Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I just got my book and a heads up, the second printing is a significally smaller book than the first printing. Im sure the page count is the same though, cant open it until 25th

Surely if this wasn't advertised when you ordered the second printing of the book, or indicated that the product is subject to change, you can kick up a fuss about it?

If you've paid full price for the HQ book everyone else did and they send you a crappy small book, you should look into getting some dosh back or sending it back and telling them to balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah, how could the second printing possibly be a substantially different form factor from the original without making that very clear at the point of sale? Are there any comparison pictures?

Honestly my only issue with the original is they went a bit overboard with the coloring on the pages, to the point where it can be drat hard to read the tiny print at times. Otherwise it's a beautiful chunk of paper.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I snuck in my moms room and put my hands around it and it isnt really that bad, still bigger than my monster hands.

Im 24 btw

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
im 26 and i bought myself the book and statue so instead of it being a fun surprise come the holidays i just wasted a lot of my own money

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's probably slightly cheaper paper because it sounds like a giant book and those are expensive as hell to do in large runs. In practice it's probably not a big change in quality, but even a little change in paper density can be a noticeable change in the thickness of a dense book.

I mean unless it was a color hardcover before and a B&W softcover or something now, but I highly doubt that's the case.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey did you know they put the dimensions right on the box?

The secomd printing is 12 by 8

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey did you know they put the dimensions right on the box?

The secomd printing is 12 by 8

Product Size: A4 (8.27” × 11.69”)

From the store page. Was it always those dimensions on the page?

Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.
My first print copy is A4.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
"Badjali weapons" got me.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

:perfect:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The sophia, nidhogg, and sephirot. :allears:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Oh my GOD.

And that's describing my casual rear end, too :lol:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

two of the squad got our jobs tonight!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So I actually found a learning party and cleared Sophia EX. I know it's hardly anything to talk about after it's been out for so long, but I'm pretty pumped. Only Nidhogg, Thordan, and Sephirot remain. I was pretty nervous about joining the party. They only had tank spots open and PLD is my alt class. Way less experience and I'm already like...I dunno, barely a competent player. They were super patient with me though and we toughed it out. It took a few tries. Tank swaps are not as easy as they look, I respect you tanks way more now. I ended up being dragged across the finish line because I am a bad, but I busted my rear end and we cleared, so I'm calling it a victory.

We spent the first few minutes in the PF talking about why the DGKK tag now reads ISLAM. Felt like a dick saying "Dude I don't fuckin know, man." They offered me a spot in their FC, but I ain't no turncoat!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please never stop doing this.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

SonicRulez posted:

So I actually found a learning party and cleared Sophia EX.
We spent the first few minutes in the PF talking about why the DGKK tag now reads ISLAM. Felt like a dick saying "Dude I don't fuckin know, man." They offered me a spot in their FC, but I ain't no turncoat!

Congrats!! It's a fun fight, though I can't imagine tanking it. Did you at least tempered will through one of the slides? :v:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Tanking Sophia is so much fun I don't run it on other jobs even though I then can't need roll other weapons. I love the tank dance with leading her around the platform, positioning properly for knockbacks, tank swapping, and getting to be lazy during Sin stacking. And yes, stupid Tempered Will Paladin tricks.

It's super visible when you gently caress it up but it's so engaging it's a huge change of pace from tanking a lot of other content.

I keep meaning to do it but I think this weekend I may try to coordinate a Sophex learning/clear party; I know there are several DGKK folks who haven't cleared yet and want to.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tortolia posted:

Tanking Sophia is so much fun I don't run it on other jobs even though I then can't need roll other weapons. I love the tank dance with leading her around the platform, positioning properly for knockbacks, tank swapping, and getting to be lazy during Sin stacking. And yes, stupid Tempered Will Paladin tricks.

It's super visible when you gently caress it up but it's so engaging it's a huge change of pace from tanking a lot of other content.

I keep meaning to do it but I think this weekend I may try to coordinate a Sophex learning/clear party; I know there are several DGKK folks who haven't cleared yet and want to.

