Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
I'm behind on SuMo because I live in a backwards part of the world, but knowing my luck it'll probably arrive by Xmas or when trading cools down. Trying to stay (mostly) unspoiled. But for when I do get it:

1) Where are the save-and-reset points for good natures on legendaries? Do the box legendaries get those too or are they also at the end of a long quest so saving isn't worth it?

2) What TM/move tutor moves should I be putting on my XY mons before sending them over? Assuming not all TMs/tutors remained the same between gens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Pentaro posted:

For twelve years you have been asking, Who is Lysandre? This is Lysandre speaking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PahRpFC5ihQ

the xy games right? i skipped those
christ that haircut

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I haven't played XY either, why are these people so excited about the holocaust?!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
You want to see destruction in Pokemon form? Well, here it is - it's ya boy Bibarel!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mierenneuker posted:

I haven't played XY either, why are these people so excited about the holocaust?!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I mean, this makes him seem like evil Steve Jobs, instead of him talking about how he wants to CLEANSE THE WORLD every time you run into him.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Tardigrade posted:

I'm behind on SuMo because I live in a backwards part of the world, but knowing my luck it'll probably arrive by Xmas or when trading cools down. Trying to stay (mostly) unspoiled. But for when I do get it:

1) Where are the save-and-reset points for good natures on legendaries? Do the box legendaries get those too or are they also at the end of a long quest so saving isn't worth it?

2) What TM/move tutor moves should I be putting on my XY mons before sending them over? Assuming not all TMs/tutors remained the same between gens.

For 1. all the Tapus and UBs are accessible at your leisure in the postgame so you can SR with Synchronize as much as you want. Almost all of them can be flown to so it's easy to do this. Solgaleo and Lunala can also be SRed the same way and you are always given an option to initiate the fight rather than be forced into it. Tapu Koko is the exception the first time but you can fight him again if you run or kill it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gen 6: Cleanse this impure world with the suffocating grasp of death

gen 7: yo yo yo check it we're stealing this bus stop, just think about it man, that driver's gotta be swamped drivin up and down that mountain all day, we're trying to give him a break

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

spit on my clit posted:

gen 7: yo yo yo check it we're stealing this bus stop, just think about it man, that driver's gotta be swamped drivin up and down that mountain all day, we're trying to give him a break
You mock those two dudes, but they just wanted to catch a bus at a stop more convenient for their poor not-car-owning selves :(

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You mock those two dudes, but they just wanted to catch a bus at a stop more convenient for their poor not-car-owning selves :(

who said i'm mocking them

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Team skull representing the cast aways of society who didn't fit into the old traditions trying to grasp at any kind of belonging or greatness they can is a pretty good back story for a Pokemon villain group. Especially in Poke Hawaii. They even included parasite wasp Pokemon (cutiefly), coral eating crown of thorns starfish(Mareanie) and retail blight(Ula Ula). Sun and Moon has lots of real world problems going on.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Does anyone have any Adamant Fluffy Stufful, Adamant Thick Fat or Gluttony Munchlax, Modest or Quiet Porygon, Timid Alola Fur Coat Meowth, or Adamant Hustle Alola Ratata? I'm trying to fill out the competitively viable/interesting Pokemon for battling and I'll happily accept breeding rejects. I wanna build a few good teams up in time for VGC/to enjoy the pre-Pokebank meta but I can only breed so much on my own!

I have a few cool things to offer like Adamant Shadow Sneak Grimer and Timid Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch Riolu and Jolly Rock Blast Shellder, and some other nifty mons. Don't suppose anyone has been breeding up the stuff I listed off above and would love to help a gf-less goon out?

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I'll be breeding Beast Ball Spearows later tonight if anyone wants one for some reason.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shame you can't breed down Master Balls, otherwise I'd trade everyone Master Ball Spearows named Hercules, on the promise that they turn them from Spearow to Fearow in no time flat.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm now breeding Adamant Rhyhorn (Heavy ball) with Fire Fang, Reversal, Counter, and Crunch egg moves. I've got four rejects currently if anyone is interested.

I also have extra:
4 Jolly Mimikyu with 5 IVs (one is very good in HP so it's a little weaker than the others, which are perfect). 2 in Luxury balls, 2 in Beast balls and come with Curse egg move.

3 Adamant Dratini with Dragon Dance and Rush egg moves, various 5IV spreads. 1 has Marvel Scale and 2 have Shed Skin. All Beast balls.

1 Jolly Rock Head Bagon with Dragon Dance and Rush egg moves, 5IVs and "fantastic" Defense. In a Beast ball.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Are you just giving them away or do you want stuff because I'll happily take that marvel scale dratini off your hands.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

Are you just giving them away or do you want stuff because I'll happily take that marvel scale dratini off your hands.

They are rejects so I'm giving em away.

Senerio posted:

Shame you can't breed down Master Balls, otherwise I'd trade everyone Master Ball Spearows named Hercules, on the promise that they turn them from Spearow to Fearow in no time flat.

