Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If anything, FXV takes place in a future version of earth because they live in a world where they can buy classic Final Fantasy soundtracks

And because there are Cup Noodles and Coleman camping equipment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It's a fantasy based on reality.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What came first, the game setting or the product placement?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i wish this game had a greater female presence because girls are cool, but game owns

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i thought it sounded weird because in 6's finale all magic dies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i wish this game had a greater female presence because girls are cool, but game owns

i respect the decision to make this a boy game since it feels right in context of a roadtrip, and especially since they just wrapped up a 3 game series centered around female relationships

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that said, i do wish Iris would come along as a Rise equivalent

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dark Weasel posted:

It's a fantasy based on reality.

Fairly certain FFXV is Nowpunk... not as hard Nowpunk as, say, GTA- a lighter, more whimsical take on Nowpunk.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i'm installing the XIV demo right now (yeah i played the XV demo and it owns but im waiting until it's on sale)

e: mods please change my name to hard Nowpunk

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 7, 2016

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The FFXV demo is almost nothing like the actual game at all btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Japanese one is though, and you can set up a JP psn account for free.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

And because there are Cup Noodles and Coleman camping equipment
Good brands transcend multiple realities, but maintain the same standards for excellence in each.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I may have asked this before, but is Ebony really that good?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
oh man this game

is there a spoiler thread anywhere except Games?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Altissia is a lot smaller than the map led me to believe :/ still, it's really beautiful, like a giant mix of Rivendell and Venice

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Lol did anyone else hear they're supposed to do an update to add more story and fix the very linear and dull chapter 13

Thats kind of cool and sort of wack

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I probably won't get the season pass aids because I'm playing the Japanese version in a us psn account. Shouganai...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The unbidden feels when you have the radio on random and Aerith's Theme comes on. :gonk:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RPGSite/status/805632570117369859/

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

zen death robot posted:

This sounds pretty awesome

thats sick

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

zen death robot posted:

This sounds pretty awesome

Oh my god!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The ending handful of chapters, 13 in particular, is noticeably weaker than everything before (and the postgame) but still tolerable enough that I don't know why people on Games, NeoGAF, Reddit etc. are demanding mass layoffs and stuff over it. Then again, I don't know why Games, NeoGAF, Reddit etc. hate Nintendo, or why they like Bioware, or why they hold any of the insanely bad general opinions that they hold, really.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Defending the honor of FFVIII

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The ending handful of chapters, 13 in particular, is noticeably weaker than everything before (and the postgame) but still tolerable enough that I don't know why people on Games, NeoGAF, Reddit etc. are demanding mass layoffs and stuff over it. Then again, I don't know why Games, NeoGAF, Reddit etc. hate Nintendo, or why they like Bioware, or why they hold any of the insanely bad general opinions that they hold, really.

They hate the Japanese

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
They made fishing really fun in this. I kinda blew it off for the first 20 hours, but after work today I'm going on a fishing tour and maybe trying to snag the liege of the lake.

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

They made fishing really fun in this. I kinda blew it off for the first 20 hours, but after work today I'm going on a fishing tour and maybe trying to snag the liege of the lake.

Good luck; don't forget to change the line.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I'm going to do this after I get the Ascension upgrades for it

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Wait is there a 3rd rod/reel kickin around? I just got the one at the vesper pool. Maybe my fishing is not strong enough yet.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i don't know that anyone deserves to lose their job over it but i think it's super hosed that the digital marketplace lets you pretend to release a finished product at full price and then announce a week later that everyone who got the game early is now paying for the privilege of beta testing.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Liege is brutal, what a slog trying that. You can get another reel from later in the game and you can get the rod from finishing all the old fishing guy's sidequests.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Paper Triangle posted:

i don't know that anyone deserves to lose their job over it but i think it's super hosed that the digital marketplace lets you pretend to release a finished product at full price and then announce a week later that everyone who got the game early is now paying for the privilege of beta testing.

I like the game a ton but I'm definitely irritated at being punished for getting it day one and not technically having all the story til its patched.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i like the game so far as a whole, with the sad exception of the combat which is sort of the most important thing to me. i might be more generous if i was enjoying the combat (only at the end of chapter 2, around level 20) but i'm already trying to craigslist it and seriously rethinking all new-release game purchases going forward. also because i'm deeply stupid i saved up and bought this game while on unemployment which just adds insult to injury.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Yeah they said they're doing that but also making a new game plus mode so you'd have a reason to replay and keep your stuff I guess

I'm looking forward to what they have in store. The post game as it is sounds already pretty vibrant

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

The ending of the game is sad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

i like the game so far as a whole, with the sad exception of the combat which is sort of the most important thing to me. i might be more generous if i was enjoying the combat (only at the end of chapter 2, around level 20) but i'm already trying to craigslist it and seriously rethinking all new-release game purchases going forward. also because i'm deeply stupid i saved up and bought this game while on unemployment which just adds insult to injury.

I think the combat is really cool, bit especially against the smaller numbers of enemies because you can focus on the proper timing for dodge and atack.

Doing the campfire training really helps for getting a feel for what is safe and what isn't.

My only tip if you are having troubles is that you should always be moving or holding a button down at all times. Always be holding square to defend against attacks or sudden parries and be using warpstrikes as long as you have the mp to spare. The games designed for you to be all over the place.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good job, Prompto.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

I'm looking forward to what they have in store. The post game as it is sounds already pretty vibrant

Yeah it's fun, you get to fight some very, very large monsters.

Also the airship in this game owns bones.

No big spoilers here, but just in case.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm really strong and I'm chapter 3. I have the ultima sword already lmfao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think the reward feels in this game are spot on. It seems like everything in the game either levels up, upgrades or unlocks organically. It's very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I'm kinda rushing the story now so I can start over and build up my team with some sort of plan rather than spending points on whatever I can afford at the time.

I feel like cid's weapon quests bugged for me. I'm pretty sure I have the mats I need but Cid just gives me canned responses.