Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
People are going to say you should have started Gabriel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Keith Atherton posted:

Super competitive league and the alternatives out there are the likes of Terrance West, Pierre Garcon, Taylor Gabriel, and Justin Forsett

I have Bilal Powell on my bench but I trust him even less than Crowell

Cincinnati has a bad run D too :shrug:

You should've started Tyreek over all those guys

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Ok here is my team

Jaquizz Rogers and Gabriel are available as well. I have Doug Martin which complicates the Rogers thing. Seriously if I'm missing something I would appreciate the advice.

Edit: ^^^^ Can't fix that now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Keith Atherton posted:

Ok here is my team

Jaquizz Rogers and Gabriel are available as well. I have Doug Martin which complicates the Rogers thing. Seriously if I'm missing something I would appreciate the advice.

Edit: ^^^^ Can't fix that now

Eh, even with hindsight I don't see any compelling reason to sit Tyreek for Crowell. Hill's been on a hot streak and clearly has Alex Smith's trust, Crowell has been trash since September and I don't trust anyone on the Browns outside of Pryor.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Benne posted:

Eh, even with hindsight I don't see any compelling reason to sit Tyreek for Crowell. Hill's been on a hot streak and clearly has Alex Smith's trust, Crowell has been trash since September and I don't trust anyone on the Browns outside of Pryor.

Made the decision based on Alex Smith+sub freezing temperatures+Thursday night+Fantasy Pros rankings

Luckily my opponent this week who is tied with me in wins started Carr over Dak Prescott so it might not be a costly mistake

Edit: She also started Crabtree. Need KC to burn a lot of time

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I regret trading away Kelce.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Keith Atherton posted:

Made the decision based on Alex Smith+sub freezing temperatures+Thursday night+Fantasy Pros rankings

Luckily my opponent this week who is tied with me in wins started Carr over Dak Prescott so it might not be a costly mistake

Edit: She also started Crabtree. Need KC to burn a lot of time

That's totally fair, I was also fading the Chiefs offense in bad weather but I liked Tyreek's big-play ability too much to sit him.

E: Also my other options were Allen Robinson (vs. MIN) and Jeremy Maclin (barely did anything before the injury, why should that change now).

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 9, 2016

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Benne posted:

That's totally fair, I was also fading the Chiefs offense in bad weather but I liked Tyreek's big-play ability too much to sit him.

E: Also my other options were Allen Robinson (vs. MIN) and Jeremy Maclin (barely did anything before the injury, why should that change now).

Also we do not get points for kick return points or yards in my league so not terrible so far sitting Tyreek

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Keith Atherton posted:

Also we do not get points for kick return points or yards in my league so not terrible so far sitting Tyreek

You might still win because of the raiders offense fiasco but that was not a good idea to go crowell over tyreek, like at all.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Thank you to all the people who played Carr on Thursday, away, in the cold, vs the Chiefs defense. It was greatly appreciated by everyone else.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I sat him last minute and started Stafford thanks to the thread scaring me.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Dammit Hill I knew I should have stuck with you, but I went with the floor of Thielen instead because it is thursday. Well, poo poo, that was dumb

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Benched Hill for Tyrell Williams....welp.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

RBX posted:

I sat him last minute and started Stafford thanks to the thread scaring me.

Same, benched him for Dalton. So that's one bullet dodged, but I'm not super comfortable with what the Red Rifle's packing either.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I played Hill because I forgot there was a football game on but I would have played him anyways!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I hate when I listen to the consensus and not my gut. My gut is always right. I just have to hope Seattle can do to Rodgers what the Chiefs did to Carr.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Sataere posted:

I hate when I listen to the consensus and not my gut. My gut is always right. I just have to hope Seattle can do to Rodgers what the Chiefs did to Carr.

I was just telling my coworker that all day Monday and Tuesday. I had a gut feeling about Korey Toomer three weeks ago, didn't pick him up and he's gone off. Had a gut feeling about Dez and Rawls last week, benched them both. Told him early this week I would never ignore my gut again. Well, I had a gut feeling about Tyreek Hill this week but let the lowered offensive snap count last week coupled with Maclin returning override my Heart. The brain is an rear end in a top hat, always listen to your heart.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

IcePhoenix posted:

I played Hill because I forgot there was a football game on but I would have played him anyways!

