Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ps the Cleveland Browns are the FF8 of football teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You see the Patriots offense is like Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance because they're big and powerful and should be running this country.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ostentatious posted:

Mystic quest?

Whats the Daikatana of teams?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

got any sevens posted:

Whats the Daikatana of teams?

The Dream team Eagles.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ostentatious posted:

thats impossible because ff8 is good.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Oakland Raiders are the equivalent of a Solid Snake/Raiden fanfiction because they're always coming from behind

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I talk to birds on my college campus and give them cheetos (if I have any)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Speaking of the Browns, that Joe Thomas article ESPN wrote is depressing as gently caress.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...tw&sf45448105=1

Joe Thomas article posted:

On Sunday nights, Thomas goes home, lies down with his wife and three kids and watches the late football games. He is happy that his children are all under the age of 4 and don't know whether he's won or lost. They kiss his wounds and take his mind off of the sacks and the scoreboard and the large bags of ice wrapped around his knees.

"I hope that someday the kids will think what he did for a living was pretty cool," Annie says in an email. "But for right now they just think he wears a funny helmet and tights."

Maybe someday, they'll know why Thomas did this, why he kept pushing that boulder up even though it kept crashing down on him.

"I'm hired to do a job," he says. "They expect me to do a job, and that job requires me to get my butt up and get back to the huddle, get the play and go do it another time. And until I can't physically get up, I'm going to do that.

"Until they pull me out of the game and say, 'You're not doing it well enough,' I'm going to just keep getting up."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This happened exactly three years ago :grin:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Speaking of the Browns, that Joe Thomas article ESPN wrote is depressing as gently caress.

jesus christ

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

NickRoweFillea posted:

Contract the Browns

Nov 6, 2002

The biggest crime this season is that the Joe Thomas wasn't traded.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS CHIEFS

If I left work right now I could get a pork butt done before the game.

or I could leave work later and just smoke a chicken

or i could just stay at work all day and eat whatever my wife cooks tonight

(i hope it's enchiladas)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

The Dream team Eagles.

Vince Young is about to make you his bitch.

Seahawks are the Call of Duty franchise: some people knew they existed well before they were ever good; now has a bigass bandwagon and is constantly in the media.

Steelers are League of Legends, in that both of their fanbases are basically cancer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

Ff15 is the best :swoon:

I saw it described as "hot guys drive around going on adventures" so it's basically Supernatural the game I guess

NickRoweFillea posted:

Need to edit that into that "what's the saddest thing?" achewood comic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I saw it described as "hot guys drive around going on adventures" so it's basically Supernatural the game I guess

The only bit of Supernatural I've seen is the clip where they find out about the spooky supernatural fanfiction about them loving. (They're brothers).

Intruder posted:

Need to edit that into that "what's the saddest thing?" achewood comic

and then Johnny Manziel never studied and just did blow and ugly prostitutes until even Jerry Jones didn't want to party with the guy anymore.

The end, no moral.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wish I had time to play video games :negative: Got 24-ish hours of flying in a couple weeks, gonna play all of the 3DS games I've been ignoring in the last year or two.

Are there no night games Week 17 this year? Has that been a thing forever?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The biggest crime of every season since 2007 is that the Joe Thomas wasn't traded.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Vince Young is about to make you his bitch.

Seahawks are the Call of Duty franchise: some people knew they existed well before they were ever good; now has a bigass bandwagon and is constantly in the media.

Steelers are League of Legends, in that both of their fanbases are basically cancer.

Call of duty was better when it was just scripted WWII campaign sequences wherein you fuckin' murdered bot krauts for hours while jacking off an M1 magazine to completion *CHING*. Reload, soldier.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Pretty sure they wait to see what game to flex into the night spot.

Chilichimp posted:

Call of duty was better when it was just scripted WWII campaign sequences wherein you fuckin' murdered bot krauts for hours while jacking off an M1 magazine to completion *CHING*. Reload, soldier.

Eh, I liked MW3, but after that, nah bro. Series basically turned into that parody video from Bulletstorm (which is an awesome game that nobody played :()

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 8, 2016

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

C-Euro posted:

Wish I had time to play video games :negative: Got 24-ish hours of flying in a couple weeks, gonna play all of the 3DS games I've been ignoring in the last year or two.

SNF will flex one in. Normally the networks can protect one game from being flexed, but that rule does not apply to week 17. SNF can choose whichever game which historically has been a game where the winner makes the playoffs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Pretty sure they wait to see what game to flex into the night spot.

Eh, I liked MW3, but after that, nah bro. Series basically turned into that parody video from Bulletstorm (which is an awesome game that nobody played :()

After that?

