Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

prefect posted:

Why do I have three Juggernauts and no Marauders? What is wrong with my thinking? I just found a red-black crystal, so I need to create a new character with one red-black and one black-red. :mad:

I used one of my 65 boosts to boost a marauder, now I can't decide which to play, the Jugg or Marauder. Jugg slam is awesome but the alacrity buff on Marauder is pretty awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Re: Kotet as DS: ::: A lot of things seemed to make more sense if you murk Senya and Koth, like how Koth is just off loving with your ship, for starters. It's weird. But way more satisfying to never deal with Koth and MY SHIP business ever again.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Uh. Imperial Agent chapter 2: Am I supposed to understand anything about how I just got mind-controlled? Like, there were no visible devices, no apparent interval of hypnosis or whatever, he just said a few generic words and suddenly a person he just met is under total control? Is that how that works? Did I miss something?

I mean I picked "that's impossible" and said something about how this technology doesn't exist, but I didn't even see any technology.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Strudel Man posted:

Uh. Imperial Agent chapter 2: Am I supposed to understand anything about how I just got mind-controlled? Like, there were no visible devices, no apparent interval of hypnosis or whatever, he just said a few generic words and suddenly a person he just met is under total control? Is that how that works? Did I miss something?

I mean I picked "that's impossible" and said something about how this technology doesn't exist, but I didn't even see any technology.

It will be explained to you, and I think they do a pretty good job of it, even linking it to other missions you've done.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

prefect posted:

It will be explained to you, and I think they do a pretty good job of it, even linking it to other missions you've done.
Okay. I mean I guess I figured they'd have to do something more of an explanation when it's inevitably eventually broken, but it sure was skimmed over right there at the beginning...thought I might have accidentally skipped past a line or something.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Strudel Man posted:

Okay. I mean I guess I figured they'd have to do something more of an explanation when it's inevitably eventually broken, but it sure was skimmed over right there at the beginning...thought I might have accidentally skipped past a line or something.

Nope, it's supposed to feel like it came out of nowhere. You haven't missed anything.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah you can join him but it'll never be brought up again or lead anywhere.

You get one brief and forgettable throwaway mission on Hoth from another hand of jaedus, and a line about him having to work from the shadows for a while and will be radio silent so keep doing what you're doing as chapter 3 goes down. If I'm remembering right, it's been a while.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

prefect posted:

Nope, it's supposed to feel like it came out of nowhere. You haven't missed anything.

Yeah it was very well done, left me feeling legitimately pissed and ready to murder those involved.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bilirubin posted:

Yeah it was very well done, left me feeling legitimately pissed and ready to murder those involved.

No kidding. It caused me to give in to the dark side. :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Haven't played in awhile but now that the new expansion is out I have a single important question. Does Elara Dorne come back in any fashion? I need my fix of prim and proper British Space Medic.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trast posted:

Haven't played in awhile but now that the new expansion is out I have a single important question. Does Elara Dorne come back in any fashion? I need my fix of prim and proper British Space Medic.

No old companions return in the expansion. :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Trast posted:

She's baby-crazy.

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Wow applying to guilds in this game is pretty crap.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

goattrails posted:

Wow applying to guilds in this game is pretty crap.

I don't see there being hardly any guilds that require applications these days, unless it's a truly elite one, and I think most of those are dead since 4.0

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
Well I tried whispering some guy in goon squad but after i replied who I was, there was radio silence.

I guess I'll try again later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

goattrails posted:

Well I tried whispering some guy in goon squad but after i replied who I was, there was radio silence.

We don't have too many people on Republic side. Your best bet is to hop on Discord and ask for an invite there.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

prefect posted:

No old companions return in the expansion. :(

No sale. :smith:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

goattrails posted:

Sometimes people don't know how to do it. I confess it took me a few minutes to remember the command when I got my first request.

/ginvite playername for the record.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Trast posted:

No sale. :smith:

Counterpoint: the animation for tracer miss.....

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Bilirubin posted:

Sometimes people don't know how to do it. I confess it took me a few minutes to remember the command when I got my first request.

/ginvite playername for the record.

There's also not knowing that you might have the permission to do it. I didn't know I could until I tried it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

There's also not knowing that you might have the permission to do it. I didn't know I could until I tried it.

Everyone can invite on both sides, we changed it when they upped the member limit to 1,000.

On a side note, I've only had two Uprisings pop for me. Done and Dusted is simple, 10 minutes worth of work. Crimson Fang...who the hell thought this was a doable thing with 4 DPS? The first boss is MEGA damage even if you properly dodge his shots, and the two droid bosses are seriously impossible if you don't have a healer. The only time I've gotten past them was when I was in a tank, healer, 2 DPS "tactical" group, and the healer STILL had to run over the healing stations to keep the tank up.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Everyone can invite on both sides, we changed it when they upped the member limit to 1,000.

On a side note, I've only had two Uprisings pop for me. Done and Dusted is simple, 10 minutes worth of work. Crimson Fang...who the hell thought this was a doable thing with 4 DPS? The first boss is MEGA damage even if you properly dodge his shots, and the two droid bosses are seriously impossible if you don't have a healer. The only time I've gotten past them was when I was in a tank, healer, 2 DPS "tactical" group, and the healer STILL had to run over the healing stations to keep the tank up.

