Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Was pudding's plan to loving murder all the Vinsmokes for Sanji?

That's a totally reasonable guess. Option B is that she got herself into trouble as part of her plan to wreck the marriage, and Reiju decided to keep up her 'sibling of the year' award streak by trying to help her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I believe in the Soul King and his cat man.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I think Big Mom can do more to Brook than you all seem to think. Just because he can manipulate souls placed in foreign bodies doesn't mean he will have the same effect on the one moving the souls.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

There's a chance Brook already has what he needs. Being captured is fine if he can smuggle it out without detection.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
They'll never think to look in the ol brain box.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hopefully brook gets to do something hella cool

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

anime was right posted:

hopefully brook gets to do something hella cool

He did something hella cool this chapter!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Not really. He did something cool last chapter alright, this one not so much. Hopefully next one he gets more cool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has brook ever possessed anything/one? him learning whats needed and transferring his own soul while big mam gets his skeleton for her collection until the end of the arc might be cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

has brook ever possessed anything/one? him learning whats needed and transferring his own soul while big mam gets his skeleton for her collection until the end of the arc might be cool

i could see that happening, yeah.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm prepping myself for a double dose of Enel face when the 2 people who's powers won't work on Brook go up against him.
In the end they will probably still overpower him by brute strength alone. But the first 2 attacks will be amazing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pedro looks like he's engaged in a round of Dark Souls 3 pvp

Is this the first time that both pieces of fanart are good?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Love that teapot on the first page

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy toof status: i guess we'll find out in 2 weeks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also that random guy is talking about eggplants. which is zeff's nickname for sanji.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

anime was right posted:

also that random guy is talking about eggplants. which is zeff's nickname for sanji.

So the year of Sanji is actually a 50 or so issue build up to a rage explosion.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I doubt pudding is evil, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if her sense of "right and wrong" is at least a little bit cracked.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Big Mom could have set up the Germa Kingdom marrying one of her most deadliest daughters in case for insurance if they ever step out of line. Someone strong enough to defeat the Eyebrow siblings

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Big Mom could have set up the Germa Kingdom marrying one of her most deadliest daughters in case for insurance if they ever step out of line. Someone strong enough to defeat the Eyebrow siblings

It's theoretically possible, but that's a hefty opportunity cost. Think of all the other things such a daughter would be able to do instead.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Personally I like to think the Germa have a highly inflated sense of their own worth and power. Sanji could/will stomp them all by himself, there's lots of people they can't handle. Being the hereditary nobility of North Blue ain't poo poo in the Grand Line, let alone in the deep end of the New World.

So Pudding is actually one of the weakest of Big Mom's kids, but she can still kill Germa without breaking a sweat.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gyges posted:

Personally I like to think the Germa have a highly inflated sense of their own worth and power. Sanji could/will stomp them all by himself, there's lots of people they can't handle. Being the hereditary nobility of North Blue ain't poo poo in the Grand Line, let alone in the deep end of the New World.

So Pudding is actually one of the weakest of Big Mom's kids, but she can still kill Germa without breaking a sweat.

I like this theory.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Why would Big Mom go out of her way for an alliance like that?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ubiquitus posted:

Why would Big Mom go out of her way for an alliance like that?

Just because the Germa are weak doesn't mean they aren't useful. They have strong political ties throughout the world, and also a cloning program, and Big Mom cares a lot about both of those things.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What the gently caress has Caesar been up to? They got him shackled at a lab working on another failed giantism serum?

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

Parrotine posted:

What the gently caress has Caesar been up to? They got him shackled at a lab working on another failed giantism serum?

Probably sea-hookers and blow, again.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm pretty sure the scenes of Big Mama forcing Caeser straight back into the lab weren't a flashback

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Big Mum is going to try to use her powers and take Brook's life force and it will accomplish absolutely nothing. It's gonna be great. :allears:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Wild prediction: For whatever reason Big Mm will accidentaly infuse Brook's hummingbird sword with a soul that he will live with for the rest of the series

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Wild prediction: For whatever reason Big Mm will accidentaly infuse Brook's hummingbird sword with a soul that he will live with for the rest of the series

Funkfreed is the only sentient sword this manga needs.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Just because the Germa are weak doesn't mean they aren't useful. They have strong political ties throughout the world, and also a cloning program, and Big Mom cares a lot about both of those things.