I was talking about like... Call of Duty 2 and before, wtf is this after Modern Warfare 3 poo poo?

I'm talking about a game that barely even tried to get multiplayer out there, because at the time, Half-Life Day of Defeat was the penultimate WWII PVP shooter experience and you played that poo poo with a mouse and keyboard.

For the record. You heathens that started playing shooters with Halo on the X-box can suck my red vs blue nuts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

marioinblack posted:

SNF will flex one in. Normally the networks can protect one game from being flexed, but that rule does not apply to week 17. SNF can choose whichever game which historically has been a game where the winner makes the playoffs.

They also try and move in a game that has implications for everyone else, to reduce the number of teams that know their fate.

I'd give high odds to Giants - Washington or Broncos - Raiders being the flexed game because of that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

They also try and move in a game that has implications for everyone else, to reduce the number of teams that know their fate.

I'd give high odds to Giants - Washington or Broncos - Raiders being the flexed game because of that.

Those or Green Bay - Detroit, depending on how that division plays out the next couple weeks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

After that?

I was talking about like... Call of Duty 2 and before, wtf is this after Modern Warfare 3 poo poo?

I'm talking about a game that barely even tried to get multiplayer out there, because at the time, Half-Life Day of Defeat was the penultimate WWII PVP shooter experience and you played that poo poo with a mouse and keyboard.

For the record. You heathens that started playing shooters with Halo on the X-box can suck my red vs blue nuts.

Bah, I meant the first MW, which was the fourth installment, not third...that series' numbering is hosed up.

M+K for life.

poo poo yeah DoD. I was in one of the top US clans for about a year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No Butt Stuff posted:

Those or Green Bay - Detroit, depending on how that division plays out the next couple weeks.

Yeah this is why I ask, my playoff nightmare is for this game to get flexed to SNF with the division on the line and Detroit blowing it on national TV.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

Bah, I meant the first MW, which was the fourth installment, not third...that series' numbering is hosed up.

M+K for life.

poo poo yeah DoD. I was in one of the top US clans for about a year.

AVALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCHE!

Except instead of snow... hehe... it was fuckin' potato mashers and MG-42 rounds.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

C-Euro posted:

Yeah this is why I ask, my playoff nightmare is for this game to get flexed to SNF with the division on the line and Detroit blowing it on national TV.

There's a very, very low chance this happens.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

blue squares posted:

I talk to birds on my college campus and give them cheetos (if I have any)

This is acceptable if you live in England

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Patriots are the Overwatch of football because they're very good and the likely existence of fetish art dedicated to Tom Brady X Bill Belichick

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

The Patriots are the Overwatch of football because they're very good and the likely existence of fetish art dedicated to Tom Brady X Bill Belichick

Also, the fans are insufferable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't really have much to say except I really hate Trump's America: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...itten-on-walls/

quote:

Nikita Whitlock called for an end to “oppression, violence, racism, hatred” the day after vandals scrawled racist messages on the walls of his Bergen County, N.J., apartment during a break-in.

Whitlock, a 25-year-old running back for the New York Giants, found “KKK,” “Go back to Africa,” “f—— n—–” and a swastika were left behind in his basement apartment while he, his wife and two young children were out Tuesday evening.

Nov 6, 2002

Who has the worst QB situation headed into the off season?

Texans, 49ers, Browns or Jets?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Good Will Hrunting posted:

There's a very, very low chance this happens.

Because Detroit is going to blow it sooner or...

It's Detroit, the only time I will actually believe that they won't blow it is after the game.

Texans because their garbage QB has a big ol' salary that means that they can't look anywhere else without wasting tons of money. Jets are in second for roughly the same reason. Browns just have a bunch of cheap old broken dudes and guys who have started like, one game in their career.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jets. There's a theoretical possibility RG3 is the answer if he gets lucky and avoids an injury for a year (of course, what will actually happen is he'll be just good enough to bump them down in the draft while making them think they don't need to use their 1st on a franchise QB, then break next preseason). There is zero possibility anyone on the Jets' roster is the answer.

Nov 6, 2002

I dunno. Maybe having a clean slate like the Jets do is better than having huge resources invested in a giant mistake like the Texans do.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DC Murderverse posted:

Because Detroit is going to blow it sooner or...

The Packers are a below average team playing an above average team in Seattle and a Vikings team that gives them fits. It's very possible they lose both.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I dunno. Maybe having a clean slate like the Jets do is better than having huge resources invested in a giant mistake like the Texans do.

I think they have more cap space than the Jets anyway though, even after you cut Revis.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Skins are the Resident Evil 5 of teams because they're both mediocre and racially insensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ostentatious posted:

I think you meant FF7

• Locked thread