I had the same problem with the last boss pair in Inferno. 4 DPS couldn't keep up and - I don't know if this part was design or a bug but - the kolto stations did not appear again once used. So, if we used them all and died, the next time around we had to try without any kolto stations.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 8, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Crimson Fang is the one where the guy poops weird mercs on you and he does huge blasts, right?

I got that one first. I was soured on "Uprisings" immediately.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

I've done all of them at least once and those droids in Crimson Fang are by far the hardest. I've healed it like 4 times and it was only easy when there were two healers. I just did one with me and 3 DPS and it was stupidly difficult. I assume they're gonna do something about that because it's completely different from any other bosses damage. The first boss does pretty good damage too but it's not quite as stressful. Definitely would be annoying with no healer though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

I've done all of them at least once and those droids in Crimson Fang are by far the hardest. I've healed it like 4 times and it was only easy when there were two healers. I just did one with me and 3 DPS and it was stupidly difficult. I assume they're gonna do something about that because it's completely different from any other bosses damage. The first boss does pretty good damage too but it's not quite as stressful. Definitely would be annoying with no healer though.

From what I read, the logical strategy of "only attack the droid with the shield" is actually not the proper strategy to use if you're doing it with 4 DPS - supposedly it's best to split the DPS and have them stay on their own droids and try to swap aggro as best they can - supposedly the damage is doable then, though the fight takes significantly longer. =/

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The first one I did was Dune and Dusted and it wasn't too bad, hanging around trying to get the beastmaster achievement though was tedious because the rng hated me. Dulfy has some guides on the things, at least.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Tattooine Uprising is buggy, Crack Shot Whoever kept evading and resetting at 25% health. Repeatedly. Four times. :yeah:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Man, the opportunities to be an ethical Imperial on Taris are rather limited. It's a light side choice to try to get people to run away before you help destroy their planet for ??reasons??.

Exploration mission from a guy who wants to lace medical recovery tanks with rakghoul plague...

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 8, 2016

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Strudel Man posted:

Man, the opportunities to be an ethical Imperial on Taris are rather limited. It's a light side choice to try to get people to run away before you help destroy their planet for ??reasons??.

Exploration mission from a guy who wants to lace medical recovery tanks with rakghoul plague...

Even if you are light side, you are still part of the evil faction. Or at least the bad guys.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Even if you are light side, you are still part of the evil faction. Or at least the bad guys.
Sure, but up to then there'd actually been a surprisingly large amount of options to be decent about it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Strudel Man posted:

Bomb through the story on Taris. Some planets are just like that.

Dunno-Lars posted:

The Empire brings order and stability, barring Sith nonsense.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yeah, from the very start the Intelligence quest line seems to boil down to "loving sith!!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I love how Keeper's opinion of you has no relation to your Light/Dark side poo poo and goes purely on your actions. The Agent storyline is fantastic and none of the others match up after playing it.

Jadus did nothing wrong.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It would have worked better in another game where you don't have companions following you around on all your sensitive deep cover shenanigans.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I hated Kaliyo for that reason. Jadus throttling her for getting mouthy and doing the badass rebel thing in front of him will never not be funny to me.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Well, hell. I did a server transfer so I'd have the option of joining up with the goon guild...but doing so lost my outfit, so now instead of a carefully-maintained and proper uniform I look like a colorblind idiot clown.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
I tried to kill myself again 6 hours ago. Tried and failed, disappointingly. I walked down to my local railroad and waited for 3 hours for a train to pass. Eventually one did. Trains are scary as gently caress, especially trying to stand in front of one. Just the sheer size of them, and that horn they blow when they're in urban areas. I wanted to walk into that train and accept my fate, but I chickened out. Oh well, if I ever want to kill myself again I know I can just play this game or read the forums until my rage reaches breaking point again. And I'll get my chance again, afterall this is only the second time this game has driven me to attempt suicide.

I left a suicide note on my computer directly blaming Bioware and EA for taking away the very last thing in this world that makes me happy. I also mentioned my childhood rape that has now made it impossible for me to be in a loving relationship with anyone, and the end of my medical career from depression caused by the suicide of of my friends and the sudden onset of epileptic seizures. Despite all that, I found happiness again when this game launched. I found happiness again in the original Tracer Missile animation. Hilarious isn't it? Well my feelings don't follow the world view of others.

But who cares right? My life and happiness aren't important. No, it's FAR more important to make sure stupid forum assholes don't mistake firing a rocket with making GBS threads themselves.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
What's all this "tracer" stuff about, anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

What's all this "tracer" stuff about, anyway?

Bounty Hunters have 2 missile animations: A simple one where they hold out their arm and fire a wrist rocket, and one where they crouch and the missile charges up a bit and fires off their back.

Tracer missile used to be the latter. But players didn't like that animation, and tracer missile was used kind of frequently so they kept asking it to be changed. It now uses the wrist animation and some other skill that's not used as often (and might be AC restricted?) uses the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
So it's not the overwatch character doing a cameo? Pity.

• Locked thread