Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
And originally, the plan was each new set would replace "The Gathering" with the set name. So right now we'd have Magic: Kaladesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Tidal Warrior would be good for messing up people's mana.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
lol

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

What.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Peavstinator was right, they're not competing with Hearthstone

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Since you didn't link it, the issue was that people were being allowed to join Pauper leagues with Peregrine Drake in their decks and now they have to go in and refund everyone who joined with it in their list.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Please tell me that's fake and they're not directing people to a loving tumblr.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It's real, I saw it pop up in a stream.

http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/154222030439/peregrine-drake-issue-in-pauper

quote:

Peregrine Drake Issue in Pauper

During yesterday’s deployment, the ban of Peregrine Drake was unfortunately reverted. Since then, some players have joined the Pauper league with Peregrine Drake in their deck.

In response, we are taking the following actions:

Temporarily stop players from joining events and league matches from beginning
Re-institute the ban of Peregrine Drake
Turning events and league matches back on, except the Pauper league
Removing and returning the entry of the few players with Peregrine Drake in their Pauper league deck
Resuming play for the Pauper league

While only a small number of players actually played a deck with Peregrine Drake during this time, if you lost to such a player, you may file for reimbursement here: http://wizards.custhelp.com/

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we address the issue.

- Lee
3 minutes ago

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

BJPaskoff posted:

Since you didn't link it, the issue was that people were being allowed to join Pauper leagues with Peregrine Drake in their decks and now they have to go in and refund everyone who joined with it in their list.

yeah i realized after i hit okay that i forgot to actually see what's up. in the middle of a league battling!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Hopefully they resolve this bullshit quickly. I've been swamped with the end of the semester, last night was the end of classes, I can finally sit down to play tonight, on a 3-0 start in a competitive modern league....."League Paused" :negative:

I want to have more fun when people pause the first time I cast a Phyrexian Obliterator each round.

EDIT: Yay they turned on every league but Pauper now.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Snacksmaniac posted:

Finally a set based on the mythology of Atlanta.

Bruce Lucent confirmed for Gatewatch.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Judge's Familiar is okay, I guess.

If it had the merfolk typing it would actually be very good. As it is Judge's Familiar is a protour winning card.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I really want the get into MODO since it makes way more sense as a means of playing the game with my schedule and then I see something like this and realize I shouldn't put a single dollar into it.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

If only there were common practices that software developers used to ensure that their code was correct. Like maybe if they had a periodic meeting where they reviewed code, a "Code Review" if you will.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

ThePeavstenator posted:

If only there were common practices that software developers used to ensure that their code was correct. Like maybe if they had a periodic meeting where they reviewed code, a "Code Review" if you will.

But they're doing this new "agile" thing! Code review is a thing of the past!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Strange that we're getting three original planes in a row. I thought the plan was to do Return to sets more often, but maybe the two-set block structure changed that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BJPaskoff posted:

Strange that we're getting three original planes in a row. I thought the plan was to do Return to sets more often, but maybe the two-set block structure changed that.

Can't wait for Return to Kamigawa.

Unironically.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Walked posted:

But they're doing this new "agile" thing! Code review is a thing of the past!

Too real man. Also if WotC has implemented Scrum there's no way that it's not actually Scrum But.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ThePeavstenator posted:

Too real man. Also if WotC has implemented Scrum there's no way that it's not actually Scrum Butt.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

ThePeavstenator posted:

Too real man. Also if WotC has implemented Scrum there's no way that it's not actually Scrum But.

I have to say; observing MODO for so long... I'd pay real money to have a day or two to have full access to their codebase. I'm just so curious

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Wizards is trying to claim the Atlazan leak is legitimate, but that isn't not necessarily a real product because its just part of a packaging design concept. In other words, they're implying they created a bunch of fake sets using real, unpublished art (half of which have real set names) for despite the fact that there's nothing unique at all about the packaging as its just the packaging they use for every set when you buy it at Wal-Mart.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Why hasn't someone posted the link to get a playset of Gideon for 10 dollars

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

80s James Hetfield posted:

Holo-emblem fakes are pretty much botique work as far as I can tell. The big chinese sellers are still printing stuff exclusively pre-holo far as I can tell.

