Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so i got an animated lord atomy card

is this guy actually any good or should i just dust him

General Morden fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

so i got an animated lord atomy card

is this guy actually any good or should i just dust him

Currently he's only good for gimmicky decks. lovely ones. But this could change with the new expansion. So wait a bit and if there is nothing new that makes him useful then dust the sucker.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

trucutru posted:

Currently he's only good for gimmicky decks. lovely ones. But this could change with the new expansion. So wait a bit and if there is nothing new that makes him useful then dust the sucker.

Speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/806808570796724224

It summons ghosts! Which theoretically makes Atomy better.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I got the dream turn 3 Lord Atomy once in take two. I got 8 face damage before getting dance of death turn 5 and lost the game afterwards. Went 1-4 when I could have got more wins if I drafted Cerberus + Death's Breath over Lord Atomy + Wight King.

I had the 5-0 Take Two near constructed Dragon deck dream of two Fortes, two Dragon Warriors, two Mushuses, Wyvern Cavalier, and Dragonnewt Scholar. However 4 games I went first against Sword/Haven that drafted two florals/two cudgels, and two Arias. It just reminds me how I hate that game mode.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGgaHP1LTSA

Hey I finally escaped processing hell. I'm sure some of you will spot lines of play and/or mistakes that I didn't, but that's why we do this, right?

A thing that comes up a couple times is I say that people play Sword lists that are weirdly off meta and make no goddamn sense and it can be tricky to play around them. That's based on personal experience but I've seen it a lot. I think both the lists I run into here are not too weird but it can take time to get a read on them because I haven't seen a straight meta list of any of its types in weeks.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 8, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
someone on the reddit made legend recently with a 3x mentor's teachings list. I feel vindicated.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!

shoc77 posted:

So I've finally escaped newbie land and reached the halcyon of elite rank play that is B1.

Problem is I'm seeing a lot more optimised decks and a butt load of elana havens.

What is the best counter towards that meta?

The best decks I currently have is probably sword (1 Otomeme, 1 aurelia and 1 tsubaki) and dragon(3 fortes) and even these two don't see fast enough as usually, my early minions get unritual banished, followed by consecutive waves of thermis decrees denying me any semblance of board presence and eventually negating my previous damage done by playing a butt ton of healing cards.

I reached A rank with pretty much just banner sword. Ignore mobs and go face, splash the aurelia in for mirrors. I then bought the haven orly bird and climbed up more. If you see more complicated decks, go simple and numbers will even out in your favor. I wouldn't try midrange sword with your cards so far, or even any dragon if you're serious about playing the odds at B+ though.

Remember heal haven is pretty slow so you can get almost all your damage in before they start buffing their mobs and then you can round it off with banner or sage commander or wind god if you have em.

My personal experience climbing through A ranks now is that stormhaven is the best if you have a good draw, followed closely by the seraph elana haven (but you'll get screwed 8/10 times by dshifters).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

someone on the reddit made legend recently with a 3x mentor's teachings list. I feel vindicated.

Was mentor''s teachings considered a bad card? Sure it's not exciting in any way, but it's cheap damage that cycles. Hard to argue with that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

inthesto posted:

Was mentor''s teachings considered a bad card? Sure it's not exciting in any way, but it's cheap damage that cycles. Hard to argue with that.
No, it's just in one of my first posts in this thread I wondered why it wasnt a ladder staple

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Huh, that's new. I was beating some guy in TT and he just passed his last turn and apparently DCed; I got the 90 second countdown afterwards and all. But after said countdown the game just sat there perpetually loading. After 15 minutes I closed it out and restarted, and apparently the game didn't count at all as either loss or win. I know there's some DC exploit out there if you do it at the right time but I thought that was supposed to give you a win, not nothing?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So yeah, about that Nephthys

quote:

Valor 6 pp 3/6 (Shadow)

Bane, Last word: do 3 to all enemy followers.

She's also a nuke now.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
What? Where do you even see that

All 108 cards are finished and they're just releasing the sneak peeks for them slowly across different sources

Anyway sword's legendary has been revealed

Albert 5pp 3/5, evolved 5/7, Commander

Storm, and has a Enhance 9 effect of attacking twice in one turn and taking no damage during his turn :shittypop:

The Enhance imo is good but whatever, more importantly is that sword has another storm card and it's 3 damage for 5 mana. Atleast it's a commander

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

sword has another storm card and it's 3 damage for 5 mana. Atleast it's a commander

So after taking back the game, they're gonna 7 me out of hand on turn 7 with him and Centaur Lancer. Hell.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What? Where do you even see that

All 108 cards are finished and they're just releasing the sneak peeks for them slowly across different sources