I've been sweet talking friends into giving me their Master balls so I can put my Tapus in them. Just need one more and my collection will be complete :P

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'll take a bagon

edit: 1246-8882-8317, i can give pokerus if you want

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm around now if either of you want to trade soon~

FC: 5129-2001-9949, IGN: Athena

Note Block fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 9, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

They are rejects so I'm giving em away.

I've been sweet talking friends into giving me their Master balls so I can put my Tapus in them. Just need one more and my collection will be complete :P

The Tapus aren't hard to catch, though, like Tentacruel, or Fearow.

If you had said that yesterday I'd probably have tossed you mine. I tossed my Master Ball at Fearow out of a lack of anything better to do with it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Note Block posted:

I'm around now if either of you want to trade soon~

FC: 5219-2001-9949, IGN: Athena

the FC is wrong, apparently

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
No worries! I just think they look good in them and I think it'd be neat if I actually had competitive Pokemon in master balls for once.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

the FC is wrong, apparently

woops, edited it

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
Just went shopping on the GTS, got a Fast Ball Cyndaquil and a Moon Ball Oshawott. I should make a box for non-legendary mons people usually want and name it "Wallet."

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Note Block posted:

I'm now breeding Adamant Rhyhorn (Heavy ball) with Fire Fang, Reversal, Counter, and Crunch egg moves. I've got four rejects currently if anyone is interested.

I also have extra:
4 Jolly Mimikyu with 5 IVs (one is very good in HP so it's a little weaker than the others, which are perfect). 2 in Luxury balls, 2 in Beast balls and come with Curse egg move.

3 Adamant Dratini with Dragon Dance and Rush egg moves, various 5IV spreads. 1 has Marvel Scale and 2 have Shed Skin. All Beast balls.

1 Jolly Rock Head Bagon with Dragon Dance and Rush egg moves, 5IVs and "fantastic" Defense. In a Beast ball.

I'd love the Marvel Scale Dratini, personally!

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

If I am using the DTS to complete my Pokedex, will I be able to obtain the shiny charm? I have noticed that I'm not getting the crowns or the stamps as I trade for stuff. Or am I just worrying too much?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I'd love the Marvel Scale Dratini, personally!

It was claimed but you are my friend so I can breed you up one np

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Who here has HA Mareanie they'd be willing to share? I can offer nicely bred Magikarp or one of my two random Japanese Honedge with 2IVs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh yeah my in-game name is Ya Boi

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I still owe you a Beast Ball Roggenrolla. Work's just been busy. I'll have one for you over the weekend, sorry.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tardigrade posted:

If you want stealth rock on certain pokemon you might want it through XY since you can't just tutor it up in SuMo.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Note Block posted:

Ily 💖 if you want any of my breeding stock just lmk. Otherwise I'll just throw one at you at random.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Electric Sugar posted:

If I am using the DTS to complete my Pokedex, will I be able to obtain the shiny charm? I have noticed that I'm not getting the crowns or the stamps as I trade for stuff. Or am I just worrying too much?

I didn't get the stamps until I talked to the guy in the Game Freak office. The crowns did show up though, I traded for anything not available in Moon.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

that ivy guy posted:

Who here has HA Mareanie they'd be willing to share? I can offer nicely bred Magikarp or one of my two random Japanese Honedge with 2IVs

I do but it's garbage, no haze, timid (instead of bold or calm) and Japanese (I got it on wonder trade)

If that's fine, my info was just posted recently and I'll be in the plaza for a bit.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Note Block posted:

I do but it's garbage, no haze, timid (instead of bold or calm) and Japanese (I got it on wonder trade)

If that's fine, my info was just posted recently and I'll be in the plaza for a bit.

That's great, it'll give me something to work towards since a 6IV ditto takes most of the lengthiness out of breeding. I'm 2793 0650 7690

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

I'll take a bagon

edit: 1246-8882-8317, i can give pokerus if you want

Whatever you'd like to send is fine, I have a lot of Pokemon in the bank with Pokerus so if that your one of your last or w/e don't worry about it. I'm in the plaza now~

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

spit on my clit posted:

Gen 7 really is such a HUGE improvement over Gen 6 in terms of villains.

Team skull = best Team, I'm glad that the credits showed that Plumeria is still looking after the disbanded Team Skull members (now just regular punks) while she trains and while Guzma is off getting his poo poo together and learning to be less of an rear end in a top hat with Hala.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Note Block posted:

Whatever you'd like to send is fine, I have a lot of Pokemon in the bank with Pokerus so if that your one of your last or w/e don't worry about it. I'm in the plaza now~

Thanks, take care of my boi. dont think i ever gave him pokerus but i guess it don't matter

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

that ivy guy posted:

That's great, it'll give me something to work towards since a 6IV ditto takes most of the lengthiness out of breeding. I'm 2793 0650 7690

You know what, gently caress that Mareanie, it's garbage. I'm breeding you a bold one with haze. Give me two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

Thanks, take care of my boi. dont think i ever gave him pokerus but i guess it don't matter

Shaoooh! I will treat ya boi nice, he will have access to the best isles Poke Pelago can offer.