Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

It's really stupid that this guy lost is position over what is possibly the tamest photo alluding to oral sex ever.

It's tragic that some woman through society & actions of criminals feel threatened by any display of male heterosexuality.

it's unfortunate that society is still so prudish when it comes to talking about sex.

And it's retarded. This thread that is. After this discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer
Can we go back to talking about the Keg being poo poo or pipelines or selling weapons to the Saudis or something?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Or maybe even Electoral uhh uhh ehh uhh Reform.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I liked this one

quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sought to assure Canadians on Wednesday that despite “a lot of questions” about Liberal cash-for-access fundraisers that are generating hundreds of thousands of dollars, the governing party is not doing anything unethical or acting above the law.

“I know, Mr. Speaker, that there are a lot of questions about these issues,” Mr. Trudeau said. “But that is why it makes me happy to reassure Canadians that we indeed have among the strongest political financing rules in the country, which means that Canadians have confidence in the transparency, openness, rigour and accountability of our system, which this party has always followed and always will follow.”

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...s-tell-tribunal

quote:

The case against Beth Richardson, the police officer accused of discreditable conduct for rescuing a kitten from a woman on a drug binge, began as an allegation of theft and has fast wound down into a matter of paperwork and police protocols.

Richardson, a constable with Durham Regional Police east of Toronto, was summoned to appear before a disciplinary tribunal Wednesday — a move that riled animal protection advocates. A dozen or so protesters showed up outside the nondescript office complex in Whitby, where the tribunal was held, with a 14-year-old dog named Stanley and placards that read “Compassion is not a crime,” and “The job is to protect and that’s what she tried to do.”

quote:

This case centres on Tia, though — a thin, fetid kitten who Richardson found cowering beneath a table while responding to a 9-1-1 at an Oshawa, Ont., home in January. Richardson was part of a team called there to check on a woman, who had reportedly been using drugs for several days.

Markson said Richardson didn’t ask for the pet owner’s consent before taking the cat because the woman was high on crystal meth and “out of control.”

“Having a conversation with somebody who’s high on crystal meth isn’t a conversation,” the defence lawyer said. “That person can’t understand or comprehend anything.”

imho Richardson should be punished because it's WRONG to steal from drug users. STOPP treating junkies like animals!!!! i mean, if we can't have any empathy for druggies, how are we supposed to save all these people from the ravages of FENTANYL use

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

namaste faggots posted:

imho Richardson should be punished because it's WRONG to steal from drug users. STOPP treating junkies like animals!!!! i mean, if we can't have any empathy for druggies, how are we supposed to save all these people from the ravages of FENTANYL use

You know, if we just legalized fentanyl like weed will be any hour now, and gave the Beer Store a monopoly on it by mandating all beer they sold had to contain fentanyl, that might solve all of these problems within a week.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I finally understand what the gently caress is going on with "Innovators": the people who made the survey are fans of anime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXFAwinbFs

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It's actually been a good week for cops and petty theft

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/woman-files-complaint-against-whistler-rcmp-over-cellphone-seizure-1.3882355

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Lassitude posted:

I got it from the radio interview linked where the doctor describes how some JWs are told that transfusions will give them AIDS, and/or that if they get blood from a gay person they themselves will be made gay.

Yeah, that bit got my attention. :psyduck: As a teenager I thought it was a bit odd that my Jehovah's Witless friends were prepared to go to the wall on the transfusion issue while munching down on oysters and ignoring the prohibition on shellfish two verses away from the one forbidding the eating of blood. There's no rationality down this rabbit hole, just mushroom induced hallucinations and mercury poisoned hatters.

Statistically, gay males are fitter, better educated, wealthier, and more sexually active than a hetero lump such as myself (and probably better looking too). Maybe Peter Thiel is onto something with his blood transfusions.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

I finally understand what the gently caress is going on with "Innovators": the people who made the survey are fans of anime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXFAwinbFs

I'm pretty embarrassed that gundam 00 is the first thing I thought of when I heard that word being thrown around.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

Man what kind of non-issue story is this? Did they take the cat and then kill it or something?

Just give the cat back once they are fit to pick it up

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Rachel Notley has been touring B.C. trying to persuade us that more tankers are A Good Thing. Highlights:

- Tankers are highly regulated. Much more regulated than any other ship traffic.
- Double hulls make it virtually impossible for them to leak.

Not sure who's feeding her these lines of stupid but jfc son. Who are we to believe, the head of a landlocked junior petrostate, or a PhD in Marine Architecture who's build several VLCCs?

