Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

He also explains literally nothing and I had to go and google game mechanics to figure out just what I was watching. So if you don't know anything about the game except it's reputation maybe find somebody else to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Agent355 posted:

He also explains literally nothing and I had to go and google game mechanics to figure out just what I was watching. So if you don't know anything about the game except it's reputation maybe find somebody else to watch.

Thing is,he's one of the few competent people who have played the series. Not many informative LP's of the series that I know of.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Agent355 posted:

Yeah, I'm liking his videos so far, but this is definitely an issue. I also wanted him to the series's extra levels and get into the story a little more.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Any good LPs of Arcanum; of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and/or Neverwinter Nights 2 that aren't on the LP Archive? Much as I love Lt. Danger's LP of NWN 2, I'd like to get a different perspective.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
I take it there's no FFXV LP yet?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aafter posted:

Check YouTube. I'm sure someone on there's already fifty episodes deep into their blind VLP of a 70 hour JRPG that literally came out one week ago.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I'm trying to find some new people/groups to subscribe to.

I'm having difficulties finding entertaining people anymore. I tend to prefer groups, I loved Giant Bomb a few years back and still do but just don't find them too funny anymore except for occasions. Northernlion is pretty good at times. Nerdcubed has his moments. The old group of Achievement Hunters were hilarious but I haven't found them as funny since they've grown so much.

Any suggestions?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Aafter posted:

I was going to do one but then I couldn't find any half-assed RPG Maker games called Final Fantasy XV. :smith:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Disappointing Pie posted:

I'm having difficulties finding entertaining people anymore. I tend to prefer groups, I loved Giant Bomb a few years back and still do but just don't find them too funny anymore except for occasions. Northernlion is pretty good at times. Nerdcubed has his moments. The old group of Achievement Hunters were hilarious but I haven't found them as funny since they've grown so much.

Any suggestions?

Two Best friends, Spoiler Warning, Tipping 40's, Kuvo's solo group work(yes is a thing), Tie Tuesday on occasion, and Future Friend's group of delightful idiots.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm gonna add TeamFourStar to that list as well. Not the weird in-character stuff, that's kind of awful at its best, mind you but the more casual stuff for sure.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm gonna add TeamFourStar to that list as well. Not the weird in-character stuff, that's kind of awful at its best, mind you but the more casual stuff for sure.

I find them mostly dick jokes so grains of salt

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Men Drinking Coffee are great and only do top notch games and streams.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Disappointing Pie posted:

Any suggestions?

Men Drinking Coffee are the funniest people on LP right now

Mega64
May 23, 2008

They haven't posted a lot of stuff on here lately, but pretty much everything is on their Youtube channel and is worth watching.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwW8OKakKlA

Narrative video lets play of Total War: Warhammer as Prince Sigvald the Magnificent, splendid and spectacular servant of Slaanesh, with musical numbers and sing-alongs.

This thing has no right to be good, yet it somehow is.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Nthing on the Men Drinking Coffee and their hilarity.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aafter posted:

Speaking of the culmination of the last few posts, topiKal and Kuvo has started a Final Fantasy XV LP! It's a pre-Christmas miracle!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Speaking of the culmination of the last few posts, topiKal and Kuvo has started a Final Fantasy XV LP! It's a pre-Christmas miracle!
Slowbeef is planning on streaming it with his wife sometime tonight, as well

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Also Genocyber is about 20 episodes into an LP of it on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_xcY7UW0c

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

And when I say "streaming it", I mean "argue about how good their internet is while they wait for the massive day one patch to download"

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

And when I say "streaming it", I mean "argue about how good their internet is while they wait for the massive day one patch to download"

It wouldn't be an authentic Final Fantasy XV experience if it wasn't delayed in some way.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

this is agood post thank you

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Nihilarian posted:

So who will be worse at the game: ex-Tipping 40's in a drunken stupor, or Slowbeef while holding two kids?

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Jade Star's Xcom 2 LP seems pretty good but I was wondering if there are any other good Xcom 2 LPs specifically with a solo LPer that goes really into detail about nerdy gameplay stuff (and not so much lore/story/art).

I seem to recall there was a none-goon Xcom guy on youtube who was basically godlike at the games strategically.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Powerfrog posted:

Jade Star's Xcom 2 LP seems pretty good but I was wondering if there are any other good Xcom 2 LPs specifically with a solo LPer that goes really into detail about nerdy gameplay stuff (and not so much lore/story/art).

