Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

he posts them on every page
i don't post nowhere near that much in general, what is there to say about gourmifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im making beef stroganof. No mushrooms though, gently caress that noise. That poo poo belongs on a nice bowl of rice.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
my mushroom soup and crusty french garlic bread i'm making today will compensate for your mushroom discrimination

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Also I hope you all had a chance to visit Canada. Pretty sure the snowpocalypse has started.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

chrome, for some reason, looks at every one of those gifs, no matter how often they're posted and no matter how many times ive been to this page before, as a unique little snowflake and goes 'hey there little guy let me just pause here for a moment to appreciate just how special you are'

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

Also I hope you all had a chance to visit Canada. Pretty sure the snowpocalypse has started.

I ate McDonald's in Vancouver.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Furnaceface posted:

Im making beef stroganof. No mushrooms though, gently caress that noise. That poo poo belongs on a nice bowl of rice.

Then you are just making beef.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

beef stroganoff without mushrooms is a plate of nothing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He's obviously following directions from a recipe gif.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I know a couple of people who are very adventurous eaters in general but won't eat mushrooms.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

pangstrom posted:

I know a couple of people who are very adventurous eaters in general but won't eat mushrooms.

Adventurous how? They tried quinoa once?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Tatsuta Age posted:

As in their "will not eat" list is mushrooms and nothing else as far as I know.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I won't eat mushrooms if they are the focal point of whatever dish they are in. Boomers are of course the exception.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I missed the music posts but I've been going back to this one a lot recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXBI2_zH9Js

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

pangstrom posted:

tell them they are dumb from me

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

missing out on serious risotto action

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tatsuta Age posted:

lemme tell ya about some quinoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11p0y9z1XOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I love mushrooms I don't get it.

My brother-in-law is one of them, he says his brain tells them they taste like poo poo smells.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I love mushrooms I don't get it.

My brother-in-law is one of them, he says his brain tells them they taste like poo poo smells.

tell him that's a funny coincidence because he has poo poo for brains

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I like mushrooms, I made mushroom soup last week and it owned. I just cant stand them in stroganof. :shrug:

Also Biden is in Ottawa, presumably to take the oath of citizenship. Sorry America.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

tell him that's a funny coincidence because he has poo poo for brains
Haha. "Hey bro that's the same reason I don't like to hear you talk!"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i don't find david lynch or his body of work compelling

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
24 hours since I woke up. :toot:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

24 hours since I woke up. :toot:

congratulations on successfully evading the vengeful ghosts of the war dead vb

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I hear meth Is also good at that

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't find david lynch or his body of work compelling

having bad taste is a-OK

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tatsuta Age posted:

having bad taste is a-OK

twin peaks is dumb poo poo for idiots

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

anime's good too

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tatsuta Age posted:

anime's good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP5agSU35hU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

also VB I have lined up a movie to watch tomorrow you might find interesting, under the shadow which is farsi language movie set during the war of the cities aerial bombardment stage of the Iran-Iraq war about a mother blacklisted from pursuing a middle career because of political activity during the cultural revolution who is tormented by a djinn after surviving a bomb run on her apartment building and becomes increasingly paralysed with fear for her daughter.

Has been favourable compared to the babadook and is getting a lot of nods from smaller critics as one of the better movies of the year

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I have a sad list of movies I want to see that is just getting longer and longer

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I'm making sauce using, among many other things, my homemade pomegranate wine and morels. After that I'm making Osso Buco. On the side I'm making Baba-Ganoush (not really sure why), but I'm cheating because I'm using store-bought tahini. I have a bottle of Pheasant Tears Saperavi I picked up passing through DC a few months ago that I think would go well with it.
Happy end of semester college goons.

e: Thinking of flambeing at the end of the browning process. Normal or orange liquer Grand Marnier?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The only think I know about Grand Marnier is that it's nice to float a little on top of margaritas.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

other things i have lined up to watch as part of my end of year "I don't live anywhere near an art house cinema" catch up: the fits, childhood of a leader, krisha, Elle

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Living in another state and getting a call your dad passed out in a store and is in the Emergency Room is kind of nerve racking.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Living in another state and getting a call your dad passed out in a store and is in the Emergency Room is kind of nerve racking.

sucks dude, I hope yr pops is ok

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

as a side note its kind of ridiculous how strong a24's production output and distribution has been

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

pangstrom posted:

The only think I know about Grand Marnier is that it's nice to float a little on top of margaritas.

I moved in with a black roommate this year and discovered that apparently its a big thing to drink cognac straight. I regret giving him permission to drink it, because I've gone through like three bottles this semester but I don't wanna tell him he can't anymore. Not really the price, especially since I get a decent bit of free weed I give away to other people because I don't smoke outside of social situations myself, but I only use that stuff for cooking, and I've had to go to the store to get more in the middle of cooking. Stressful as gently caress, when cooking is my stress relief activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

kustomkarkommando posted:

as a side note its kind of ridiculous how strong a24's production output and distribution has been
Yeah now that you mention it that's true. The Witch and Ex Machina are on my list.

• Locked thread