Anyway sword's legendary has been revealed

Albert 5pp 3/5, evolved 5/7, Commander

Storm, and has a Enhance 9 effect of attacking twice in one turn and taking no damage during his turn :shittypop:

The Enhance imo is good but whatever, more importantly is that sword has another storm card and it's 3 damage for 5 mana. Atleast it's a commander

Reddit has like 10 new cards posted. Including a neutral 0/2 for 2pp that gains as much attack as the strongest enemy minion +1. Doesn't Haven get a card that gives a minion storm?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5h6x9l/8_new_rise_of_bahamut_card_revealed/

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 8, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh I see, I thought you were saying her card has been changed but I see what you mean now :blush:

So how playable is it in a nep deck tho, taking a 6pp follower means giving up one of the 2/3/4 tier

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Please evaluate this starting pull: Jeann D'Arc, Lucifer, Arch Summoner Erasmus, Lord Atomy, Odin x2, Crystalia Tia, Enstatued Seraph x2

It doesn't have a ton of S-tier legendaries, but 3 notable Neutrals had got to be handy, right?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's meh, worth saving since it's 9 legs

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

trucutru posted:

Reddit has like 10 new cards posted. Including a neutral 0/2 for 2pp that gains as much attack as the strongest enemy minion +1. Doesn't Haven get a card that gives a minion storm?

Just rush.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i like Erasmus... he hasnt been terrible for me in earth rite pascal runecraft (which is a bad deck but I'm not into d-shift)

But yeah he's certainly not one of the best

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Just rush.

Then it's fine. I will still lol at all the bahamuts killed by a 2pp drop.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

trucutru posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5h6x9l/8_new_rise_of_bahamut_card_revealed/

You're probably thinking of Demon Commander Laura, which is a blood card

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

i like Erasmus... he hasnt been terrible for me in earth rite pascal runecraft (which is a bad deck but I'm not into d-shift)

But yeah he's certainly not one of the best

I feel like Professor of Taboo would just replace him in a Pascale deck. It's a similar effect, but better, at the cost of earth sigils. Plus he gets out 2 turn sooner.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
If erasmus could hit face like ragnaros can in hearthstone he would probably see play. If you're paying 8 mana for something in this game it really needs to do a lot of damage or be part of a combo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Erasmus can have ridiculous mega-value in long control match-ups, if you play him after all removal and evolves are used up, but that doesn't happen very often. I once beat an Elana deck by continuously killing whatever she dropped with Erasmus until she used up her entire deck.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is anyone else getting almost exclusively one-win quests the past week? The suspicious side of me wonders if they turned down gold output in advance of this new set.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is anyone else getting almost exclusively one-win quests the past week? The suspicious side of me wonders if they turned down gold output in advance of this new set.
I've gotten a few good ones this week, feels normal to me

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Nope, they're the same as always. I've got a 1-win, a 3-win and a 4-win quest today.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Guess it's just a run of poo poo luck then. That's fine. It'll hammer out over time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I had a mission to beat a game with bloodcraft so I went into ranked (if I win great, if I don't also great, it's win/win) with my hyper-janky "bloodcrap" deck that has the Bloody Mary I got from my rerolls.

First match... D-Shift! To make the story short I completely ignored his minions and went face. He had to waste 7 damage wind-blasts on lovely bats and stuff like that and was forced in turn 7 to drop his destroyer, evolves it (to kill a bat, lol) and removes everything but one bat. So the next turn I drop the Mary and use my last claws plus the bat for exact lethal. So, of course...

That people disconnect just to try to somehow don't lose points (In B rank) is the funniest poo poo. Like, I have close to a 70% win rate with a suboptimal banner sword (I win many games by baiting people into my Tsubaki), how hard can it be to get points when you have Merlins and Levis and poo poo?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Guess it's just a run of poo poo luck then. That's fine. It'll hammer out over time.

My other 2 quest were the win 6 and 7 games for packs ones. 400 vials in the end.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 9, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Some new cards were revealed.

Sahaquiel
Neutral Legendary
7-Cost Follower
4/4 - 6/6
Fanfare: Place one neutral follower from your hand into play and give it Rush. At the end of the turn, return that follower to your hand.

Tangled Ivy
Forest Bronze
1-Cost Spell
Give an enemy follower -10/-0 until the end of the turn.
Enhance 5: Destroy it instead.

Fang Slayer
Sword Gold
8-Cost Follower (Officer)
3/8 - 5/10
Rush.
Bane.
Clash: Deal damage equal to the enemy follower's attack to the enemy leader.

Clark, Seeker of Mystery
Rune Silver
3-Cost Follower
2/3 - 4/5
Fanfare: Spellboost the followers in your hand twice.

Dragon Battle
Dragon Silver
5-Cost Spell
Gain an empty play point orb.
Draw 2 cards.
Restore 3 health to your leader.