So you're saying Oda wasted innumerable panels setting up the Germa as a strong force and a major player only to turn them around as a plot device for Big Mom to use in the future at some unknown point? The only time in the story that Oda has allowed Luffy to fail was when it was useful to bump his power level, and that was precipitated by great loss. The SHs losing significant crew members here to advance some greater plot line doesn't seem likely, I don't see how that theory would be plausible.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ubiquitus posted:

So you're saying Oda wasted innumerable panels setting up the Germa as a strong force and a major player only to turn them around as a plot device for Big Mom to use in the future at some unknown point? The only time in the story that Oda has allowed Luffy to fail was when it was useful to bump his power level, and that was precipitated by great loss. The SHs losing significant crew members here to advance some greater plot line doesn't seem likely, I don't see how that theory would be plausible.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I don't think there is a greater plotline. Germa and Big Mom won't be relevant after this arc because Luffy will have destroyed them.

Germa are strong - as a surprise military force, as scientists, as political players in the world. These are all things Big Mom values. I was giving a reason for why Big Mom would value the even though Germa they aren't as strong as New World factions, and that's all. Because its a fact that she values the Germa a lot, otherwise this marriage wouldn't be such a big deal.

But none of the strengths the Germa have put them on the level of Luffy or Sanji, the strongest two members of the Strawhats in Totland, and they're going to be destroyed here as if they were nobodies, because in the grand scheme of things, they are not important. Big Mom values the Germa, but she values them for reasons Luffy and the Strawhats do not care about at all, so they're going to be irrelevant after this all comes crashing down.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 9, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont think that Luffy is going to beat big mom this arc.
Though the germa are going to get violent facial reconstructive trauma.
But they are both going to learn a deeply painful lesson on why not to treat family and friends like pawns.

Honestly though I hope this arc closes out with Sanji calling a monumentally pissed off big mom as Mr. Prince. Just to further piss her off.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 9, 2016

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
man sometimes u guys sound like u have no idea what shonen manga is. the germa big boys are not going to be weaklings comparatively or otherwise. they'll be very strong in their own right, i will bet one billion dollars that the situation is not "pudding, weakest daughter of the big mom crew, is stronger than all of the germa top brass"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Doflamingo wasn't secretly weak and neither is Germa.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pudding being stronger than all the Germa guys would be dumb. Maybe she got in a sneak attack on Sanji's sister or something but if genetically engineered super villains aren't incredibly tough that would be really lame.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I concede that it is unlikely Pudding isn't strong enough to defeat the Germa Tykebombs

But Nitro The Jelly is another story

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Nitro is definitely more important than what is currently alluded to.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont think that Luffy is going to beat big mom this arc.
Though the germa are going to get violent facial reconstructive trauma.
But they are both going to learn a deeply painful lesson on why not to treat family and friends like pawns.

Honestly though I hope this arc closes out with Sanji calling a monumentally pissed off big mom as Mr. Prince. Just to further piss her off.

If the arc doesn't end with Big Mom beaten up by Luffy, it ends with her holding her tea party grousing about how much she is totally above the damage that the Strawhat wrecking ball caused. Then she'll bring out the centerpiece for this tea party, the treasure chest from Fishman Island. Hopefully there will be some sort of explosive pun about how excited she is to open it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Does Nitro have part of Capone's soul inside him? It could just be coincidence that they have similar headwear of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Germa are definitely weaker than any of the other named players in this arc outside the Namis. The only reason they've managed to get as far as they have right now is that they're keeping Sanji from going sickhouse via hostages. Once that restraint is gone he's going to wreck them, because they're the dickhole schemy type of enemy. They're not a warlord type enemy.

Remember they're entitled world nobles who could be living on Marijos with the other fishbowl assholes if they wanted. They always write checks their rear end can't cash.