Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Because there are 1000x more people who own a 3DS than a Wii U and even if the game sucks and only a fraction buys it that's more money than they had before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Because there are 1000x more people who own a 3DS than a Wii U and even if the game sucks and only a fraction buys it that's more money than they had before.

its probably also to advertise the inevitable switch version lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm excited to buy the game for a third time.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

its probably also to advertise the inevitable switch version lol
Switch version would be tricky though since basically everyone has confirmed that you can't use gamepad screen and tv at the same time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the detachable controllers are going to double as IR pointers so you could probably use the editor on the tv with pointer controls

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think the detachable controllers are going to double as IR pointers so you could probably use the editor on the tv with pointer controls

gah!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

my body is too frail from the gamer lifestyle to keep my arms up for that long, no thanks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

for months my greatest joy in life was sitting in bed making mario levels on my gamepad until i burnt out making insane levels with 2970 paths each

Soral
May 30, 2009

i cant deal with this

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

You won't have to, Reggie isn't letting you buy a Switch until you make the water and fire packs, you monster.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:worship:

Soral
May 30, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

You won't have to, Reggie isn't letting you buy a Switch until you make the water and fire packs, you monster.

uh... ok, dude whos only post in the imp zone is this one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soral posted:

uh... ok, dude whos only post in the imp zone is this one
The epicly pissed-off lurker.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Nintendo have done it again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Goodbye Boxboy. I'm on my phone and idk where it is but the trailer for the new game they just announced seems to have some rly cool new mechanics. Definitely a bigger jump than 1>2 was. Still want a level editor tho

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Switch version would be tricky though since basically everyone has confirmed that you can't use gamepad screen and tv at the same time.

Mario Maker is like the ideal game that makes use of two screens but doesn't need them simultaneously. Make on the tablet, Mario on the TV.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a majority of my time with mario maker was doing off-tv play on just the gamepad. It's not bad at all

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

a majority of my time with mario maker was doing off-tv play on just the gamepad. It's not bad at all

Yeah when I get a switch I'm just gonna keep the wii u in my bedroom and not hook it up to a tv, it's fine as a giant oversized gameboy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-07-sources-nintendo-switch-will-have-gamecube-virtual-console-support

Yes!! Yes!!!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

While that's all well and good all I want is a n64-era mario party. Is that too much to ask, nintenDON'T?!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

While that's all well and good all I want is a n64-era mario party. Is that too much to ask, nintenDON'T?!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

dude...don't doxx my linkedin cover photo and please provide me with virtual console rendering of Mario Party 3. No costumes, jsut millenium stars.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the mother freaking jedi knight luigi.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving epic. I love buying games I already own

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

same, i love nintendo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jedi Knight Luigi

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

First party GameCube games are expensive as hell, I welcome this development.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

same, i love nintendo

I was being facetious but thinking about it its an enormous pain in the rear end to play Gamecube games these days and most of discs are properly borked because Ive got a stack of 15 minidiscs that Ive kept in a plastic shopping bag in my closet for over 5 years now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was fun softmodding the Wii U to play through Thousand Year Door again on the gamepad and having that available to anyone for 10 bucks instead of dealing with hacky workarounds that most normal people dont want to gently caress with is a good idea. And it means I can play metroid prime on a train

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

In Training posted:

I was being facetious but thinking about it its an enormous pain in the rear end to play Gamecube games these days and most of discs are properly borked because Ive got a stack of 15 minidiscs that Ive kept in a plastic shopping bag in my closet for over 5 years now

I had to retire my gamecube recently because the drive randomly doesn't work. it made me sad. at least I still have a Wii

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
also you should take better care of your games, because they'll take care of you.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I remember before the Wii came out I sold my Component Gamecube Cable on eBay for like $150. That's my Gamecube story thanks for listening.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im waiting to see what epic storeies gamecube himself can come up with

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Mario Kart 8 is really fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Mario Kart 8 is really fun

i still replay it every now and then. its fantastic and all the DLC is great

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I wish there was a little more variety in the character roster but it's hard to complain because the DLC is pitch perfect and all of the courses are beautiful and clearly lovingly designed

Oh poo poo and the music is fantastic too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pink Gold Peach

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://youtu.be/7TJ7IUNWGl4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

metal mario was one of my favorite chars lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Looking forward to Mario Kart 8.5 on the Switch, where you will be able to race as my friends King Boo, Diddy Kong and Mega Man