I haven't played this game in like 2 weeks because work sucked but I'll be on this weekend I think and I'm in for this if there''ll be any space left. Still need my birb

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

:bisonyes:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Tortolia posted:

I didn't Tempered Will cause I am a bad. I also didn't want to get accustomed to that in the event it was con cd when the head popped. Then I'd be hosed. It did happen occasionally though because of...I think Adlo crit? I've never played a healer really. 100% down to join that clear party. My main job is NIN, so I'd like to try that out. The swap was tough because either my stance dance sucked or I couldn't get the other tank to stop pulling hate back.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

So I actually found a learning party and cleared Sophia EX. I know it's hardly anything to talk about after it's been out for so long, but I'm pretty pumped. Only Nidhogg, Thordan, and Sephirot remain. I was pretty nervous about joining the party. They only had tank spots open and PLD is my alt class. Way less experience and I'm already like...I dunno, barely a competent player. They were super patient with me though and we toughed it out. It took a few tries. Tank swaps are not as easy as they look, I respect you tanks way more now. I ended up being dragged across the finish line because I am a bad, but I busted my rear end and we cleared, so I'm calling it a victory.

COME ON AND JAM

AND WELCOME TO ISLAM

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Can I just say, as a filthy casual, even though your edits rarely apply to myself they're still a treasure.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Can I just say, as a filthy casual, even though your edits rarely apply to myself they're still a treasure.

Uh, the majority of my edits are making fun of lovely casuals that refuse to DPS as a healer!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just say it's short for The Lords of Slam or something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I Slam, you Slam, we all Slam in this Jam.

Chaos Dunk Ahooooooooooy~

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Man, if you did the 2.0 relic stuff, I have a huge amount of respect for you. Most of these steps are stupid bullshit. Like offensively so. Why oh why would the Anima books ask you to do some dungeons/FATEs/Leves multiple times?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not so bad once you're past the books now, and the books themselves are nerfed too. The FATEs required spawn a lot more often too and you can unsync almost all of the required dungeons. I think maybe only Lost City is unsoloable at 60?

Once you're past the hump, it's mostly just a bunch of gil and Tam Tara speedruns.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Man, if you did the 2.0 relic stuff, I have a huge amount of respect for you. Most of these steps are stupid bullshit. Like offensively so. Why oh why would the Anima books ask you to do some dungeons/FATEs/Leves multiple times?

Must keep content relevant :v:

For real, a big back end reason for how the relic quests are structured is to keep high level people doing low level content to keep things running smoothly for new players.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I get that. It was just pretty frustrating to turn in a book that asked for Amdapor only to get a new book that asked me to go back. And unfortunately I am a bad, so soloing some of these FATEs and dungeons has been difficult. Brayflox HM's last boss kicked my rear end several times. And waiting for FATEs to pop is only particularly lame because you can't do anything else in the time. You just gotta idle.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Does someone have an archive of these amazing comics? They make my day.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

lokipunk posted:

Does someone have an archive of these amazing comics? They make my day.

Here's the Twitter account

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SonicRulez posted:

I get that. It was just pretty frustrating to turn in a book that asked for Amdapor only to get a new book that asked me to go back. And unfortunately I am a bad, so soloing some of these FATEs and dungeons has been difficult. Brayflox HM's last boss kicked my rear end several times. And waiting for FATEs to pop is only particularly lame because you can't do anything else in the time. You just gotta idle.

Before they increased how often the fates spawned, I once waited two hours for just one of them. At the moment the worst fate is this one in Upper La Noscea that gives you less than a minute to reach the fate area before it fails itself, fortunately that one spawns quite often though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SonicRulez posted:

At the time when the book step was added there were only 8 level 50 dungeons I am pretty sure so some had to repeat.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Eopia posted:

Before they increased how often the fates spawned, I once waited two hours for just one of them. At the moment the worst fate is this one in Upper La Noscea that gives you less than a minute to reach the fate area before it fails itself, fortunately that one spawns quite often though.

I hate to say it but it really doesn't seem like the fate times have been increased that much. Recently I was on my first book and I had to wait a few hours on two of the three fates.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Thank you so much!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I hate to say it but it really doesn't seem like the fate times have been increased that much. Recently I was on my first book and I had to wait a few hours on two of the three fates.

It used to be worse. Trust us. TRUST US.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

As noted, it used to be much worse. I've done a the tomes both before and after the changes and it was absolutely soul crushing before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's a small trick you can use to increase the likelihood your FATE pops up: there's a fixed number of FATES that can be active at once in each region so if you help complete the others, the next to pop could be yours.

• Locked thread