Not that I know anything about any of this

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
MTGO bugs are kind of beautiful in a way, they're so weird it's hard to imagine how they even come into being half the time, and that raise so, so many questions about what kind of Lovecraftian nonsense the back-end code is built on.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

80s James Hetfield posted:

Forum rules about publicly posting links to :filez: applies to wizard poker cards as well IIRC.

Just ask someone to PM you.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So I noticed I have a card that's missing its holofoil stamp. It looks otherwise normal and passes the bend test.

There's a noticeable divot on the card where the foil should be.

The printing pattern looks pretty much the same on it as on a copy with the proper foiling:

Is foil stamps falling off a thing that actually happens or do I have a fake on my hands? Seems weird to fake a dollar rare.

I got it as part of a four-set pre-ordered from Face to Face Games when the set first came out.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
e:^^ those show up all the time on the Magic Misprints and Rarities FB group. It's likely legit.

ThePeavstenator posted:

This isn't a code issue, though. This is some designer who had checked out a data file forever ago and just realized he had it checked it out so he panic checked it in and stomped the previous change / merged it badly.

Angry Grimace posted:

Wizards is trying to claim the Atlazan leak is legitimate, but that isn't not necessarily a real product because its just part of a packaging design concept. In other words, they're implying they created a bunch of fake sets using real, unpublished art (half of which have real set names) for despite the fact that there's nothing unique at all about the packaging as its just the packaging they use for every set when you buy it at Wal-Mart.

There are totally legit marketing tests where you put a bunch of different fake box covers up and user test them for impact. This could totally be a thing where they're humoring Nagle's desire for CONQUEST OF POWER and are testing it against a surrounding battery of better names to see if it resonates.

I'm sure it isn't, though, because there would have been more than one jpg leaked :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Angry Grimace posted:

Sigma-X posted:

There are totally legit marketing tests where you put a bunch of different fake box covers up and user test them for impact. This could totally be a thing where they're humoring Nagle's desire for CONQUEST OF POWER and are testing it against a surrounding battery of better names to see if it resonates.

I'm sure it isn't, though, because there would have been more than one jpg leaked :v:
Wouldn't be surprised if just the actual names aren't finalized.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sigma-X posted:

I don't think the Design team are the ones who come up with the set names, let alone the people with final say on them. They have a whole creative department for that sort of thing.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I probably would've liked Khans standard more if Temur wasn't a pile of poo poo.

Knuckleblade being good was a dream I could never have.

I loved me some knucx....i was soooo ready....edh card.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Sigma-X posted:

This isn't a code issue, though. This is some designer who had checked out a data file forever ago and just realized he had it checked it out so he panic checked it in and stomped the previous change / merged it badly.

yeah but its harder to be snarky with the phrase "Pull Request" or "Merge Conflict"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sultai didn't even get a proper marquee mascot like the other clans. (I'm not counting Sidisi).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 9, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Knux was good, it's just that Rhino and the cards supporting it, especially Abzan Charm, were so much better.

I think if Temur Charm had been a bit better, Big Knux could've had a deck.

Like maybe if the fight mode had been one-sided and the no-blocks mode was straight-up Falter.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Entropic posted:

I think if Temur Charm had been a bit better, Big Knux could've had a deck.

Apparently it had its power substantially slashed late in development.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
God I miss Crackling Doom.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've been playing this stupid game for almost 20 years now and want to start collecting some random type of card just for shits-and-giggles. I was toying with one of each dragon (because I'm a nerd and dragons are cool) or maybe planeswalkers (pricey option, but they're pretty new and don't really represent my memories of the early game). I even thought about one of each basic land art, but that'd mostly be just a bunch of $0.03 cards, the Unglued/Unhinged ones, and the Guru lands.

Then I realized I'm an avid fan of the casual clusterfuck that is Commander, so why not get one of each legendary creature ever printed? I checked prices and it looks like if I ignore crazy poo poo like the Phyrexian language Elesh Norn ($550+), the most expensive card would be Angus Mackenzie at like $75. Plus there are currently 665 legendary creatures, so that's a decent size collection of mostly crappy cards!

Now to find a suitably nerdy fancy card binder portfolio thing to put them all in...

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

BizarroAzrael posted:

Boy oh boy let me tell you about this thing called Frontier

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Remember that it barely saw play before BFZ and fecthland duals standard. (mardoodoo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Wasn't Sultai basically only playable because of Whip?

• Locked thread