Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I fly spaceships. Pew Pew.

Also, the non-chill Eve thread is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Percelus posted:

unless the code is a complete mess

I have no reason to believe this is the case.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Percelus posted:

for all MHs problems, unless the code is a complete mess someone could always right this gazillion galleon. considering what a no brainer marvel diablo is idk why they can't get a decent development team :psyduck:

Because they didn't make their own engine like the other two big names did. So they are probably a lot more limited in what they want to do vs what they CAN do.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Is writing your own game engine more or less difficult than writing an in game clock and attaching it to an unrelated UI element?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
From a certain view I suppose making some kind of weird nondeterministic clock is actually more impressive.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Percelus posted:

for all MHs problems, unless the code is a complete mess someone could always right this gazillion galleon. considering what a no brainer marvel diablo is idk why they can't get a decent development team :psyduck:
Like a lot of hobby products, they've also appeared to have done a decent amount of hiring based on Love Of The drat Brand instead of competence, because you can get fanboys a lot cheaper than you can professionals.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Holyshoot posted:

Because they didn't make their own engine like the other two big names did. So they are probably a lot more limited in what they want to do vs what they CAN do.

true but i never had that feeling from gaz so much as sheer incompetence in implementing fun and balanced heroes or encounters

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'd go as far to say when MH worked well it was ahead of anything d3 or poe could do. like remember when mags and jugs first came out and were good instead of garbage tier? those kits were more fun than any other arpgs. the problem is they proved incapable of both keeping existing heroes balanced with all the new ones while pumping out content fast enough to keep players interested, and generally designing themselves in corners and dead ends at every opportunity

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Juggernaut was ever seen as bad? What happened? Like, I remember Magneto being seen as bad, and people even explained it out, but I never remember Juggernaut being said as 'bad' at all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Every character that came out was 20% stronger than the one before it, so at the projected one character release per month it only took 13 months for Juggernaut to be half as good as the newest person.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
That's probably it as well. PoE and D3 are just releasing new content and items. Not whole new classes with new items and new content like you all want GAZ to be able to do properly. I am sure if PoE and D3 had to make an entirely new class they'd perform a bit similar. Look at diablo 3. Necro taking over a year to come out. And PoE didn't do a new class until a year into the game.

They should stop releasing new characters and focus on tightening the ship and giving us new content. Feels like they are scraping the barrel anyways when it comes to new heroes. Nick Fury? He isn't even a super hero.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What do you think they just did?

They can't take a year off releasing any new characters because unlike PoE and D3 they've built their revenue model on selling them. The revamp is specifically designed to remove almost all of the new item design required for a class, as well as simplify the task of applying numbers to skills by taking away variability - that'll take the pressure off the new-guy division so they can sink a couple of thou into a new raid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bloodly posted:

Juggernaut was ever seen as bad? What happened? Like, I remember Magneto being seen as bad, and people even explained it out, but I never remember Juggernaut being said as 'bad' at all.

Juggs was always good

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Juggs was always good

--me, about your moms

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hey guys, taskmaster got a new ult and

quote:

Taskmaster new Ultimate power constructed - 6-cast Ultimate which replicates the Signature powers of the six heroes he emulates. Note: Still awaiting animation changes for this power, so Taskmaster will T-pose currently on activating this Ultimate.

Yeah Gaz made it

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Gem of the Kursed has reduced its Critical Hit and Brutal Strike Ratings to 375.

We rolled the dice and they came out like that this time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Taskmaster jumps in the air and slams a meteor down, summons a whirlwind of purple butterflies, and then copies 4 people who all have maximum spider as their sig

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

tasky actually is getting a lot of love with the next update. interesting changes: his spenders can now generate combo points, not just his basics, you can talent into basically using stamina and getting Mark for Death with a new Elektra talent, and a new Iron Fist talent lets you get stance bonuses, though they are random which doesn;t look great for now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What happened to Taskmaster's old ult? Is it a signature power or something now? it was cool i liked it

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kelp Plankton posted:

What happened to Taskmaster's old ult? Is it a signature power or something now? it was cool i liked it
You can talent into it in place of...something? I guess? It's poo poo and I'm glad it's dead

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

They should stop releasing new characters and focus on tightening the ship and giving us new content. Feels like they are scraping the barrel anyways when it comes to new heroes. Nick Fury? He isn't even a super hero.

This happened in 2016, and everyone quit the game.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Hey guys, taskmaster got a new ult and

Yeah Gaz made it

Reinstalling.

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016

Soothing Vapors posted:

--me, about your moms

I forgot sometimes you can be funny. Never change, SV.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nice joke.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mover posted:

tasky actually is getting a lot of love with the next update.
The Psylocke changes on the other hand are hilarious, and not in a good way.

Edit:

AgentVapor posted:

Blaster Turrets, Time Warp Turrets, and Suppression Turrets can now be deployed at range.
Never mind, update owns.

And...

AgentVapor posted:

• Travel Power windup time has been reduced to .75 seconds.
  • Travel Power speed increased to 800 (up from 700).
  • Dash power range has been increased by 25%.
  • Dash power speed increased to 1250 (up from 1000).
:stare:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 10, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

KelpPlankton with an Epic troll

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

summoning a giant horde of dudes is cool i dont understand the problem

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

Your avatar is proof of that.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I never thought I'd say this outside the context of squirrel girl but kelp is right

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if they were sparkly, but just regular dudes in ski masks? Cmon.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Play a summoner character who does that all the time, or put a character with a summoning ult in a game that Doesn't have a ton of specialized gear and retargeting powers in order to make summons remotely worthwhile

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taskmaster sucks it's fine.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So they're basically making a completely new game with 100% recycled assets?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

yeah

I'm not sure it's a great idea, but it's definitely an ambitious approach to the problem of everyone at gaz wishing they worked on a different game

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
No worries, Taskmaster can summon all the dudes now at least.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ponzicar posted:

So they're basically making a completely new game with 100% recycled assets?

it's the 3rd time they've done this, really

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

diablo 3 did once before too. poe never had to but they follow diablo 2s formula so closely its hard for them to gently caress up

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MMAgCh posted:

No worries, Taskmaster can summon all the dudes now at least.

I think we'd like to see the Odin's Helmet Visual and Bifrost Visual that somebody linked in chat in one of those pics.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Percelus posted:

uhhh paradox already bought the vampire larper IP plus all the assets from their failed mmo title for it

Reading the manual for VTM is a better game than the entirety of MH

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Reading the manual for VTM is a better game than the entirety of MH

lets not say anything crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted: