Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know that cio can be yabalchoath again

certainly i don't think that cutting her current names from her would achieve that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Real question: Did Cio's husband name her that? Did she name herself?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tollymain posted:

i don't know that cio can be yabalchoath again

certainly i don't think that cutting her current names from her would achieve that

People don't really change, they just grow thick layers over who they really are and pretend.

Metatron Yabalchoath lives

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

gals being pals

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AriadneThread posted:

gals being pals

Obviously they're cousins.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

paranoid randroid posted:

now taking bets on whether or not theres going to be a situation where Allison has to cut Cio loose from her names and release Yabalchoath

No way in hell am I betting against this happening.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

No way in hell am I betting against this happening.

My money is all on no, Because cio's current name doesn't include that name.

My bet is that she simply becomes Cio. She then becomes the ultimate wifu (and gains crazy magical power I guess).

Anyone figure that black demons at their normal strongest are sort of on 2 Michael's level? and that freaks like Himself would be on 1 Metatron's level? Both of the latter are even rarer than the former, The angels taking forever to get that big, and the demons taking that long to get their name down to something like that.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

thechosenone posted:

That's a little more technical than I'm looking at this. It's not that she will literally regain this name, it's that she'll eventually return to that level of power.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

GunnerJ posted:

That's a little more technical than I'm looking at this. It's not that she will literally regain this name, it's that she'll eventually return to that level of power.

But at what cost to her kawaii? :smith:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

thechosenone posted:

My bet is that she simply becomes Cio. She then becomes the ultimate wifu (and gains crazy magical power I guess).

Anyone figure that black demons at their normal strongest are sort of on 2 Michael's level? and that freaks like Himself would be on 1 Metatron's level? Both of the latter are even rarer than the former, The angels taking forever to get that big, and the demons taking that long to get their name down to something like that.

The angels will flatten any of the devils, ebon or otherwise, except for Himself who is something else altogether. They took out Yabalchaoth when she had some of Mammon's power.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I figure that Yabalchoath was outnumbered and overrun. Cio does mention that only an Angel can defeat another Angel, but we've seen that to be untrue. Mathangi ten Meti completely hosed Juggernaut Star and it was awesome. Ebon Devils are probably exceptionally powerful, even without a key, and might give an average or above-average angel a run for their money.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Malpais Legate posted:

Mathangi ten Meti

Is one of the most powerful beings in the setting, and could possibly kill anyone we've seen so far. She conquered 20,000 worlds, and she didn't have some bitch tier key to do it with.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mulva posted:

Is one of the most powerful beings in the setting, and could possibly kill anyone we've seen so far. She conquered 20,000 worlds, and she didn't have some bitch tier key to do it with.
Or did she?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
But yeah, I mean't angel a diablos.. I figure whatever himself is isn't something completely earth shattering (he did get locked up by lesser devils), but I figure he is sort of the demonic version of a prime angel: something that doesn't happen often.

Also I know that seems like a technicality with Cio and all that, but I honestly think that with how Cio has changed as a person, she would likely look different from yabalchoath by the time she pares her name down to the ebon one.

For example, she would probably wear clothes.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 377 days!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I think there is a lot of narrative weight behind the idea of Allison directly or indirectly encouraging Cio to assume her old form. Likely during a tense battle or something.

I can only assume the results will be catastrophic rather than helpful.

But, we've been given the backstory and Cio has announced both her desire not to regress and her belief that no one really ever changes, so not to see more done on this point would be a miss I feel.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

Zoss’ story is pretty central to the entire arc of the comic. We’ll find out his deal eventually and he’ll take a more active role in the story at some point, but if I was to reveal any of it too early it would ruin the speculation/surprise. I’d pay attention to the way different people talk about his exploits as the comic goes forward if you want to get hints as to what’s going on with him.

how cryptic

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Mulva posted:

She conquered how many worlds? I must have missed that bit! When did we learn that?!

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Inglonias posted:

She conquered how many worlds? I must have missed that bit! When did we learn that?!

From Abbadon's Tumblr. But I don't know if I'd trust that -- it was back when we had that "black daughters of Yis / white daughters of Yis :: white sons of Un / black sons of Un" thing with the four races of Perceivers, the one that ended up being non-canon.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it doesn't count until it's in the actual text of the story, imo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think we can all agree that whatever else is going on with her, she's unusually powerful and probably a big deal.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

She's dreamy, you mean.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Just found this and devoured it in one sitting.

Waiting for updates is the worst thing in the multiverse, but reading the tumblr lessens the pain. Abaddon recently said that Himself and Metatron are on the same level of power. I wonder if one or both of them moving in force would be enough to disrupt the balance between the seven.

Tekne fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 9, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
A much lesser force could, and in fact already has, disrupted the balance of the seven. It's not exactly difficult to tip a balanced scale.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Wise Mother Om surely saved some buttfruit just in case something like Allison happened.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also the balance has already been hosed for a while now thanks to Metatron and Michael's interference, the only reason the pact survives is because Jagganoth hasn't decided to destroy the multiverse just yet.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tekne posted:

Wise Mother Om surely saved some buttfruit just in case something like Allison happened.

Probably saved up, but she is still mortal now. Her days are numbered.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
pimp sphynx

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Himself was Aesma's boyfriend, right?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Himself was Aesma's boyfriend, right?

No.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I could see Aesma's boyfriend becoming Himself after living with her a while, though.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Then who was Himself? Where are they mentioned in the story?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

VanSandman posted:

Then who was Himself? Where are they mentioned in the story?

Himself hasn't been mentioned in the story yet. He's just a character the author has alluded to a few times on tumblr and a few other places.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Schwarzwald posted:

Himself hasn't been mentioned in the story yet. He's just a character the author has alluded to a few times on tumblr and a few other places.
He has been shown in the story though!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

JT Jag posted:

He has been shown in the story though!

More specifically he's the dude in the metal cage in the scenes showing the Ebon Devil council.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
According to Operant's Tumblr(?) Himself is a devil who managed to continue existing as a discrete entity with no name at all, hence his weird handle, so he'll never degrade into a lesser devil like the rest of his kin. The fact that he's sealed in an iron coffin full of enchanted nails may be a part of maintaining that condition, or it could be a fun way to accessorize.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Avshalom posted:

pimp sphynx

welcome

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Oxxidation posted:

According to Operant's Tumblr(?) Himself is a devil who managed to continue existing as a discrete entity with no name at all, hence his weird handle, so he'll never degrade into a lesser devil like the rest of his kin. The fact that he's sealed in an iron coffin full of enchanted nails may be a part of maintaining that condition, or it could be a fun way to accessorize.

Himself has that name in a True Name sense. He doesn't play the game of reality like the rest of us.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Oxxidation posted:

the reason hes in a coffin filled with nails and suspended by chains is nobody wants to deal with his bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Last time Himself got out He left refrigerator doors open all across Throne. its loving unacceptable