I seem to recall there was a none-goon Xcom guy on youtube who was basically godlike at the games strategically.

That would be Beaglerush and you are correct. He's just now finishing up XCOM 2.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
P. sure Beags does in fact have an account here, but he's not posting in LP.

Also he's amazing, not just at playing XCOM, but at the whole making it entertaining thing, too. His joy in interacting with the game and its troops is infectious, and makes you care about these dumb guerilla pixelmen a lot.

edit: Here he is.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 11, 2016

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Also lemme post in here to say thanks for getting my attention back towards Beaglerush resuming his XCOM2 playthrough. It's intensely entertaining, which is surprising since it's 30 minutes of solo commentary over like 8 strategy game moves with little changes between missions. He's just so enthusiastic about the game, and having fun with it. I dunno, you rarely see that nowadays.

"I love alien murder. I just love ayy murder, I love it so much."
- Beaglerush, 2016

*25 seconds later, maniacally laughs while tearing down entire buildings to crush the enemies inside*

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 12, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mega64 posted:

They haven't posted a lot of stuff on here lately, but pretty much everything is on their Youtube channel and is worth watching.

I was just coming here to say that everyone ought to get in on the ground-ish floor of their Watch_Dogs_2 LP which just started going up a few days ago, it's already had some great moments so far especially after Diaper Chris found out you can buy a taunt function for the deployable drone car.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I have to agree. They escaped from their most recent caper in a scissor lift at 5mph max, which apparently cannot be detected by the police. This is some great MDC.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Any good let's plays of Alien vs Predator 2 and Aliens vs Predator on the net?

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Thanks for the help finding an LP for FFXV. It's finally a game that i really don't want to play but i really want to watch. Seems like a good time to also get into LPs.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
So, apparently what I'm craving right now in an LP is sweet, sweet mechanics chat. Just finished reading through a FFII LP that did a lot of explaining of its obtuse stat and skill progression system and ways to break the game over your knee, and I'm looking for more.

Other LPs I've enjoyed in that vein are TooMuchAbstraction's Angband LP (here's an intimidating game; here's how you play it well); all of Melth's stuff (here is how you tactically powergame to overcome absurdly difficult self-imposed challenges, with lots and lots of in-depth mechanics and tactics chat); and the Wizardry IV LP on the archive (this game is loving unfair; here is all the poo poo you have to do to beat it anyway).

Any suggestions?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dr Pepper's low-level run of Final Fantasy V might be up your alley.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Princey posted:

So, apparently what I'm craving right now in an LP is sweet, sweet mechanics chat. Just finished reading through a FFII LP that did a lot of explaining of its obtuse stat and skill progression system and ways to break the game over your knee, and I'm looking for more.

Other LPs I've enjoyed in that vein are TooMuchAbstraction's Angband LP (here's an intimidating game; here's how you play it well); all of Melth's stuff (here is how you tactically powergame to overcome absurdly difficult self-imposed challenges, with lots and lots of in-depth mechanics and tactics chat); and the Wizardry IV LP on the archive (this game is loving unfair; here is all the poo poo you have to do to beat it anyway).

Any suggestions?

you may enjoy Orange Fluffy Sheep's FF Tactics and Digimon World LPs

it doesn't get more obtuse than needing to have a friend look at the game's source code to let you know what's going on

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Dr Pepper's low-level run of Final Fantasy V might be up your alley.

morallyobjected posted:

you may enjoy Orange Fluffy Sheep's FF Tactics and Digimon World LPs

it doesn't get more obtuse than needing to have a friend look at the game's source code to let you know what's going on

Reporting in to say I've read and enjoyed the FFV and Digimon World LPs and will probably start in on FFT soon. Thanks!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Princey posted:

Reporting in to say I've read and enjoyed the FFV and Digimon World LPs and will probably start in on FFT soon. Thanks!

Add the FFTA one to the list while you're at it.

Hell, all of OFS's LPs in general should fill what you're looking for.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Any good lp's done for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Mostly looking for someone who knows what they're doing cruising through the plot in an order that makes sense, commentary is fine so long as it isn't half an hour over a simple puzzle kind of thing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ArbitraryC posted:

Any good lp's done for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward? Mostly looking for someone who knows what they're doing cruising through the plot in an order that makes sense, commentary is fine so long as it isn't half an hour over a simple puzzle kind of thing.

Not a completed one, at any rate... :negative:

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

What does the thread recommend for a Dark Souls 3 VLP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

IGgy IGsen's one is really good, as usual. No link, but YouTube it.