Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Was he the one that injured Itami
That was Riddick Moss

I wonder if this is a sign that they're finally releasing Sawyer Fulton. That would be a shame, but not a surprise. That or Damo and Fulton are gonna feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fulton is injured

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Go RV! posted:

I didn't realize I wanted a Nikki Cross/Asuka staredown/match until just now

I love how Nikki was doing her,"I'm a loving lunatic! :byodame:" face and Asuka was all,"Oh sweet somebody new to murder :getin:"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/806693184294293504

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pretty decent episode this week. I like the tournament to pick a new No. 1 contender, partly because I'm a sucker for tournaments and partly because it feels like a breath of fresh air after months (and months, and months) of the title scene being logjammed by rematch clauses.

Speaking of rematch clauses! Joe/Nak III was good, even if they were clearly holding back from their Takeover matches. I don't like hot-potatoing the belt (and I'm fully expecting Joe to win it back in Melbourne), but if you have Nakamura on your roster, you pretty much have to let him win in Japan, so it is what it is.

I always rant about the rematch clause, but I'm also down for more DIY/Revival matches so call me a hypocrite if you want. At least they covered their bases by booking the Authors for whoever wins that. The tag division continues to be the most interesting thing on NXT right now.

Nikki/Asuka is an interesting tease. If they really want to make Sanity a thing, and they have a woman in the group, having her chase the women's title makes a lot of sense in trying to consolidate their power. We know Nikki is a good wrestler, and playing up the feral psychopath opens up a lot of story possibilities for a match with Asuka, like something she's never had to prepare for before.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

Nikki/Asuka is an interesting tease. If they really want to make Sanity a thing, and they have a woman in the group, having her chase the women's title makes a lot of sense in trying to consolidate their power. We know Nikki is a good wrestler, and playing up the feral psychopath opens up a lot of story possibilities for a match with Asuka, like something she's never had to prepare for before.

Nikki cross/Asuka would make me a happy lil poopy pants

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Shawn Cotureier posted:

They brought him in to be Otunga ffs

he's like Otunga, only better so far. I've only watched the tag match though, does he get worse? Is it just that no show needs an otunga?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I think the NXT two man booth is the best commentary team in the WWE and definitely didn't need a new addition. Having said that, I liked him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SOMEONE ALERT BURRITO THAT PERCY WATSON HAS RETURNED

OH YEAH

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That main event felt way clipped with the commercial break and suddenly both guys being so worn out. Definitely the weakest of their three matches. At least they are getting the rematches out of the way and setting up a new contender.

Damo being in Sanity is whatever but I swear to Satan, if they put Tommy End in that dead end of a stable, they are just burning money.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Round 3 wasn't good.

DIY is so over. Glad they got the belts before Ciampa turns on Gargano.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You've got to wonder how much of being worn out has to be Joe. Isn't that the furthest he's traveled in a long time, considering he was in TNA, or did he travel to Japan for them?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Go RV! posted:

I skipped the NXT TV between the last two Takeovers. When did the Revival get over? That was a giant pop when their music hit.

Like a year ago

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Revival were always over as a heel team, but that was the first time I can recall Full Sail singing their theme song.

Hopefully we don't run into a situation where the crowd accidentally turns them face (which is why I don't like the idea of running them against the Authors), but Dash and Dawson are too good at getting legit heel heat to let that happen.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 8, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

SOMEONE ALERT BURRITO THAT PERCY WATSON HAS RETURNED

OH YEAH

So how long until he replaces Otunga?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Went to my first ever wwe live show last night (NXT is touring Aus).

Had a pretty great time, although the crowd here in Canberra was pretty tiny with 3/4's of the arena probably tarped off. Once you add the floor seats it was maybe 1000-1500 people.

Most of the aussies went over too (except for Billie kay/Peyton royce who tagged agaisnt Liv Morgan and Asuka) The aussie girls made an announcement pre match that they were 'the most iconic duo of nxt' which got a pretty good laugh out of everyone.

Wesley Blake got 'Tyler breeze' chants for his entire match because he came out dancing with his feather boa. He played into it pretty well though.

Card if anyone is interested (copy pasted from wrestlinginc because I couldnt remember it all):

quote:

* TM61 beat The Revival with a team finisher. Huge pop for TM61.

