Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
I've run across a guy at work named Filthy T Wickett. No idea what the T stands for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

m2pt5 posted:

I know someone named Kayce (pronounced like K.C. or Casey) and I still have to remind myself it's not pronounced "case" because of the spelling.

In a similar vein, I knew a KaCee.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I was watching Goliath earlier and there was a Kuma D'Boo credited at the end.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Astrofig posted:

Kuma Deboo was the director of the prison Piper Kerman was incarcerated in, per Orange is the New Black! I wonder if she was working as a consultant?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Astrofig posted:

This thread is for terrible names, not wonderful ones.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Had to take Liberty Belle in for her microchip today. Our vet? Chris Biggerstaff.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Khazar-khum posted:

Had to take Liberty Belle in for her microchip today. Our vet? Chris Biggerstaff.

At least it was Chris and not Richard.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

My next-door neighbour's granddaughter, a human, is named Liberty Belle. We live in Canada and my neighbour is not American.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Dogfish posted:

My next-door neighbour's granddaughter, a human, is named Liberty Belle. We live in Canada and my neighbour is not American.

I knew a hardcore anti-American girl in university whose brother was named Denver. Every time she gave me crap, I'd ask her how Denver was doing. She was actually mostly cool and thought it was funny, we just had a "no politics" rule

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
my friend had a dog named Phallup

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
CEO of an employment legal advocacy I just saw an ad for was named Zana Bytheway. Pronounced like it should be three words.

Memento has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Dec 2, 2016

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lovely Warren mayor of Rochester ny

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Memento posted:

CEO of an employment legal advocacy I just saw an ad for was named Zana Bytheway. Pronounced like it should be three words.

Someone posted this years ago. I kind of like those names (the bythe-whatevers)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This isn't terrible or weird or even uncommon but I'd just like to say my favourite anglo surname is Drinkwater. Thank you :tipshat:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
No Mr. Cotton, thank you.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

From an NYT article about Texas parents bringing tackle football back for young kids despite the controversy:

"My kids love it, so I love it,” Qwanneshea Johnson said as she watched her sons Quentravious, 11, and Jourdan, 7, practice at West End Park."

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Saw a kid with a high school letter jacket. His name was DUDGEON.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In 200 years Americans will be reading history books and going "hey look at this dude he was called John what the gently caress kind of name is that?" Just kidding there will be no Americans in 200 years. Or books.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Just came across a Rhebeckha

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
An acquaintance who works in healthcare was asking for advice about a name-based dilemma: if a parent is proudly announcing to all and sundry that their tiny, brand-new baby girl is going to be called Melena, is it appropriate to inform them that's the medical term for bloody stool?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Lady Demelza posted:

An acquaintance who works in healthcare was asking for advice about a name-based dilemma: if a parent is proudly announcing to all and sundry that their tiny, brand-new baby girl is going to be called Melena, is it appropriate to inform them that's the medical term for bloody stool?

I think your friend was obligated to tell them that they're misspelling Melania

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I have a new coworker named Disney. Actually, her full name is Disney Alison Wonderland <lastname>.

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

Am I the only one doing the math here? She has a son who is six months old and a fiance who is not the father... So yah let's have a baby together, that seems like a good idea... Why get to know each other?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

In 200 years Americans will be reading history books and going "hey look at this dude he was called John what the gently caress kind of name is that?" Just kidding there will be no Americans in 200 years. Or books.

I do assume Americans are quickly getting used to the new wave of names. I don't remember them ever saying Hayden Panettiere has a stupid first name even though it's one of those randomly generated -aden/aiden names.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's mostly because it's been around for a while.

And also her husband can kill you with his fists, so better safe.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Hoisea, pronounced like Jose, on wheel of fortune tonight. Jason D. "JJ Jabs, Bean Jabber" Jablonski in the obituary.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Back in my drug days I was banging a weird rave gurl named Amerika. She was lots of fun but waaaay to into the scene. As soon as she started wearing those stupid beads outside of the parties I was out. That and she did waaay to much MDMA and had really bad mood swings because she kept bombing all the serotonin out of her brain.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I do assume Americans are quickly getting used to the new wave of names. I don't remember them ever saying Hayden Panettiere has a stupid first name even though it's one of those randomly generated -aden/aiden names.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/hayden

it helps to actually know what you're talking about but that's never stopped goons before so whatever

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

it helps to actually know what you're talking about but that's never stopped goons before so whatever

That doesn't mean people aren't still getting to it by the Kaiden method.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Eli not unique enough? What about Eligh?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

It also helps to be able to examine things from an informed perspective and not to be a big ol' jerk over really stupid and inconsequential things! Let me help you:

Yes, Hayden is a perfectly nice and normal name, and it is not a new name. Actually, no one in the thread has claimed that, IIRC. However, the explosion of names ending in "-ayden" sounds over the past few years has put Hayden in with the rest of the lot. I've posted a few crazy ones, myself (Blayden, Rayden, etc.) and other goons have found similarly stupid permutations. I'm sorry you named your baby or your hamster or your RealDoll Hayden and are butthurt, but I think if you really examine your heart, you'll see that no one means any malice.

Now go pick that wedgie, I think it's starting to chafe you and make you all grumpy.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It also helps to be able to examine things from an informed perspective and not to be a big ol' jerk over really stupid and inconsequential things! Let me help you:

Yes, Hayden is a perfectly nice and normal name, and it is not a new name. Actually, no one in the thread has claimed that, IIRC. However, the explosion of names ending in "-ayden" sounds over the past few years has put Hayden in with the rest of the lot. I've posted a few crazy ones, myself (Blayden, Rayden, etc.) and other goons have found similarly stupid permutations. I'm sorry you named your baby or your hamster or your RealDoll Hayden and are butthurt, but I think if you really examine your heart, you'll see that no one means any malice.

Now go pick that wedgie, I think it's starting to chafe you and make you all grumpy.

Let's not do things we'll regret later, like replying to Alaois unironically

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So today at work I met a Contessa and a Fonda. Then at a volunteer thingy afterwards there were cubbies labeled (among others) Dajoure, Treon, JaShawn, Sy'Khila and....Artist. I never found out if Artist was a boy or a girl.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Yes, Hayden is a perfectly nice and normal name, and it is not a new name. Actually, no one in the thread has claimed that, IIRC.

Phlegmish posted:

?????????????????????????

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

However, the explosion of names ending in "-ayden" sounds over the past few years has put Hayden in with the rest of the lot. I've posted a few crazy ones, myself (Blayden, Rayden, etc.) and other goons have found similarly stupid permutations. I'm sorry you named your baby or your hamster or your RealDoll Hayden and are butthurt, but I think if you really examine your heart, you'll see that no one means any malice.

actually, i think you'll find that i was defending the honor of legendary Iowa Hawkeyes head coach Hayden Fry.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
I like the -adens better than the -sons, but that's just personal preference. I'll take a Jaden over a Jackson or a Greyson - or, worse yet, a Jaxen or a Greyzen - any day.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Kaidynson

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Oliver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Needs more apostrophes and random Hs. K'haydynson.