Ghost Dog Grave Keeper
Shadow Bronze
2-Cost Follower
2/2 - 4/4
Fanfare: Your followers in play are now destroyed instead of banished.
Whenever one of your followers come into play, they are now destroyed instead of banished.

Veight, Vampire Prince
Blood Silver
3-Cost Follower
3/2 - 5/4
Ward
Clash: Summon a Forest Bat.

Celestial Court
Haven Gold
4-Cost Amulet
Countdown 3.
Fanfare: Destroy a random enemy follower.
Last Words: Destroy a random enemy follower.

To start things off, the Neutral card seems like it has some nice combo potential, but it's hard to tell how viable it will be.

The Forest card is going to allow them even more favorable trades early, but they might have a hard time making room for it. As for the Sword card, it's really slow but it works as removal and extra reach, so it wouldn't surprise me if Control played one copy. I could see the Rune card being thrown into some of the DShift variants that run Witchette Emmylou alongside Flame Destroyer, but I don't think there's any chance stuff like Lightning Shooter will start seeing play because of it. Dragon gets a card which I expect every Midrange and Ramp deck will experiment with. Now onto Shadow, that card will definitely help even out the Shadow vs. Haven matchup, so if Haven is still dominant in RoB, expect to see 3 of these in every Shadow deck. Blood gets Vania's brother, and he provides good Forest Bat synergy, so I can see it making it into both Aggro and some of the more bat-centric Control lists. The Haven card is a really interesting twist on Death Sentence, which sees occasional play in some Satan and Seraph decks.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 9, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I believe in you Aggro/Midrange Rune, they're going to make you real.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sophism posted:

Some new cards were revealed.

Fang Slayer
Sword Gold
8-Cost Follower (Officer)
3/8 - 5/10
Rush.
Bane.
Clash: Deal damage equal to the enemy follower's attack to the enemy leader.

Yesssss, I can already taste the Aurelia tears.

Vania has a considerate oniichan.

E: And that shadow card is so extremely specific, haha.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 9, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Barely survived a triple Dshift, triple flame destroyer, and one rune blader that was 8/8. All he needed was one angelic snipe (used one already). I was rushed down to 1 HP on turn 8 when I played 2 conjure golems + pascale to keep myself alive. Topdecked scrap golem to use ancient alchemist for more wards and finally another pascale to kill him from 10 HP.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Holy poo poo that sword card is hosed up. What's that you played bahamut/fafnir/servant of darkness? Well I guess you're dead now

It should not have rush while having all that other stuff. Even without rush it would be a pain already to remove it without a spell since you'll do a minimal of 8 damage to yourself to get rid of it

Seriously why the gently caress does it have all that in its kit, AND rush AND 8 hp

edit: Wait it's not a real clash effect, it only activates when it attacks not when attacked

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 9, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Holy poo poo that sword card is hosed up. What's that you played bahamut/fafnir/servant of darkness? Well I guess you're dead now

It should not have rush while having all that other stuff. Even without rush it would be a pain already to remove it without a spell since you'll do a minimal of 8 damage to yourself to get rid of it

Seriously why the gently caress does it have all that in its kit, AND rush AND 8 hp

edit: Wait it's not a real clash effect, it only activates when it attacks not when attacked

Don't ever trust reddit, the "translators" do not actually know any Japanese. Here is the card

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/807181025130336257

Notice how the damage to face is the damage fang does, not the damage on the other card. He's "just" Knuckles with bane and rush.

vvv Quickblader: too slow! vvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 9, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I believe the sword card deals IT'S OWN damage to the enemy, not the enemy creatures'

here's the official tweet of the card wording
e: he got it first

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

trucutru posted:

Don't ever trust reddit, the "translators" do not actually know any Japanese. Here is the card

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/807181025130336257

Notice how the damage to face is the damage fang does, not the damage on the other card. He's "just" Knuckles with bane and rush.
thank god.... this card makes much more sense

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah that's quite a bit more reasonable, stop posting bad reddit translations guys

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Well that's a relief. The card is still really strong, but now it won't punish big followers that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Been playing this for a week now, and have managed to cobble together a near complete Bloody Mary deck, barring a few changes.

I'm missing one Queen Vampire, and haven't decided on whether or not to use the 2x Goblinmount Demons it calls for.

For now, I'm using 1x Vampire kiss and 2x Crimson Purges instead. I have access to 1x Erinyes, 1x Soul Navigator, 1x Vampire Bard, 3x Savage Hunt and maybe a 1x Azazel for use instead.

Should I actually use the Goblinmounts, or stick with the Crimson Purges? I know I'll replace the vampire kiss with a Queen when I get enough vials together, but it may be a bit.

Any advice?

• Locked thread