Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I hope Deku is ready for Bakugou's mom to beat the hell out of him once Bakugou ends up in the hospital

Absolutely fuckin' insane chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Shocking but I've made peace with it. I hope bakugous mom isn't too sad.

All Might: I'm sorry Mrs. Bakugou's Mom, but your son was slain in a duel with his best friend
Bakugou's Mom: (in extremely Ms. Krabappel voice) HA

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Oxxidation posted:

All Might: I'm sorry Mrs. Bakugou's Mom, but your son was slain in a duel with his best friend
[Bakugou's mom goes to murder Kirishima]
All Might: "No that's...actually that's my bad yeah."

I think it would go more like that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I hope Deku is ready for Bakugou's mom to beat the hell out of him once Bakugou ends up in the hospital

Absolutely fuckin' insane chapter
Mrs. Bakugou seems like the type who'd walk up to him in his hospital bed, then whack him on the head and say, "You've had this comin for years, you lil' poo poo."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mindblast posted:

He already had that power and speed but using it would literally destroy him. Constant training and events made him tougher, but he's being as careful as he can not to accidentally maim himself so he ended up lowballing how much he can withstand.

That's not too strange for this story really.

He's not making GBS threads on the story, he's genuinely digging this sudden power up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fabricated posted:

5% let a smallish, mildly fit teenager lay a trained adult out in a couple punches, wall jump, and leap 20+ feet on the air.

Well, realistically a 5% punch should be enough to totally wreck any normal human being without any defense-boosting abilities. Heck, regular people punches can gently caress you up, so the punch from someone who can jump 20+ feet in the air would cause serious injury under pretty much any circumstance.

It seems pretty clear that the series doesn't care much about realism in terms of One for All being used against people, though (which makes sense, because otherwise all fights against people who couldn't strengthen their bodies would end in one shot). Heck, the human body wouldn't be able to handle the poo poo Bakugou does either; his arm (and probably a bunch of other stuff) would break any time he tried to use an explosion for mobility.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Sudden shonen power ups are cool as gently caress, especially when done well.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Somebody repost the "gently caress YOU DEKU I'M GOING TO THE MOON" fan art

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

(which makes sense, because otherwise all fights against people who couldn't strengthen their bodies would end in one shot).
Todoroki vs Bakugou was over in one shot, so hey

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They'd make a great team really. I hope they get to fight a villain together at some point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

100% stopped making sense as a capstone when all might went furthur when fighting absorbtion Noumu and EVEN FURTHER BEYOND with AfO.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But... but power levels...!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The author clarified that though. It's a mental shout to psyche up, not an actual measure.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Imo its not nearly as much a power level as Dekus personal progress counter.

E;fb

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Imo its not nearly as much a power level as Dekus personal progress counter.

That's also a fair way to see it, imo. A small step for All Might, a giant leap for Deku-kind.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ytlaya posted:

Well, realistically a 5% punch should be enough to totally wreck any normal human being without any defense-boosting abilities. Heck, regular people punches can gently caress you up, so the punch from someone who can jump 20+ feet in the air would cause serious injury under pretty much any circumstance.

It seems pretty clear that the series doesn't care much about realism in terms of One for All being used against people, though (which makes sense, because otherwise all fights against people who couldn't strengthen their bodies would end in one shot). Heck, the human body wouldn't be able to handle the poo poo Bakugou does either; his arm (and probably a bunch of other stuff) would break any time he tried to use an explosion for mobility.

One of the things about most superpowers is, if you have power X, you also need powers A, B, and C to function normally. Now MHA does go a bit into people with power X, and only powers A and C, but there are other times that it'll say you have power X and everything else necessary to not instantly turn into a mess when you use it.

Another thing to consider is that quirks appear to operate as another part of your body that you can train, so Bakugou can (and probably has) train his body to handle explosions of larger size than what we've seen so far. It was a point during the practical exam against All Might that Bakugou was holding back and only using explosions that he knew he could handle, and that part of passing was for him to go a little bit beyond that point.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bakugou retires from being a hero after 6 months because he's gone deaf

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The entire manga is Bakugou's final dream as he lies dying as a five-year old trying out his powers for the first time

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Deku will be unable to control his power, and will end up killing his friend and rival as a result. This will teach him an important lesson about the responsible use of power, and the importance of talking out your problems, instead of punching them out.

And then, because this comic is inspired in part by Western Comics, in a few chapters they'll find a contrived way to bring Bakugou back to life.

