Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I had a really old dude with very skinny, cold, bony digits probe just the tip of my rectum.

Yup.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
They just looked at our buttholes. How do you get the VIP treatment!?!

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

They just looked at our buttholes. How do you get the VIP treatment!?!

I got the full Dr. Jellyfinger treatment at MEPS in 2002. Is the entrance exam different for officers vs. enlisted?

MR PRESIDENT WE MUST NOT ALLOW A SQUEAKHOLE GAP

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

buttplug posted:

If you scroll up in the thread I'm p sure he said he was going to OCS. And he would swear in with his recruiter, not while sitting at MEPS.

Can confirm that I had a black female doctor probe my shitter with her finger.

Sorry I am bad at reading and misunderstood.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
My butthole barely got a glance in MEPS. I have butthole confidence issues now.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I was enlsted trash and not subject to a complete O-ring inspection.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Got sworn in, mom was able to come and snap a couple nice pictures for herself! Super pumped to go freeze my rear end off in Rhode Island next month!

If we're talking about MEPS probings, I got the cool old doc who just gave me a quick glance, then talked about football for twenty minutes, not much probing in the end.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I think.... it was my age. Maybe us older assholes get a second look, 37 at the time.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Got sworn in, mom was able to come and snap a couple nice pictures for herself! Super pumped to go freeze my rear end off in Rhode Island next month!

Enjoy shoveling snow in PT sweats at 2 am and running 25 laps around the basketball court in the gymnasium for your PRT.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

buttplug posted:

If you scroll up in the thread I'm p sure he said he was going to OCS. And he would swear in with his recruiter, not while sitting at MEPS.

Can confirm that I had a black female doctor probe my shitter with her finger.

I swore in at MEPS prior to AF OTS. I didn't have my family there because I knew the one that mattered was afterwards.

Edit: The old man just took a peek at my b-hole.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

My most memorable experience at meps was looking at the trophy case filled with framed articles of cops cracking hippie skulls during the draft protests.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Godholio posted:

I swore in at MEPS prior to AF OTS. I didn't have my family there because I knew the one that mattered was afterwards.

Edit: The old man just took a peek at my b-hole.

Everybody I know [that went to Navy OCS] did it with their respective recruiter.

Random question: who gets all of the PO1s and PO2s together and teaches them how to concoct their lovely 30-line signature blocks, complete with listing out all of their useless IT certifications and their Associate's from UMUC in General Studies? Serious question...it looks so, so loving stupid.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Got sworn in, mom was able to come and snap a couple nice pictures for herself! Super pumped to go freeze my rear end off in Rhode Island next month!

If we're talking about MEPS probings, I got the cool old doc who just gave me a quick glance, then talked about football for twenty minutes, not much probing in the end.

Newport is a beautiful city with a ton of stuff to do...in the summer...when it's warm out.

In the winter it is a cold, lonely, desolate, shithole and you will be miserable for the next 3 months. But remember, it's temporary! Don't DOR.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 8, 2016

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

buttplug posted:

Everybody I know [that went to Navy OCS] did it with their respective recruiter.

I might've been an outlier...my recruiter actually retired in the middle of my application process and my case was transferred to a recruiter 3 states away. Given the option I'd have had her (the one who retired) do it, so maybe that is the norm. But MEPS had a nice little room with flags and wood paneling and poo poo, so it was a solid photo op for the guys that brought their families.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

I might've been an outlier...my recruiter actually retired in the middle of my application process and my case was transferred to a recruiter 3 states away. Given the option I'd have had her (the one who retired) do it, so maybe that is the norm. But MEPS had a nice little room with flags and wood paneling and poo poo, so it was a solid photo op for the guys that brought their families.

Are we still talking about butthole fingering?

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

hogmartin posted:

Are we still talking about butthole fingering?

:circlefap:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

buttplug posted:

Everybody I know [that went to Navy OCS] did it with their respective recruiter.

Random question: who gets all of the PO1s and PO2s together and teaches them how to concoct their lovely 30-line signature blocks, complete with listing out all of their useless IT certifications and their Associate's from UMUC in General Studies? Serious question...it looks so, so loving stupid.

CPO365

Don't forget about the Bible verses and famous quotes from [person]

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hogmartin posted:

Are we still talking about butthole fingering?

