Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Erenthal posted:

Oh wow, a new concept ship????? My interest is certainly piqued!

e: loving el o el at the bar simply named "CONTENT" in their "road map". CONTENT.

Where did CODE go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Raskolnikov posted:

angelarch

Ban this sick leaver filth goonie. The BDSSM has no need for them! Uhm, Sandi? You better handle this one personally.

holy poo poo the meal one is loving amazing.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't, I just wanted to know how long I should wait before contacting the various agencies that likely already have significant cases against CIG.
Probably mid January.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: this is perfect

Lladre posted:

Why is she doing the I'm giving someone a blow job schtick?
It's just weird a VP of a multi million dollar company in charge of HR and Marketing would do such a thing.
I have no idea, but some nerd in the brown sea was obsessed with it.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Strawman posted:

You realize launching SQ42 alone will make as much as all ship sales thus far, right?

Hmmm.. To reach that much money they would need to sell 2.9 million units, putting them in the same "class" as the original Mass Effect without any new marketing spending. Not impossible, but they start with about 500k units already paid for, so they need in reality 3.4M units moved.

That is Battlefield 4, Batman : Arkham Asylum and Fifa 2004 numbers. All broad appeal titles in the 80+ metacritic score.

Not impossible, but...

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't, I just wanted to know how long I should wait before contacting the various agencies that likely already have significant cases against CIG.

Three business days (tops).
They are known to have people's tickets go right to the delete folder. So you may be in that group.
You should be able to contact them using that special snowflake site since it isn't tied to your RSI account.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

When is the holiday livestream?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lladre posted:

Three business days (tops).
They are known to have people's tickets go right to the delete folder. So you may be in that group.
You should be able to contact them using that special snowflake site since it isn't tied to your RSI account.

ZenDesk? Yeah they changed my password and made it so that I can't reset it.

EDIT: Maybe something hosed up. I'll check again.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Honestly Beer, I'd wait until 8am tomorrow to just contact the LA DA et al, because gently caress CIG. Force them to pay.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Success!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This person certainly "invested" with their wallet. Very clever. A wise person. Maybe we should listen to this sage advice from John Galt Jr.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

Can someone explain to me why they need to launch ships from a carrier as if they need to pick up speed and create lift?

It's space. Just kick the thing out.

They mocapped (apparently multiple times, including one karate/hilarity version) a guy on the deck doing some kind of flight check. Why.

Why does the ship need to go fast? Why. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Did no one say "hey um it's in space so"

Anyway, happy Friday everyone.

Starship fighter launch sequences can be really cool. Unfortunately, if that was the reason, a game might have been made by now. Instead, we have fidelity.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

I don't know what Angelarch is bitching about. This was him a year ago.

He got his money's worth already.

:pusheen:

Eldragon posted:

He's been turned. He'll demand a refund and come to our loving embrace soon enough.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ZenDesk? Yeah they changed my password and made it so that I can't reset it.

EDIT: Maybe something hosed up. I'll check again.
They're just going to gently caress you around and blame their response time on the Holidays and/or how hard they're working on the next livestream or something.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

XK posted:

Any complications about refund value involving ship gifting is a complication CIG presented onto itself by allowing those transactions to occur. Get the full value of your account, or contact the various government agencies if they refuse.

California Attorney General, the Los Angeles County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs, the Federal Trade Commission, and any applicable authorities local to you.

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers
https://iddweb.isd.lacounty.gov/dca_ecomplaint/
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

awesome - thanks.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Hmmm, PTU time of only a day or two before Live. Seems like a legit schedule.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLightPurges posted:

Hmmm, PTU time of only a day or two before Live. Seems like a legit schedule.

Avocado testing is super efficient. Simply melt the bugs away.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

SelenicMartian posted:

Photoshop masters, there's a horse-driven cart somewhere missing its two straw-hat bumpkins.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will try to endure.

Refund spergs, how long did CIG take to initially respond?

3-4 business days until they semt be an email asking me to reconsider and watch videos. 4-5 business days after I replied they asked me which PayPal address to send to. 4-5 days after that I had my cash.

It was pretty trouble free actually. Started on 11/20 and cash was with PayPal 12/7.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 9, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fukkin :lol:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Tippis posted:

For some more comparison, I'm trekking out to a far remote outpost in Elite, and from there to the centre of the galaxy where I'll putter around for a bit. If I get a session in every day, I expect to reach the station some time around New Year's Eve, and be back in regular inhabited space by February…

Posting from the past, but this is a good option. I'm just chilling in space and heading to Sgr A* via Jaques slowly and it's a hell of a journey. I'm about 9kly out from A* now and and well above the disc; the views are great.

At some point, I'll catch up with this thread again, I swear.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/B5Lt4uu.gifv

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
he really fell off the turnip truck :haw:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Two Weeks.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Are you doing these in After Effects?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

DapperDon posted:

Are you doing these in After Effects?

Naw, HitFilm Express

http://i.imgur.com/FKXFHDI.gifv

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Natron posted:

Star Citizen is the Benjamin Button of game development. In four-five years we've gone from incredibly slick trailers of a polished looking product to 6 Poser models dancing like idiots in an untextured hangar. Everything is done completely backwards. If you watched every video in reverse order from now until the start of the project, it would really start looking like SC was coming together and turning into a decent looking game. Do it the other way around and it looks like the wheels falling off a train while it bursts into flames.

This is comical and true. :)

It's as if CIG built an entire company out of lies. It's like somehow that should make people question everything about them, as opposed to say, continuing to siphon tons of money to them. :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Who would pay money for such an ugly poster?

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/807226913483882496

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

snagging that poo poo. Thanks

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

That one genuinely made me laugh.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TheLightPurges posted:

Surprisingly few shills in that thread, which is at the center of the shill lair. That can't be good.

Even better. Shills are there, but even they can't muster the effort to continue the charade.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Sandi gettin salty with the backers

Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley | AnnabelleBooHuxley said:
[source]
OP they won't be showing it.

It's over. Move on.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/360988/so-no-sq42-for-holiday-live-stream

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
These people have to be getting paid to write that poo poo.

Then again a quarter of the people in this thread are just as bad.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Then again a quarter of the people in this thread are just as bad.

I know, gently caress those guys, right?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

TheLightPurges posted:

Sandi gettin salty with the backers

Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley | AnnabelleBooHuxley said:
[source]
OP they won't be showing it.

It's over. Move on.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/360988/so-no-sq42-for-holiday-live-stream

What does "It's over. Move on." mean in that context? Ie why is she not banned yet for heresy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Can someone explain to me why they need to launch ships from a carrier as if they need to pick up speed and create lift?

It's space. Just kick the thing out.

They mocapped (apparently multiple times, including one karate/hilarity version) a guy on the deck doing some kind of flight check. Why.

Why does the ship need to go fast? Why. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Did no one say "hey um it's in space so"

Anyway, happy Friday everyone.

Happy Friday, friend. :)

The reason for the flight crew is very critical to achieving fidelity, and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

r/starcitizen: What is the thing that made you love SC?