If MHA was a western comic, All Might as a hero would have been written out of the story not by using the last of his power to save the city but by going mad due to the fact he couldn't identify with other people as he was basically a god then destroying half of Japan before being brought down by some cosmic entity.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radish posted:

If MHA was a western comic, All Might as a hero would have been written out of the story not by using the last of his power to save the city but by going mad due to the fact he couldn't identify with other people as he was basically a god then destroying half of Japan before being brought down by some cosmic entity.

All Might is Silver Age. He'd use the last of his power to save the city and then within 3 issues would be running around the city in a rainbow costume that gave him new color based abilities.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gyges posted:

All Might is Silver Age. He'd use the last of his power to save the city and then within 3 issues would be running around the city in a rainbow costume that gave him new color based abilities.

Fair but then some other guy would make a deconstruction of All Might in twenty years called Big Strong who would end up as I previously described.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wonder if Bakugou's dad is the one with the explosion powers. Or he just sweats nitro and his mom has a small spark-producing quirk.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
If MHA were a western comic, All Might would have died against AfO only to be brought back in a retcon by another writer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackheart posted:

I wonder if Bakugou's dad is the one with the explosion powers. Or he just sweats nitro and his mom has a small spark-producing quirk.
This is actually explained in an omake. His dad's sweat is some very mildly explosive/sparking acidic compound that he can't trigger at all- only through other forms of ignition.

His mom's quirk was that her skin very slightly excretes glycerine which apparently makes her skin really nice all the time.

Combined, you get exploding sweat. How Bakugou magically triggers it with his brain, I dunno.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If MHA were a western comic, All Might would have died against AfO only to be brought back in a retcon by another writer.

To be fair, a lot of shonen manga would have killed someone like All Might off and then brought him back in a retcon by the same writer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

How Bakugou magically triggers it with his brain, I dunno.

He just thinks about that time he watched an R-rated movie when he was like six and it freaked him out for 3 months afterwards.

edit: A scary one.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is an All Might...
This is an ascended All Might, but you can it an All Mightier...

And this...

This is an All Might that has ascended past an ascended All Might, you can call it an All Mightiest.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

This is actually explained in an omake. His dad's sweat is some very mildly explosive/sparking acidic compound that he can't trigger at all- only through other forms of ignition.

His mom's quirk was that her skin very slightly excretes glycerine which apparently makes her skin really nice all the time.

Combined, you get exploding sweat. How Bakugou magically triggers it with his brain, I dunno.

I believe his hand simply is burning red and has a loud roar.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is an All Might...
This is an ascended All Might, but you can it an All Mightier...

And this...

This is an All Might that has ascended past an ascended All Might, you can call it an All Mightiest.

I wanna see All Might with the ridiculous SSJ3 golden mane of hair.

I hope Deku starts to incorporate some non-kicks into his fighting. Kicking as his most common attack is fine, but I don't think he threw a single punch during his fight with Bakugou? I can't imagine that's an effective way to fight.

I wonder if they'll ever bring up the fact that One for All can seemingly make you more durable (based upon the fact that All Might was able to tank Bakugou's really strong explosion and handle a bunch of punches from that really strong Noumu). I'm guessing that they'll just ignore that aspect with Deku (for the same reason All Might using OfA doesn't get the electric visual effect, etc).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rhonne posted:

They'd make a great team really. I hope they get to fight a villain together at some point.
i hope they hold hands

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually considering their powers, maybe not

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bakugou already uses his powers to bounce all around the place, imagine what he could do while floating.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This fight is going to end with Bakugou throwing up after getting really dizzy from spinning around so much

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Bakugou's new power-up: To explode his entire body at once. Call it the Suicide Squaddie

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Someone should pass OfA to Ojiro so he can become Tail Might.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Someone should pass OfA to Ojiro so he can become Tail Might.

a better joke would be mt lady

tall might

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So how does Bakugou avoid burning off all his clothes?

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

RatHat posted:

So how does Bakugou avoid burning off all his clothes?

His explosions seem to be more force and smoke than heat. I don't think we've seen him light anything on fire, have we?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are people who literally set themselves on fire and their clothes are fine

y'all are thinking too hard about this really, it's not supposed to be realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manatee Cannon posted:

there are people who literally set themselves on fire and their clothes are fine

y'all are thinking too hard about this really, it's not supposed to be realistic

It's different when they're in costumes since those are specially made.