Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
had to google IPFU because I've been away long enough :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't forget your reflective belt. Nothing else will save you if the retard PFC at the wheel rolls it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Only if they have it on a Saturday like the last mandatory fun day I went to.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i hope you guys have your class a's pressed and fitted to go the dumb company xmas party. make sure your fat rear end wife gets out her prom dress!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I have an appointment. Darn.

Really though, I got my surgery date to have my face cracked open and rebuilt. I'm sure nothing can go wrong with this plan.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Aranan posted:

I have an appointment. Darn.

Really though, I got my surgery date to have my face cracked open and rebuilt. I'm sure nothing can go wrong with this plan.

Doesn't mean poo poo. CO is final approval on all profiles. Have fun in the field you piece of malingering poo poo.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Doesn't mean poo poo. CO is final approval on all profiles. Have fun in the field you piece of malingering poo poo.

lol what's a field. Haven't been there in two years.

lol what's a weapon. Haven't seen one in two years.

I went a good month without knowing what company I was in, let alone who my CO and First Sausage were.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sounds like elective surgery to me, son. Denied.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And yet I still wasn't able to get eye surgery, either pre- or post-deployment, despite being in a job where good eyesight (preferably without corrective lenses) is important.

Huh.

p.s. gently caress you, Army

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Can't believe you trust someone affiliated with the military to peel your eyes like a loving grape with a drat laser.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just paid for mine out of pocket and never told anyone about it so I didn't have to get a profile. My eyesight just miraculously got better one day.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Were you the dude that got PRK or RK or something and it felt like someone held you face down over an electric citrus juicer, or was that someone else?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I got my eyeballs all lasered up a couple of years ago. Haven't had any problems yet!

In other news, it's been in the mid 20s in the morning here, and because some dumbass private forgot or lost his PT pants, nobody was allowed to wear theirs, because uniformity. And because cold weather injuries aren't a real thing quit complaining I don't care how blue your toes are.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Were you the dude that got PRK or RK or something and it felt like someone held you face down over an electric citrus juicer, or was that someone else?

Nah. I'm the guy that got it 4 months before stepping off the plane in Afghanistan, which is like waaaay out of profile for people with PRK. Because gently caress wearing glasses or contacts while deployed.

PRK wasn't that bad. The first week sucks, but after that it's fine.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Apparently I have some kind of calcification on my eye and they were afraid the process would aggravate it and permanently blind me. Getting corrective eye surgery and coming out blind sounds about on-par with my experience with Army medicine, though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Aranan posted:

First Sausage
Guessing it's a phone posting thing but I couldn't let this slide.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

bird food bathtub posted:

Im pretty sure that was on purpose.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Genocide Tendency posted:

Im pretty sure that was on purpose.

I've known a few guys that said it like that so gonna agree

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
SGT Chowdown got promoted?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So why are spur rides still called spur "rides" when you ruck like 30+ miles?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
because gently caress you, ARMY, HOOAHHHHHH

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

bird food bathtub posted:

I saw it somewhere and think it's funny so I use it now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mustang posted:

Flutter kicks, go.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Naked Bear posted:

I'm gonna put on gym shorts and one of those lovely Russian helmets and play XCOM. That's a battalion's worth of fun.

Is lovely Russian helmet slang for strap on or something? Like a condom?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

I had PRK and was like the only dude who had a bad reaction to everything and would essentially vomit as soon as I saw light. I can see fine now.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Mustang posted:

The spurs are metaphorical. You are the horse.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I always loved the pissing contest between gold/silver and cib/eib over the years.

when I joined you were a pog bitch if you didn't have gold/cib but now apparently its the otherway?? lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah ok you went through WARS and poo poo but you didn't do this completely dumb poo poo arbitrarily graded poo poo??? PUSSY

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

p sure you can't wear EIBs on combat uniforms so idk what everyone is so excited about

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

psydude posted:

p sure you can't wear EIBs on combat uniforms so idk what everyone is so excited about

since when?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
EIB competition is the only thing I ever heard infantry do in Djibouti.

Like non loving stop. We had potential for another Benghazi, and some of these retards didn't wanna go to kill people save the ambassador because EIB.

E: killing people chance was very low. But still I thought it'd get more people rowdy.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah ok you went through WARS and poo poo but you didn't do this completely dumb poo poo arbitrarily graded poo poo??? PUSSY

About half the SSG's here don't have CIBs or a combat patch. But they have EIBs!!!!!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Weird, all of our NCOs and a decent amount of our junior enlisted have combat patches. It's mostly us LTs and the rest of the junior enlisted that haven't deployed.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
When I was FORSCOM, we had PFCs walking around with combat patches in garrison. Now that I'm INSCOM, there are SSGs and SFCs walking around slick-sleeved. It just depends on the environment.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Stay Army, stay Cav, stay fruity.

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm/videos/10154911052548606/

jk errybody get out

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Aranan posted:

Now that I'm INSCOM, there are SSGs and SFCs walking around slick-sleeved.

fuckin scrubs

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

jk errybody get out

Good thing they had their PT belts

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was I think 2 times I said "nope, bring the court martial if you want but I ain't doing it" when I was in.

That would've made a third.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Naked Bear posted:

jk errybody get out

Hmmmm, hard to tell if that's my unit or the other BDEs cav squadron....

Edit: yep, that's us....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
USAREC was full of slick sleeve 7-9s talking about how we should work harder because people were deployed, meanwhile 99% of the E5-6s had at least a deployment

• Locked thread