Yea i sat him in one league and forgot to sit him in the other so that worked out. Also that league counts return yards :slick:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Thanks Cooper for doing very little for me yesterday. :smith:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Thanks Cooper for doing very little for me yesterday. :smith:

:yossame:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm on BYE. ...in the consolation bracket. So my starting Crabtree didn't matter! Yay!

:sigh:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Sano officially out and Julio looks like he's going to be a true game-time decision.

Feeling a little better about sitting Hill for Gabriel. But only a little.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

decypher posted:

I was just telling my coworker that all day Monday and Tuesday. I had a gut feeling about Korey Toomer three weeks ago, didn't pick him up and he's gone off. Had a gut feeling about Dez and Rawls last week, benched them both. Told him early this week I would never ignore my gut again. Well, I had a gut feeling about Tyreek Hill this week but let the lowered offensive snap count last week coupled with Maclin returning override my Heart. The brain is an rear end in a top hat, always listen to your heart.

Sure, but it's also very easy to only remember gut feelings you ignored that would've worked out, and forget all the awful gut feelings you didn't act on.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's face it guys.

It was more likely that Hill didn't do jack poo poo and the rest of us would have been LOL Don't play a player on Thursday's/Maclin is back/less offensive snaps/THURSDAY GAME.

I've got playoffs on the line. Hill seemed too risky this week. My heart said Tyrell Williams. He is my secret playoffs weapon.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i was already playing Spencer Wares bum rear end so i was looking for any reason not to have 2 players going on Thursday

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is there a survivor thread? I'm making GBS threads myself with my choices this weekend.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Heads up dudes.

Green Bay is expecting 5-9" of snow and 15 MPH of wind on game day.

I might sit Jordy for Crowder.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Welp Carr and Ware just lost me first round of playoffs. Godspeed gentlemen .

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just realized I planned my roster super hard around week 13 matchups not realizing that my playoffs started week 14

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

89 posted:

Heads up dudes.

Yessss. One of my opponents is a Seahawks homer and is starting Rawls, Graham, Baldwin, and Hauschka, as well as Jordy and SEA DST. And Carr is his QB...

...I'm surely going to lose by .1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Just remember guys, you never know in fantasy. Sure wins and losses from Thursday are often subverted. May the fantasy gods be kind.

Of course, I'm starting Rodgers in the league that matters so...yikes. Despite the snow I simply cannot start Wentz or Kaep over him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

89 posted:

Heads up dudes.

Ugh.

I have Rodgers and opponent has Jordy. I'll wait until closer to game time, but would y'all drop Tyler Boyd for Eli and start him against Dallas instead? I'm the OBJ owner.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Julio is gonna be a decoy at best according to a report on sleeperbot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Taylor Gabriel is about to get stress tested real hard

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Given the news about GB's weather situation, I'm feeling more confident that I'll sit Rodgers for Rivers, but for replacing Jordy, my options are Sterling Shepard, Cameron Merideth, and Corey Coleman, and I can't say I'm really secure in any of these guys.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Good thread title

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RBX posted:

Julio is gonna be a decoy at best according to a report on sleeperbot.

Apparently the guy who said that has said poo poo like this for weeks and isn't reliable. Apparently said Matt Ryan was on a short leash a couple of weeks ago after throwing an INT

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Better bet for standard league value in weeks 15 and 16: Sims (@Dal, @NO) or Forsett (NE, @KC)?

I have Martin and added Sims last week, but with how bad Booker has been, will the Kubiak reunion produce a fantasy bonanza??

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Popero posted:

Better bet for standard league value in weeks 15 and 16: Sims (@Dal, @NO) or Forsett (NE, @KC)?

I have Martin and added Sims last week, but with how bad Booker has been, will the Kubiak reunion produce a fantasy bonanza??
Honestly, I'm leaning Forsett. Smaller RB committee and he has fresh legs whereas Sims is coming back from an injury and could find himself in a three-way committee with Jacquizz Rodgers included. Denver's desperation to add Forsett intrigues me. If he can still do the things that Kubiak likes, they could rely on him a lot in their remaining games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

89 posted:

Apparently the guy who said that has said poo poo like this for weeks and isn't reliable. Apparently said Matt Ryan was on a short leash a couple of weeks ago after throwing an INT

gently caress Julio has given me so much trouble this year i'd rather have OBJ or Evans.

• Locked thread