Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm actually insulted that CIG is so unprofessional that they would block me from submitting a support request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Any news on implementation of Star marine from your sources?
star marine is old hat

focus yourself now on sq42 and sc 3.0...don't dwell in the past

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Thats Professor Elemental, my dear Watson
What the hell happened to the other thread? Havent been around the last two weeks.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm actually insulted that CIG is so unprofessional that they would block me from submitting a support request.

You know what to do

Send your story off to every news agency, media outlet, and blogger that will listen

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

cool new Polack jokes posted:

"Personally if I were going to hate something for 8 years... it'd be the Jews":grin:

I see you've met INRI, the only gimmick account more boring than PCOS Bill.

He has a cool avatar tho.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sappo569 posted:

You know what to do

Send your story off to every news agency, media outlet, and blogger that will listen

I likely will if they don't respond, along with all the various agencies and the LA District Attorney.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

holy loving poo poo lol

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Has the holiday stream happened yet? Has Chris attempted to microwave his face and melt it to match his mushy voice?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I likely will if they don't respond, along with all the various agencies and the LA District Attorney.

I've followed all the SC threads from the humble beginnings when it was part of the Doobie saga (rip doobie), and you deserve to get back everything you put in with no further effort or expenditure of your time

It's high time someone took the big guns to them, and Derek seems to be 99% bark with no bite, even Streetroller only had people talking enough to get refunds (and how to obtain them easily)

The more media outlets that highlight CIG's rampant disregard for their customers and the never-ending (according to CIG) flow of cash, the better the chances are government agencies will take a good hard look at things

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

"Personally if I were going to hate something for 8 years... it'd be the Jews":grin:

On the other hand, I haven't hated anything for 8 years or even 8 seconds and would like to take this opportunity to also dissuade others from doing so and to call or visit their family instead

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

On the other hand, I haven't hated anything for 8 years or even 8 seconds and would like to take this opportunity to also dissuade others from doing so and to call or visit their family instead

But if you did, it would be Jews!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

But if you did, it would be Jews!

I'm not sure what gave you that idea

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

I'm not sure what gave you that idea
I'm not sure why you hate Jews so much but hating Jews is very uncool. Please don't do that. Thank you for your time.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

But hows that possible, it is run by the best marketer since she was a little girl, she won the 2015 award for courage for dealing with internet trolls.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

I think we broke er_door. RIP homie.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

Someone do a 10 for the chairman thingy, video style, i'll buy you and AV.

Has to be at least 9 minutes, 58 seconds long.

First come, first serve.

edit : pick the av too, otherwise i might just open the .jpeg folder of foulness of infinite destruction.

What sort of content? Like a fake project thing, lots of arm-waving and DREAMS?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I would like to see that very same poll taken today.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:ohdear: Looks like we are headed towards a Branson level event

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

if you put pineapple on a pizza you belong to the brown sea

Take it back. I swear I'll start cooking steaks well done for real if you don't.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kakarot posted:

There is no way dova will ever reach 10% on the Branson scale. That dude has 2 settings: shouting into the wind and, when somebody notices him, melting down.

quote:

You know I was gonna ignore this, but I just can't.

Treated like terrorist? What the loving hell is wrong with you? Where in that post is violence being encouraged? The only people that even bringing that up are people like yourself; which is disturbingly ironic to say the least. And here's the thing, you're advocating for the terrorising of people on this sub. Via mass surveillance, censoring, banning, naming and shaming etc. So who's the terrorist here? Cause no one else is coming close to what you're calling for. Goddamn I bet you're the kind of person who thinks Edward Snowden is a terrorist and the Patriot Act a god send. The kind of person who would have Glenn Greenwald locked up and as you've states this sub scrubbed. That's disgusting and you're shamefulness is on full display for all to see.

Willfully agitating the mentally ILL (fixed that for you) to violence? I, nor anyone else here, is not responsible for what others do. Sorry, but there's far worse sub's you can label that accusation at if you're so inclined, but here yet you come here. GTFO with all that.

Monitoring all of us? You're in conspiracy and you're pushing that kind of poo poo? Seriously? Like loving for real? First off, its already happening, and not just to us but to you too buttercup, and that's not a conspiracy that's cold hard fact. Secondly who the gently caress are you, Columbo? "I've flagged some of you myself". What!? Dude THATS CRAZY. Who the gently caress does that? Do you got a special folder with screen shots and a list of names to take to the authorities? Always wanted to be the big bad policeman but couldn't hack it or something? I don't know, and usually don't try to judge, but you strike me as the type. Wonder why that is?

Bunch of evil freaks? Yeah, once again then only one advocating anything close to violence is you and yours. Not anyone else. So what does that say about you?

As for conspiracy culture attracting then mentally I'll, okay, sure. So does psychiatry. So does law enforcement. Here is a list of the top professions for psychopaths: media, salesperson, surgeon, journalist, police officer, clergy person, chef, civil servant, CEO, lawyer. Weird, I don't see you at any of those related sub's yelling about how they attract the mentally Ill, and yet those are the highest likely professions to attract such. Hmmm. Strange.

Now, do us all a favor and leave. You clearly don't want to be here. So quit wasting your time, as I'm sure you'll save plenty not having to flag anyone. Maybe take up a hobby, something calming perhaps. It seems you need to take a step back. Either way, have a great day!

