I BUILT HIM TOO

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ID129 posted:

I need one more Amethyst to complete the Big Man Collection and get a Diamond Patrick Ewing. I don't have the time to grind out MT and prices will rise. Anyone know of any legit MT sellers for PS4?

http://www.nbamt2coins.com/nba-2k16-ps4/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Anyone tried the moments wall challenge. Seems like a major pain in the rear end. Also the new Drummond card looks absolutely ridiculous. My ultimate goal is to get the best Mutombo card and Isaiah Thomas card and then build a team around that. Isaiah will be cheap soon enough but when will the Mutombo Ruby card drop? He's historic and the historic packs alternate or something?

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
The AI in this game is loving stupid.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Seltzer posted:

Anyone tried the moments wall challenge. Seems like a major pain in the rear end. Also the new Drummond card looks absolutely ridiculous. My ultimate goal is to get the best Mutombo card and Isaiah Thomas card and then build a team around that. Isaiah will be cheap soon enough but when will the Mutombo Ruby card drop? He's historic and the historic packs alternate or something?

Yea I do enjoy trying the challenges but man they either got to let you try on pro or turn fatigue down some. Its hard as gently caress scoring 50 with one guy especially with the adapt engine

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

2k has the biggest amount of quitters I've seen in a sports game. Down 10 in the 2nd? gently caress it just leave no way you can come back, especially against a detailed gameplan of "run and dunk"

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Guys is there a beginners guide or complete dummies guide anywhere to basketball, so I can understand and play this game?

I really enjoy NBA, but being from the UK I haven't a clue what I'm doing or what's going on. :(

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

WMain00 posted:

Guys is there a beginners guide or complete dummies guide anywhere to basketball, so I can understand and play this game?

I really enjoy NBA, but being from the UK I haven't a clue what I'm doing or what's going on. :(

Since you watch basketball I assume you know the basics right? I was gonna suggest just looking up a beginners guide to basketball on youtube if you didn't watch. I'm sure there are a lot of simple 2k starter guides on youtube that could help you out. The game has some complexity but you don't need to know that much to pick up and play. THe biggest thing that you need to do though is instantly set your camera to the 2k camera. The standard camera is trash.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
A note to anyone who might be gearing up to create a new player: If you make a guard, and want a good dunk package, make sure to make them taller than 6'5". I just made a 6'3" LDD SG that I was hoping to have as a Dunk and D guy, but because I opted for speed over height, my driving dunk maxes out at 69 :smug:, making me unable to ever add the MJ or Clyde Drexler dunk packages.

Also, the fit bit boosts are awesome considering I use my fitbit app (for free) on my phone, and live in NYC, so I'm walking everywhere always.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Looking for like-minded players who play a Team Game first rather ran hero ball in MyPark.

I run a Athletic Finisher PF 6"10, who can rebound and defend centers, then explode for sick dunks or high/low post play also can pass.

I also run a Sharp Shooter PG 6"3, good shooter passer and dribbler. (Sometimes can slash like a slasher) I prefer to catch and shoot so I like passing the ball and getting it back

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Which console?

I've finally got my SS PG's stats and badges to a point where I can do some damage in the park so I might start playing more of that. On Xbox.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea id be down to join a goon mypark team. I play a defensive center though so i may not be compatible :/

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Yea id be down to join a goon mypark team. I play a defensive center though so i may not be compatible :/

Defensive centers are great with two shooters. You'll still get boards and rim protect, and then screens and PnR are deadly.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anticipating a Moments challenge (Cousins) and getting a player on the cheap, then flipping them for triple after completing said challenge owns like a motherfucker

Hopefully I can do the same with Isaiah Thomas

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

I play on PS4. Defensive Centers are so underrated in MyPark, they can shut down the offense of the other team completely

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jeeze, the first weekly challenge this week involves coming back from a 24 point deficit in 12 minutes against the Heat. It's on Pro, but still, that's a pain in the rear end for a 400 point challenge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Finally completed my first mycareer year. Was a weird one, played the Thunder somehow in the finals and was kinda sad how bad westbrook is in-game.

Stephen Curry is on the Mavericks???

When did they replace Webber with Doris Burke?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Tae posted:

Finally completed my first mycareer year. Was a weird one, played the Thunder somehow in the finals and was kinda sad how bad westbrook is in-game.

Stephen Curry is on the Mavericks???

When did they replace Webber with Doris Burke?

Seth Curry (Steph's brother) is on the Mavs. He's not quite as good as his brother.

The announcer crew rotates, I guess depending on how big the game is. You get Burke, Webber, or one of the Barry brothers as the color guy.

I ended up getting drafted by the Nuggets, which makes having my buddy Denver on the team even more interesting.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BCRock posted:

Seth Curry (Steph's brother) is on the Mavs. He's not quite as good as his brother.