Whoever it is needs to do some reading on flags of convenience, classification societies, and the ownership structure of modern tankers then get back to us with their Titanic proposals. Maybe a little reading on accident analysis and oil spills from "virtually impossible to leak" tankers. In the meantime, have a tanker engine room fire blocking the Houston Shipping Channel two days ago.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Considering that she's never gonna get the rural or Fort Mac vote I don't know why she bothers.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Haha

https://twitter.com/acoyne/status/806895574855270400

:qq:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The liberals war on history continues

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Wait they're taking Borden and King off the money? Who's replacing them?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Trudeau, Mulroney, and Campbell

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

vyelkin posted:

Not sure what Coyne's gibbering about, they're putting Viola Desmond on the $10.

e: oh they're changing the $5 too, whoopty poo poo

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 8, 2016

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

vyelkin posted:

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/2016/12/viola-desmond-chosen-as-bank-note-able-woman/

quote:

Since Viola Desmond will be featured on the $10 note and another iconic Canadian will be featured on the future $5 note, Canada’s first Prime Minister, Sir John A. Macdonald, and our first francophone Prime Minister, Sir Wilfrid Laurier, will be honoured on our higher-value bank notes. This change will take place when the higher-value notes are redesigned for the next series.These changes mean that former prime ministers William Lyon Mackenzie King and Sir Robert Borden will no longer be portrayed on bank notes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I want PET to be featured on a bill so all Wildrose-types can have fatal aneurysms all at once.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Take humans off our money and instead put bridges and architecture or something.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
King was a wackjob spiritualist who regularly held seances with paid psychic mediums and believed he was communicating with everyone from his dead mother to Leonardo da Vinci. His spiritualism also lead him to conclude that Hitler was a great man acting out of love for his country:

quote:

Developments abroad, from the Ethiopian crisis to the Munich crisis, forced King to pay more attention to international affairs, and he hoped war could be averted through appeasement. Like many other leaders of the time, King was impressed by Hitler when the two met in Berlin, Germany on 29 June 1937, writing in his diary that Hitler “is really one who truly loves his fellow man” (see King’s diary, 29 June 1937). Although they discussed many topics, King did not bring up the Nazi party’s anti-Jewish policies during the meeting. There was widespread discrimination against Jews even in Canada, and the country’s immigration policy at the time was influenced by anti-Semitic views (see Anti-Semitism).

In addition to being a wackjob he generally advocated minimal government responses to the Great Depression, though thankfully the Liberal government was kind of dragged into providing things like social insurance and housing during and after the war since the entire western world was going in that direction and the population, which had endured all that fighting, was never going to accept a complete return to the pre-war tendency for government to ignore the unemployed and poor.

The man has no business on our money. Hopefully they get rid of John A. "let's create apartheid for the orientals in BC" Macdonald.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Baronjutter posted:

Take humans off our money and instead put bridges and architecture or something.

We could have such notable Canadian structures as: Parliament, an inukshuk, and, uh...

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A picture of some burnout concrete foundations in a former Fort Mac 'suburb' with the words 'Lest We Forget' emblazoned, heh, underneath.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baronjutter posted:

Put bridges on the money but don't use any money for those bridges.

Helsing posted:

King was a wackjob spiritualist who regularly held seances with paid psychic mediums and believed he was communicating with everyone from his dead mother to Leonardo da Vinci.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PT6A posted:

We could have such notable Canadian structures as: Parliament, an inukshuk, and, uh...

The Victims of Communism Monument

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Let's do architecture like the Nipigon River bridge or Algo Centre Mall. A heritage moment.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

PT6A posted:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

PT6A posted:

Canadarms, helpfully already on our money.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Put the CN Tower on the money, just to piss off the entire rest of the country.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
itt, canadian journalist prince laments disrespect to canada's honorable and grand leaders to which the entire world remits their gratitude

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Replace all the portraits with big ugly McMansions so Canadians never forget what they're toiling and fighting for

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

flakeloaf posted:

The Victims of Communism Monument

http://tributetoliberty.ca/content/giving-opportunies

I'm glad that there are people would donate $200+ to get a brick in their name on a useless monument than give to charity.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

OSI bean dip posted:

I'm glad that there are people would donate $200+ to get a brick in their name on a useless monument than give to charity.

Giving things to people in need is communism.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

:stare:

Million Dollar Homepage, Part 2

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PT6A posted:

The CN Tower
The ROM with its big spiky addition
The University of Toronto
The walls of Quebec City
Montreal's skyline with Mount Royal in the background
Confederation Bridge so the Maritimes feel involved
And so that the West also feels included, we'll have one that's this image:

with this photoshopped over it:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So who's going to suggest the Victims of Capitalism monument undersigned by the middle class?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

So who's going to suggest the Victims of Capitalism monument undersigned by the middle class?

Every McMansion with a "for sale" sign in front is a monument to the victims of capitalism.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
The cn tower on our money u guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

vyelkin posted:

The CN Tower
The ROM with its big spiky addition
The University of Toronto
The walls of Quebec City
Montreal's skyline with Mount Royal in the background
Confederation Bridge so the Maritimes feel involved
And so that the West also feels included, we'll have one that's this image:

with this photoshopped over it:

I was going to suggest the Peace Bridge for Calgary's contribution, because it even better encapsulates Calgary's stupidity: we built a bridge with nothing on one side, had it designed by a foreign architect, manufactured improperly and then repaired at additional expense, and it's costing us a huge amount in maintenance because the architect didn't realize it gets very cold here, and the lights were not selected accordingly. Oh, and all the vandalism-related repairs of course. At least the Giant Blue Ring is just a Giant Blue Ring, and it already gets all the scorn it deserves.