That and the swearing in, I guess, yeah.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Vriess posted:

CPO365

Don't forget about the Bible verses and famous quotes from [person]

I know it sounds like I'm making a joke...but I was actually semi-seriously asking that question... Is this legit something that is getting passed around amongst e-dawgz? Nobody cares that you have an associate's degree, what IT certs you have, or your 11 bullshit collateral duties. Save that dumb poo poo for your evals.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

buttplug posted:

I know it sounds like I'm making a joke...but I was actually semi-seriously asking that question... Is this legit something that is getting passed around amongst e-dawgz? Nobody cares that you have an associate's degree, what IT certs you have, or your 11 bullshit collateral duties. Save that dumb poo poo for your evals.

Are you that disconnected? It's been a stereotype and bitched about since forever.

I believe it's a stereotype for any lovely worthless job where people try to make themselves sound important.

Juinor Os are just as guilty.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Are you that disconnected? It's been a stereotype and bitched about since forever.

I believe it's a stereotype for any lovely worthless job where people try to make themselves sound important.

Juinor Os are just as guilty.

Nah I get that, I just happened to see the longest, most ridiculous signature block ever today (36 lines) so it was fresh on my mind.

And the JOs who are "just as guilty" are usually prior enlisted cats who carried that dumb poo poo with them from their e days. Even then, I've never seen another officer list their college degrees in their signature block.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 9, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

buttplug posted:

Nah I get that, I just happened to see the longest, most ridiculous signature block ever today (36 lines) so it was fresh on my mind.

And the JOs who are "just as guilty" are usually prior enlisted cats who carried that dumb poo poo with them from their e days. Even then, I've never seen another officer list their college degrees in their signature block.

I had a marine major I worked for one time that demanded that I have a full signature block on any email that I sent out while I was enlisted. I started including gaudy and larger and larger quotes as a result and made it monstrous.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had a marine major I worked for one time that demanded that I have a full signature block on any email that I sent out while I was enlisted. I started including gaudy and larger and larger quotes as a result and made it monstrous.

Name, rank, job title, email(s), phone(s). Everything else is loving stupid. If you're important, the motherfucker emailing you already knows beforehand.

I saw a civilian secretary today with an embedded, tiled background in her email. Isn't it 20-loving-17?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL YOU MUST DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
R/ V/r

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Is what I used for people I didn't actually respect.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
After I commissioned i just signed everything either "sincerely" or "thanks" and that was it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mr. Nice! posted:

After I commissioned i just signed everything either "sincerely" or "thanks" and that was it.

I do that as an enlisted dude, I don't think the people I work with daily are going to think I am slighting them when I shoot over the people who failed at basic tasks update. Save the pomp and v/r for contacting people you don't know

Hell I think they're more thrown that I'm a junior guy who uses my work email regularly

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I've actually never had a signature block. Generally just type po# name. A phone number if they need to call me. It's contextual.

I'll never make chief and get into the tree fort without more Jesus quotes tho.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I just completed my C school and have 7 days left on my orders. Went to go check into holding and they rejected me saying to just go home. Of course i can't alter my tickets in DTS without my orders being altered (which will take more than a week I'm sure) so I'm a reservist with no master now. Contacted my command and kicking back for now.

:confuoot:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
To: you@SA.mil
From: pil@SA.mil
Subject: CASREP 10001 Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine Sprays Lava is due

nt
V/R,
P.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

ded posted:

IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL YOU MUST DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY

NAME
TITLE
CERTIFICATIONS
STATION
PHONE
NIPR
ADDRESS

" This signature line and my digital signature is the equivalent of a hard copy signature, serving to authenticate that I have the authority to send this e-mail and to indicate I have consciously decided that it should have the same legal authority normally accorded to an actual hard copy signature.

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY - Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, applies. This email may contain information that must be protected in accordance with 5 U.S.C.s 552a, as implemented within the DoD by 32 C.F.R. Part 310 and DoD 5400.11R and with the Department of the Navy by SECNAVINST 5211.5D."

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
WHERE IS YOUR BIBLE VERSE

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
my signature line is nothing. my name is already on the stupid email, and you're going to scan the first sentence of it anways.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

WHERE IS YOUR BIBLE VERSE

Exodus 22:19 - Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
:barf: Ugh, dependas.

Thronde fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 9, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

More like "oooooh no what have done with my life...."

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Thronde posted:

:barf: Ugh, dependas.

I don't think we're allowed to use that word anymore because it's bullying.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't think we're allowed to use that word anymore because it's bullying.

who the hell ever said that?

that game was BS but the army only barely won against our 3rd string qb...

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Godholio posted:

I'll just chime in that buying an O-3mobile is way more rewarding than O-1mobile.

my E4 mobile was a Porsche Boxster S, my E5 mobile is a 911. Whats an 01 mobile like?

Arione fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 11, 2016

  • Locked thread