The announcer crew rotates, I guess depending on how big the game is. You get Burke, Webber, or one of the Barry brothers as the color guy.

no, actual stephen curry is on the mavs for my year 2. My celtics for some reason said "gently caress bigs" and literally only has al horford over 6'9, dumping Tyler Zeller, Olynyk and Amir Johnson. Beasley is my starting PF.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Oh, heh. That's amusing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really hope 2k18 has a Nintendo Switch version. If I could play MyLeague mode on the go, I might never need another portable game.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
IM pretty sure the Moments challenge for 36 rebounds is not possible. The historic knicks play way too slow and pass up every open shot until the clock is under 5 seconds

edit: ha just found a way to cheese it nvm

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 25, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

For the first time im doing the mycareer stuff and its pretty fun. Cant believe ive missed out all this time.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
they need to standardize badge requirements or have someone go back in time and kill john stockton because the very idea of getting the HOF Dimer badge for a playmaker/point forward can go gently caress itself

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dreylad posted:

they need to standardize badge requirements or have someone go back in time and kill john stockton because the very idea of getting the HOF Dimer badge for a playmaker/point forward can go gently caress itself

What's wrong with it? I got it like a few weeks before the playoffs in my first year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty sure i got that without trying myself

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You need like 1000 assists, it's no ankle breaker though

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Myteam needs better ways to get coins other than gimmicky challenges. I need to buy Jimmy Butler for an inflated price and then score 52 points with him? That's some bull poo poo. I get that there has to be a challenge but that's a boring grind. Fifa rewards you for actually playing the game online pretty generously. The only "good" rewards in myteam are boring CPU challenges like domination and moment/weekly challenges. My Team Online pays out nothing. Woo, I got a pack full of contracts for winning the Gold league with one loss on my record... I don't get why so much of my team online seems offline centric. Online should be the focus but myteam online gives you next to nothing for playing MTO and the servers are trash. Fifa ultimate team has made multiplayer the main attraction and it works. The servers aren't great but they are miles better than 2ks. The weekend league in Fifa (another good feature they've introduced this years) pays out something like the equivalent of a my team box and 15k coins each week if you're decent (and a whole lot more if you're good). I wish that 2k could handle the gameplay for both games, fifa could handle everything else in game, and a 3rd party could handle servers + customer support.

My last gripe/question is what actually factors into dunking/successful dunking? I have moments Rose and he throws down a bunch of dunks with 35 driving dunk and 30 contact dunk. How does that make sense? There's apparently no way to tell if a player can dunk when looking at their stats. It's not like he misses a lot with that low stat either, he throws it down like it was an 80 stat.

Also when does MTO get hard. I've gotten into Emerald right now and it's a cakewalk and I suck at this game.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 5, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Play blacktop, I think that's the mode everyone plays. MyTeam is extremely online oriented, there's barely anything to the single player aspect

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Play blacktop, I think that's the mode everyone plays. MyTeam is extremely online oriented, there's barely anything to the single player aspect

I want to get coins from playing my team online, the actual basketball mode, not the boring slot machine 3 v 3 gimmick mode with no fouls. When I said offline oriented I meant that that is the direction you have to go to get any good rewards/coins without spending money on packs.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You can end up getting good cards from blacktop, which you then sell.

E: play through domination and historic domination but be ready to rage

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

You can end up getting good cards from blacktop, which you then sell.

E: play through domination and historic domination but be ready to rage

I just said how I disliked Blacktop and playing vs the CPU.Plus you have to win 30 games to even get to historic domination. That's ridiculous.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If any of you are doing card collecting for myteam via my weird love of Connie Hawkins from nba street vol2 I discovered the Suns are by far the easiest collection to complete. Got every card at 600 mt and under

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The one that gets you Shane battier is nice too, I forget which team that is.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Grizz and I'll probably check them out next. Kind of have my eye on that Orlando Hill though :buddy:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

You need like 1000 assists, it's no ankle breaker though

1200, and you can do it and anklebreaker at the same time but dear god it's a slog. Although I thought it was an additional 1200 assists after getting bronze. It's not, thankfully.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Won the NBA title on MyPlayer in my second season. It's pretty underwhelming. One cutscene of the team celebrating with the trophy on the floor (not even including Justice for some reason), one cutscene with Justice in the locker room that lasts about 30 seconds and then just dumped straight back into the calendar for the new season with no other details at all. No interview with the media TV guy, no phone call with your old coach or whatever, NO DENVER. Seems strange to set all these backstories up and then just forget about them at what is essentially the end of the game. Last years Spike Lee story was abysmal melodrama trash filled with incredibly annoying characters, but at least it tied everything up at the end.

Also at the end of the game Kevin Harlan was all "And they win the series and will move on!" rather than, uh, talking about a team just winning the championship?

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 27, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

So Amethyst Yao Ming is going to be about 20k in myteam. Guess I'm done for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got Yao Ming.... He dropped to like 10k. Naturally I put a ton of badges on him and run him with moments Porzingis. I just won the Sapphire league and got a +9 acceleration +9 speed with ball +9 steal diamond shoe. I guess I'm gonna get that ridiculous Amethyst Harden card and turn him into a Pink Diamond. 2k Should think about lowering the requirements for getting shoes, winning every game is stressful. Also they should think about not releasing Yao Ming cards in the future. The card is so overpowered it's hilarious.

e- Or just maybe don't release 100,000 of him onto the market by giving him a super high pull rate + guaranteed in boxes. If he cost like 50k it would be less of a problem.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 31, 2017

• Locked thread