Okay, done, and I promise no more feeding the trolls. I just couldn't ignore this in good conscious.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
the aircraft carrier mocap was awful but it did induce me to go watch youtubes of carrier deck guys doing the real thing which are pretty neat

also the most realistic space fighter launch was, as with pretty much any other thing you could care to name, in babylon 5. in that they just dropped them out of the bottom of the ship.

because their ship was spinning for artificial gravity, so all you have to do is just let go and the fighter "falls" away.

weird how all the future spaceships with some kind of gravity generators need so much more complicated mechanisms.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Bolded for emphasis - whether or not the project falls under the technical definition of a "scam", what you said about misrepresentation hits the nail directly on the head. This project was, first and foremost, about what Chris Roberts wanted - and he wanted to make a movie/game in the vein of the very worst of what the CD-ROM 90's first generation had to offer. poo poo-tastic games that were littered with FMV cutscenes because the industry had no idea where it was going, and figured they're try to emulate movies. The industry matured and found a way for games to separate themselves from film, so both storytelling mediums have their own approach and their own art.

Chris does not give one flying gently caress. In his mind, one last FMV cutscene hellscape is his manifest destiny, and all that money he's taking is owed to him. That's why, despite taking money for a space game, one of the very first things he did, before even getting a functional engine, was blow it on big-name actors (and his participation-tropy-wife), enless motion-capture sessions, and one of the worst "scripts" ever to come to print. If the tree that became the paper that Chris printed his script on lived its earlier times crushing the chest of a hundred dying orphans alone in the forest, it was still doing less harm then than it is now as the carrier of his mental flotsam.

Chris pulled nothing more than a simple bait-and-switch: promise Second Life in space, deliver complete poo poo - poo poo he gets to define top to bottom based on what he wants - an ever-shifting mind-dump from a narcissistic manchild who feels 100% entitled to this cash, and feels no obligation whatsoever to deliver anything other than what he himself wants to deliver. So assuming anything at all is released by this sham of a company, you can rest assured it will be only the pieces Chris himself wants released. Once he has his backers' cash, as far as he's concerned, they can go gently caress themselves.

See also: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-creator-wishes-hed-explained-games-de/1100-6434856/

IMO The real weasel poo poo taking place is Chris conflating and selling the 'universe' as somehow a game. He is building an IP (the star citizen universe) which his FMV drek takes place in. This is why he will not stop promising poo poo it's because he's just pulling a universe out of his rear end in a top hat to build his god awful movie on. There is zero engineering debt because there is no MMO. He is here to create a billion dollar brand because through sheer force of will he knows he can.

The Lude is coming out next year and probably represents >80% of the expense of this farce. The PU is a loving sideshow being hacked together so they have a context to keep selling ships 4 god dam years into this mess. Whatever the gently caress
3.0 is will be another hacked together revenue protection play because the money required for Chris to deliver something that isn't a total humiliation is astronomical.

The fact that the customers are protecting the CEO from accountability for enormous financial waste of money THEY risked is poetry.

There is no MMO, there never has been an MMO. They are selling imaginary assets for a non game and are definitely receiving private financing and misrepresenting it with their fund tracker 'simulation'.

Post the blog Derekpost the blog please

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Watch the new call of duty lunch sequence.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I requested a refund.

What changed?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJsap-vZgiE&t=43s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJsap-vZgiE&t=70s

PROGRESS

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

No one pays the (((Banu))) any attention, that's how they get away with traveling from system to system poisoning gravity wells.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
3.0 will be the MVP and it will contain one system of the promised 100. Poetry

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I.N.R.I posted:

Personally if I was going to hate something online for 8 years it would be something like the technology industry's reliance on child slave labour for coltan farming in the DRC or the many and storied transgressions of any one of countless Jewish political and financial institutions instead of a computer game. Anyway, I'd like to use this post to remind everyone to call or visit their parents where possible. maintaining strong family bonds is something that we can use to reaffirm our perspectives regarding what's really important to us all in our short lives

I don't hate Star Citizen, just ask my Star Citizen banker, my Star Citizen doctor, my Star Citizen lawyer... some of my very best friend is Star Citizen

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

MeLKoR posted:

What changed?

He just needed the 5 man launch crew to guide his exit from the dumpster fire via their expertly mocapped hand signals.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

raise the titanic!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This guy is going to show up on Derek's door one day.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

trucutru posted:

I've seen better looking animations in 10 year-old student videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Colin's Bear always makes me laugh. :allears:

And those Kingdom Come guys? Total hacks. Cutting features? Where is their roadmap for those missing features? Can I get a team lead to promise me a unicorn if I back for 10,000 USD?

NO? I don't think they know anything about :gary:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Kakarot posted:

You mean Bronston...

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word
hello

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

is star citizen good yet

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

darkarchon posted:

is star citizen good yet

It won't be good 'til you can sex the fempilot

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Sandweed posted:

Watch the new call of duty lunch sequence.

I particularly liked the ham and lettuce sandwich scene.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

hello spacefriend star citizen is better than being thetan free.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

hello spacefriend star citizen is better than being thetan free.

o7 thank commndo u doing th e real dutay cannnt wait untilk gaem is rleassd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I.N.R.I posted:

You read all of it

I skimmed it and took in the vague message does this count as reading it all or not please reply quickly my parents are on hold tia