Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Coked out Raiders fans vs fat Chiefs fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, I disagree cowboys fan Chirurgeon, Final Fantasy X is NOT the best one.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

I have a rough truth for you: The best Final Fantasy was the first one you beat

I beat 2 (4) before 3(6) was released and 3(6) was better, gosh.

It doesn't matter though JRPGs peaked in '95 with Chrono Trigger and like the Cowboys it was mostly downhill from there.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I like the one where you play dress up and give mini-game massages.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

No, I disagree cowboys fan Chirurgeon, Final Fantasy X is NOT the best one.

sorry, you're wrong. You should have beat a different one first, fan of whatever team you root for

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

chronotrigger was easily the best final fantasy game, all of the actual final fantasy games are merely battling for second place

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes and it's a drat shame how TFF skips over best FF game final fantasy 9

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
O/U on the number of arrests during the game?

E: nvm it's mentioned in the post

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheChirurgeon posted:

III was better than 1 though :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

evilweasel posted:

chronotrigger was easily the best final fantasy game, all of the actual final fantasy games are merely battling for second place

Chrono Trigger, more like Dragon Ball Z: The RPG

(just kidding, CT is amazing)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

This is acceptable if you live in England

Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
How can you even call it Final Fantasy when there are 15 of them?!? Anyway, the best one is the one where the guy with anime hair fights a really anime bad guy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sengoku rance is good

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Cowboys are Mass Effect. Fun until the very end :bang:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CowboyKid posted:

Cowboys are Mass Effect. Fun until the very end :bang:

Making Saren blow his brains out was loving metal

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

How can you even call it Final Fantasy when there are 15 of them?!? Anyway, the best one is the one where the guy with anime hair fights a really anime bad guy

Lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

got any sevens posted:

Making Saren blow his brains out was loving metal

And it was a paragon option! :laugh:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I can't believe posters ITT are saying that VIII is bad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jesus christ make it stop

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Kingdom Hearts is the best FF game.

hifi posted:

sengoku rance is good

lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NickRoweFillea posted:

people that really like grinding, I guess

The Draw system was poo poo though

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Final Fantasy 15 sucks I uninstalled it and went back to Final Fantasy XP. My work runs Final Fantasy 10 but only because the whole place shut down after installing FF Vista

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

jesus christ make it stop

The Football Funhouse › Shut the gently caress up about your stupid final fantasy game, no one cares

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

people that really like grinding, I guess

The Draw system was poo poo though

Who the hell grinds in VIII? You know the enemies level up with you, right? You could hypothetically beat the game at level 1 and the final boss would also be level 1 as well. If you grind to 100, then the boss has hundreds of thousands of hit points more.

The draw system was easy - junction your strongest spell to Magic, and you'll draw 9 spells every time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I miss when threads would go on rides around the forums.

Luckily weaboo junction showed up in TFF this morning.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

kiimo posted:

The Football Funhouse › Shut the gently caress up about your stupid final fantasy game, no one cares

shirts and skins posted:

[ATTENTION] Shut the gently caress up about your stupid final fantasy team, no one cares.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The TNF game tonight should've been a SNF/MNF matchup, and XIII is a good game, as are the sequels

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

seiferguy posted:

Who the hell grinds in VIII? You know the enemies level up with you, right? You could hypothetically beat the game at level 1 and the final boss would also be level 1 as well. If you grind to 100, then the boss has hundreds of thousands of hit points more.

The draw system was easy - junction your strongest spell to Magic, and you'll draw 9 spells every time.

No, people who like grinding wouldn't like a game where you can't grind to succeed. That is the point I am making. Christ

Also the Draw System was poo poo because it was boring, not because it was hard. Sitting in battle for 20 minutes drawing spells over and over was boring.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yeah I know. loving ridiculous. I'm with you, Nick.

