Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

surely the solution is to become more like the republicans, which worked in the 80s and 2000s and didn't lead to the shitshow we are in today

oh.

actually being more like republicans in certain ways would be A Good Thing for the Dems

not in terms of policy but in terms of not being wishy-washy gutless guileless shits who value honor and integrity and dignity above loving winning elections or implementing policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

actually being more like republicans in certain ways would be A Good Thing for the Dems

not in terms of policy but in terms of not being wishy-washy gutless guileless shits
the republicans still are by and large wishy-washy guileless shits though, that's why they're all dehumanizing themselves and facing to the trump cabinet through public displays of solidarity
the rest are True Believers in the Cult of Atom or are that one guy who's progressive with every issue but also likes the military

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

the repubs are able to do this because we didn't turn the ship of the dem party towards a more progressive bent and policies and lol fairytales, thanks for bothering to read the thread :tipshat:

e: nvm just read your posts, sorry I didn't recognize the "bad opinions" gimmick, as you were

It's a popular gimmick

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

How about we start by not nominating millionaires

Because then we would seem as anti-Semitic :smug:

But for real what happened to that guy who tried to argue that we can't bring any bankers to justice for causing the great depression v. 2.0 ...

Come back neolib ghost :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the republicans still are by and large wishy-washy guileless shits though, that's why they're all dehumanizing themselves and facing to the trump cabinet through public displays of solidarity
the rest are True Believers in the Cult of Atom or are that one guy who's progressive with every issue but also likes the military

they have internal discipline and a voting base that will always loving turn out for downticket races, both of which are things the Dems desperately need

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gonna poke your balloon a bit, great depression 2.0 hasn't happened yet

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

not in terms of policy but in terms of not being wishy-washy gutless guileless shits who value honor and integrity and dignity above loving winning elections or implementing policy

Yeah the Jennifer Palmeiri "I'd rather lose than win the way you did" attitude and this pathetic scapegoating of Putin, Comey, the media, fake news, Pepe the frog, etc has to go. We lost to the most unpopular candidate ever, find out what went wrong and fix that poo poo. If Dems can't even do that then were doomed to fail again in 2020.

The dumbest thing of all is blaming the media since it's totally inevitable that they will be ratings-driven rather than "fair." If you need a "fair" media to win you might as well not even loving try.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Dec 9, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Republicans: This psychotic candidate for state legislature has an (R) after his name, gonna vote for him!

Democrats: This candidate is Problematic because she isn't an ally of Transracial Demisexual Otherkin, I'll just stay home because it's a midterm anyway. ... Wait, where have my abortion rights gone?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

they have internal discipline and a voting base that will always loving turn out for downticket races, both of which are things the Dems desperately need
you mean the people the dems backstabbed in the 80s to cozy up with the most fair-weather ally, wall street?

we're in for a long ride and liberal democracy being threatened will only serve to make it shorter

whether it's the good way or the bad way remains to be seen but i like dozens of other upstanding social democrats are helping with the "good way"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

can you imagine democrats doing anything other than hemming and hawing at a statement like this today:

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you mean the people the dems backstabbed in the 80s to cozy up with the most fair-weather ally, wall street?

yeah we need those people back and we need them back yesterday, gently caress anyone who says different

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

yeah we need those people back and we need them back yesterday, gently caress anyone who says different
amen :hfive:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

can you imagine democrats doing anything other than hemming and hawing at a statement like this today:

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.

I'll loving do it right now where's the bullhorn

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

gonna poke your balloon a bit, great depression 2.0 hasn't happened yet

Gonna be great when the Great Depression 3.0 hits us at the same time waves of refugees are coming to the US and climate change makes food and water prices shoot the gently caress out into space

Thank god for the ACA.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this is only anecdotal but i know some people who work in finance and would prefer to pay more taxes help people

they're not the CEOs tho just some quant guys w ethics

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
god I hate that I agree with the types who say this poo poo because they're usually utter slithering filth, but it turns out that the loving coastal elite tastemakers' preferences for going "hah hah aren't white people and especially poor white people awful and racist and irredeemable" was a really bad idea in general

then again maybe I was imagining that this was happening because I spend too much time laughing at Tumblr posters getting offended at everything