* Patrick Clark def Wesley Blake with an insane looking Famouser that spiked Blake's head into the mat.

* Ember Moon def Alliyah with the twisting top rope stunner

* Buddy Murphy def Akira Tozawa with a brainbuster. Pops for both guys and crowd was into the entire match with dueling chants for both men.

* DIY retained the NXT Tag Team Titles against Tino Sabatelli and Riddick Moss. (Another huge pop for DIY)

* William Regal then came out to the ring and thanked all the fans in attendence for being there and said that it is the fans who make NXT great.

* Asuka & Liv Morgan def Billie Kay & Peyton Royce with Royce tapping to the Asuka lock. (Pop for Asuka and huge heat for Royce & Kay in their home country)

* Oney Lorcan def Elias Samson with a roll up after the ref took Samson's guitar off him. (Samson played Wonderwall for the fans before the match before changing the lyrics in the 2nd verse to get massive heat.)

* Shinsuke Nakamura & Tye Dillinger def Bobby Roode & Samoa Joe with Nakamura hitting the Kinshasa on Booby Roode. (Pops for all 4 men and dueling chants throughout the match for all 4 men.)

Just want to say Glorious is probably the greatest entrance music ever. That was so over with the crowd even my mates who havent watched in years were singing along in no time. Also the murphy/tozawa match was pretty good with the crowd really into it.

I really hope the small crowd doesnt stop them coming back because it really was a great time.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Just got out of nxt melbourne. I won't post the match card or anything since at least some of it was taped for the network, but it was extremely excellent to be part of a crowd drowning out Elias Samson's singing by chanting 'shut the gently caress up'

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I know it's Australia but lol at Blake losing to Patrick Clark and then Murphy beating Tozawa.

also I'm guessing the lack of conspicuous spoiler tags means Nakamura retained?

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 8, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

The Melbourne show is tonight.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AMReese posted:

The Melbourne show is tonight.

It's almost midnight in Australia and that last guy posted he just got out the show so I think it already happened.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Baron Corbyn posted:

I know it's Australia but lol at Blake losing to Patrick Clark and then Murphy beating Tozawa.

_____Yes.______

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's almost midnight in Australia and that last guy posted he just got out the show so I think it already happened.

Yeah, it already happened.
Spoiler for nxt championship match: Nakamura retains the championship

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Goddamn time zones...

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Show was real good though. Tag title match was the standout for me.

Also Tye Dillinger is over like crazy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Revival is going to be cheered from now on out of respect. They're going to be called up soon so it's the last Full Sail will see of them.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

huzzah the women's division won't still be a wasteland in 6 months

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/806918266039869440

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

oatgan posted:

Hopefully they put them on tv quick and don't wring out all their personality and style first

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Hopefully they put them on tv quick and don't wring out all their personality and style first

figure any of them that wind up in the women's tournament are headed to TV quick without a repackage

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

AMReese posted:

You've got to wonder how much of being worn out has to be Joe. Isn't that the furthest he's traveled in a long time, considering he was in TNA, or did he travel to Japan for them?

Bound for Glory 2014 was a coproduced show with Wrestle-1 from Korakuen Hall. But yeah, other than that, the only abroad stuff was the yearly UK tour.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I've never seen a good Kimber Lee match

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Can we skip the Ember Moon title reign and just put it on Evie? Cuz Ember outside of her finish is super dull ring wise whereas Evie actually has good matches.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hell yes let's get those takes cookin

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Put the NXT womens belt on Tanya Tucker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

Asuka is pleased. Asuka will feed. :getin:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dordreff posted:

Yeah, it already happened.
Spoiler for nxt championship match: Nakamura retains the championship

I thought needing to set up a number one contender's tournament last night sorta gave this away.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

I saw her have a pretty good match with Candice in... Smash, I think it was? It was free on Youtube a while ago.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

I've seen at least a dozen really good/great matches from Kimber Lee.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who are Julie and Isabel. [please help me and this is not a troll.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

https://twitter.com/WWRProWrestling/status/806616324386541568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Who are Julie and Isabel. [please help me and this is not a troll.

Julie Real is a model/mma fighter who has been training at Kendrick's school with prospects like the new and improved Eva Marie

Isabel Lahela is a Canadian weightlifter who trained with Ashley Sixx out of Superkick'd Academy

• Locked thread