Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah it's not like the FCC is gonna have the ability to enforce anything p soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

podcast I listen to asked people to write in to say why they voted for trump and some guy wrote in to say that he was a single issue voter, voting for net neutrality. people are idiots.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
worst case scenario some old racist fucker files a complaint

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

"The FCC"?

dont you mean the I Heart Radio Compliance Dept.?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sniep posted:

"The FCC"?

burn clearchannel to the ground

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i used to work w/ a guy who brought a handgun to the office every day

he kept it in the pocket of his slacks until one of the office ladies asked him to keep it in his truck

sometime much later after that he shot himself in the parking lot during lunch

i think i poasted about it in cjs years ago it was p grim

when i was at ASU the state legislature tried to pass a bill that would allow students to carry guns in university buildings

this was not supported by the faculty union, the students' union, the university administration, the state and city police departments, or the state department of education. it was purely generated by angry shithead conservatives who thought students carrying guns into class would be a good idea bc armed populace shooters would think twice garbage. (note that students were already allowed to bring firearms to campus as long as they left them locked in their car).

the president of the university wrote an open letter to the newspaper pointing out that arizona is no longer the wild west, and rhetorically asking what would happen if there was a school shooting, five other students pull out guns, and the SWAT team shows up to a mexican standoff

anyway the bill failed, fortunately, and shortly after that a student in my department went and saw his professor for advising and while there shot himself in the face.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sniep posted:

"The FCC"?

next year their operations will mostly be contracted out to Trumpertainment Standard, A Limited Liability Corporation which primarily acts as a clearinghouse for selling all those bands of the spectrum that're just goin unused like 2.4ghz

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

when i was at ASU the state legislature tried to pass a bill that would allow students to carry guns in university buildings

this was not supported by the faculty union, the students' union, the university administration, the state and city police departments, or the state department of education. it was purely generated by angry shithead conservatives who thought students carrying guns into class would be a good idea bc armed populace shooters would think twice garbage. (note that students were already allowed to bring firearms to campus as long as they left them locked in their car).

the president of the university wrote an open letter to the newspaper pointing out that arizona is no longer the wild west, and rhetorically asking what would happen if there was a school shooting, five other students pull out guns, and the SWAT team shows up to a mexican standoff

anyway the bill failed, fortunately, and shortly after that a student in my department went and saw his professor for advising and while there shot himself in the face.

texas passed that law earlier this year

lol forever at texas

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

weren't there students at the oregon shooting that had guns but didnt want to use them because they were afraid the cops would shoot them instead of the actual shooter?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

yes, it is bad and makes it harder to recruit good professors.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Your accent is not as stereotypically southern as I was expecting. Has tv lied to me ?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
friend of mine is a professor of religion at Texas state and he often has angry students coming in to office hours trying to tell him how satanists are bad or muslims are bad and how he shouldn't teach about them, and other poo poo like that. let's let those kids all carry guns that is a good idea.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jq7jIa34Y

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

jre posted:

Your accent is not as stereotypically southern as I was expecting. Has tv lied to me ?

his full name is James Beauregard Ninety The Second.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

C.H.O.M.E posted:

friend of mine is a professor of religion at Texas state and he often has angry students coming in to office hours trying to tell him how satanists are bad or muslims are bad and how he shouldn't teach about them, and other poo poo like that. let's let those kids all carry guns that is a good idea.

-- the texas state legislature, in response to all of the college professors moving to block the law

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFbHuJii7ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Cy1Knyu6A

AU crew can jump in too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvEjQVTMU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPSKn-aPHb0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jre posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P60e5uevLaw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

this guy is talented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jq7jIa34Y

e gently caress beaten

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 9, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

you're a good man, jonny

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i was in denver two weeks a few years back for work and here is what i learned about denver:
- people are redneck as hell
- cops, everywhere
- snow is very soft and powdery dry and doesn't clump or freeze and it's awesome
- the mountains are like RIGHT THERE on the horizon all the time and it owns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

e gently caress beaten

lol I'll repost this one then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Cy1Knyu6A

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:allears:

Thanks Johnny

I pretty much sound like Limmy
( in his youtube stuff, not his "so the english can understand" BBC stuff )

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
jonny290 post videos of himself, so here's a video of myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKAs1ykST8&t=44s

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I was in Denver earlier this year and I learned that it's a basically a clone of Calgary in some parts (downtown core, proximity to mountains) and a clone of Edmonton in others (industrial hellscape). also buying legal weed was cool as hell

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BANME.sh posted:

I was in Denver earlier this year and I learned that it's a basically a clone of Calgary in some parts (downtown core, proximity to mountains) and a clone of Edmonton in others (industrial hellscape). also buying legal weed was cool as hell

HAHAHAHA

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I just went to buy a pack of smokes and a 40, and I gave a rambling charles manson hobo a cigarette. it's also -25c outside

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
so no, colorado is not like alberta

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jonny you got that gun what, like two weeks ago? Still haven't fired it??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Denver gets compared to Calgary a lot actually in fact I've often seen them referred to as sister cities ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah the ranges here are super booked up all the time and remember i switched from 3rd shift to 1st last week. It's in my desk drawer, theres plenty of time.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

BANME.sh posted:

Denver gets compared to Calgary a lot actually in fact I've often seen them referred to as sister cities ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess they're sister cities in that nobody goes there or gives a gently caress about either of them

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

C.H.O.M.E posted:

I would watch a "johnny 290's Radio Free Colorado Springs" YouTube channel

Roosevelt posted:

you're a good man, jonny

your videos are awesome and i would subscribe to that channel so much

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
happy holidays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHu7Gs1hSA

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

It's in my desk drawer, theres plenty of time.

A LOVE LETTER TO MY WORK LIFE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bill NYSE posted:

A LOVE LETTER TO MY WORK LIFE

gettin myself outa this whack rear end hewlett packard prison

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

keeping your gun in a desk drawer is very handy for when you need to shoot a pencil or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
goatwhore is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftAE03L9-l0

• Locked thread