Oh and loving ChronoTrigger was the tits.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

The TNF game tonight should've been a SNF/MNF matchup, and XIII is a good game, as are the sequels

SNF is Cowboys @ Giants which... will probably not be that great, but on paper would be an amazing game and MNF is Ravens @ Patriots which should be a very good game.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Part of a story from 2006, deep in the comments of the article linked below:

quote:

So the night goes on, the players are hanging out, chatting a bit with random folks, and so on. A good friend of mine has to take a piss, so he heads for the bathroom. It just so happened that Rodgers was standing in the doorway leading to the restrooms. My friend walked up and kind of moved to his side so that he could squeeze past and get to the men’s room, and Rodgers notices him and doesn’t move. He just stands there like he’s intentionally blocking the way, for seemingly no reason. He’s stone faced, he’s not like laughing or anything so it’s not obvious if he’s just goofing around at first or whatever, so my friend kind of tries to nudge his way past him, and again he just stands there.

At this point my friend is pretty fed up with the whole affair and, being half drunk and needing to piss, says “You might mind if I get past you here buddy?”

Rodgers looks at him and goes “Do you have any idea who the gently caress I am?”

Keep in mind this isn’t like post-MVP Rodgers, this is I-haven’t-started-a-game-yet Rodgers.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/lets-share-our-petty-stories-about-famous-people-acting-1789828675

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
6/7/8 was the golden stretch

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

SNF is Cowboys @ Giants which... will probably not be that great, but on paper would be an amazing game and MNF is Ravens @ Patriots which should be a very good game.

Giants/Cowboys will either be an exciting shootout or a frustrating bout of hilarious clownball, so either way everyone wins. MNF should be good, and regardless of the outcome (Pats win) you know someone (Harbaugh) is going to be all pissy about it to the media on Tuesday

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I went up to a guy in a bar once. He was tall, fat, and didn't appear to have showered recently. He was intently watching the games on TV and getting angry. I asked him why. He said this wasn't his final fantasy anymore. They've changed too much. "They used to make you take turns when fighting, but now they just make you do it in real time. That's not real, now enemies don't even get to play defensive turns". I asked him what he thought about numbers, and he said that numbers were for losers, the only number that matters is damage output and healing capability. I asked him what he thought of the framerate, and he got depressed, framerate used to not matter but now he can't even watch the game because he knows the characters are suffering low FPS and won't be remembered as fondly. Just at that moment, a blue haired anime dickweed voiced by a 13 year old did a dance on screen after winning a battle and the man lost his poo poo. "BACK IN MY DAY CHARACTERS WOULD JUST FIST PUMP OR GIVE A SASSY THUMBS UP AFTER VICTORY, NOW THEY ALL HAVE TO DO THESE ELABORATE ANIMATIONS THAT WASTE MY TIME". He suggested the Developers were a bunch of sissies who needed to program like they've made a game before.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

I went up to a guy in a bar once. He was tall, fat, and didn't appear to have showered recently. He was intently watching the games on TV and getting angry. I asked him why. He said this wasn't his final fantasy anymore. They've changed too much. "They used to make you take turns when fighting, but now they just make you do it in real time. That's not real, now enemies don't even get to play defensive turns". I asked him what he thought about numbers, and he said that numbers were for losers, the only number that matters is damage output and healing capability. I asked him what he thought of the framerate, and he got depressed, framerate used to not matter but now he can't even watch the game because he knows the characters are suffering low FPS and won't be remembered as fondly. Just at that moment, a blue haired anime dickweed voiced by a 13 year old did a dance on screen after winning a battle and the man lost his poo poo. "BACK IN MY DAY CHARACTERS WOULD JUST FIST PUMP OR GIVE A SASSY THUMBS UP AFTER VICTORY, NOW THEY ALL HAVE TO DO THESE ELABORATE ANIMATIONS THAT WASTE MY TIME". He suggested the Developers were a bunch of sissies who needed to program like they've made a game before.

Sometimes it works out okay, I saw this guy online who spends his time drawing every Final Fantasy character in different ways. Sometimes he'd ask "what if they were all fat?" Other times "what if they were all hipsters?" You'd think he'd run out of ideas, but it's been like 4 or 5 years and he's still going strong!

I'm now stuck trying to picture all teams as Final Fantasy teams. The Browns are Maester Seymour.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
O/U stadium deaths tonight?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

O/U stadium deaths tonight?
2.5, according to the blog post kiimo posted earlier

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Enough work the video games talk please

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

it's arrowhead, we've had just as many players die in the parking lot as fans in the last 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What Star Wars character would each franchise be? 49ers are totally CP30. Associated with gold, vague homosexuality, and way less popular now than before.

• Locked thread