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

bump_fn posted:

this is only anecdotal but i know some people who work in finance and would prefer to pay more taxes help people

they're not the CEOs tho just some quant guys w ethics
they ain't exactly common. for one white collar dude who realizes this economic arrangement is loving unsustainable there's 20 ayn randian literal motherfuckers

if they're willing to help on the ground, they're welcome to!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

god I hate that I agree with the types who say this poo poo because they're usually utter slithering filth, but it turns out that the loving coastal elite tastemakers' preferences for going "hah hah aren't white people and especially poor white people awful" was a really bad idea in general
racists hating the elite is actually fairly recent, they started with the tea party, which happened to be the only thing redeemable about that movement and that part got snuffed out by the koch paymasters :tipshat:

would it shock you to realize that's also how the rich fooled a lot of people into curbstomping the lower classes back in the 1910s/20s

only instead of "bring back slavery!!" it's privilege-checking and oppression points now

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Dec 9, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ayn rand paul

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

god I hate that I agree with the types who say this poo poo because they're usually utter slithering filth, but it turns out that the loving coastal elite tastemakers' preferences for going "hah hah aren't white people and especially poor white people awful and racist and irredeemable" was a really bad idea in general

then again maybe I was imagining that this was happening because I spend too much time laughing at Tumblr posters getting offended at everything

I'm tempted to post that famous whiskey juvenile post that says verbatim "gently caress rural people, hope this helps"

But you know, I'm trying to be a good poster so I leave you with this:

Ed balls

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

you will find exactly this if you look at d&d proper lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
we should definitely become more like the republicans who are ruthless and merciless when it comes to winning and passing legislation

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
we as a party can't afford to be Nice Guys who fight fairly and honorably any more, we need to be sneaky, underhanded, heartless bastard sociopaths for the greater good

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

we as a party can't afford to be Nice Guys who fight fairly and honorably any more, we need to be sneaky, underhanded, heartless bastard sociopaths for the greater good

republicans

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

we should definitely become more like the republicans who are ruthless and merciless when it comes to winning and passing legislation

they don't actually pass legislation that much tho, at least federally

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

psychopaths, sociopathy is what adopts republican policies, psychopathy is just being unhinged :commissar:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

logikv9 posted:

republicans

not exactly because we don't have to change our ideology, just our methods

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

If only the Dems could find a natural ally and tool for organizing people to come out in off-year elections.

*looks at the smoking crater of the American Unions*

Oh well hmm maybe we can build an app to help.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It can work if you actually do simple stuff to improve people's lives.

But that's the exact opposite that the Obama admin did so...

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

republicans

What if we get our white tunics dirty while fighting those evil pigs :ohdear:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Der Meister posted:

they don't actually pass legislation that much tho, at least federally

Well, all that will change sooner than you think

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

If only the Dems could find a natural ally and tool for organizing people to come out in off-year elections.

*looks at the smoking crater of the American Unions*

Oh well hmm maybe we can build an app to help.

i knew they were dead when obama didn't even bother trying to pass card check when he had democratic control of everything initially

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

To be fair, that's what the Clintons did. Just really incompetently.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

big juicy nectarine posted:

Money = charisma and intelligence in Planet Hillary

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

anything good they did was actually on accident

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

"for the greater good"

Clintons did it but were just trying to backstab working class Democrats the whole time.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's especially dumb because you don't need to do this to promote minority rights at any level. loving Ta-Nehisi Coates and BLM don't do this and they actually accomplish things. It's mostly twitter/tumblr warriors and white guilt idiots posting this stuff and they rarely accomplish anything other than making people mad on the internet.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

So weird, this cool 'Vote Reminder' app keeps getting deleted every time Uber updates.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

bring back Huey Long

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
bring back Huey Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Der Meister posted:

i knew they were dead when obama didn't even bother trying to pass card check when he had democratic control of everything initially

this honestly pisses me off the most about the obama administration. it was good policy but it also would have been good electoral strategy to prop areas that the obama coalition was weak in. it would have been a shot in the arm for labor and given them hope and a reason to organize for the offense rather then the defensive meat-grinder they are currently in

• Locked thread