Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

Guy Goodbody posted:

I couldn't make it through most of it, but someone was very upset that Oliver and Felicity aren't together anymore and they brought back Laurel.

Like, very upset.

But guys, Olicity is the endgame, everyone on the show gave us all the clues.

One of my coworkers, who watches the show, saw me type the above line a second ago and just shook his head in disapproval at me.

"It was sarcasm... SARCASM!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

It was a few absurd things about how Oliver's behavior shows he's not over Felicity and stuff too.
Like killing her new boyfriend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nelson posted:

Like killing her new boyfriend.

Oliver is Prometheus and it's all a trick to get Felicity back.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Prometheus turns out to actually be Michael Dorn.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

bentacos posted:

Oliver Queen, you have failed this... federation.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
My joke about Oliver's blood from being stabbed in season 3 accidentally creating an Oliver clone in the lazarus pit is closer to coming true, since Prometheus has the same training, uses Oliver's old weapons and "You stole my life" would be an appropriately stupid motivation for the villain.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

bentacos posted:

Has Prometheus always been Worf? If so I must have missed it until this episode :downs:
Was a great episode (unlike the shmaltz fest that was Flash - god I hate christmas episodes of US shows), but were the flashback transitions always this literal back in the day (I can't remember)? There was pen -> pen , dust pile-> dust pile, arrow-> arrow shaped ornament.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

My joke about Oliver's blood from being stabbed in season 3 accidentally creating an Oliver clone in the lazarus pit is closer to coming true, since Prometheus has the same training, uses Oliver's old weapons and "You stole my life" would be an appropriately stupid motivation for the villain.

I said in one of these threads that it's amazing the CWDC universe has managed to make 8+ seasons of superhero television without a single clone. I might have jinxed us. That would explain why he hasn't gone after Thea or Felicity.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's actually Arrowverse Bruce Wayne.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Spacebump posted:

It's actually Arrowverse Bruce Wayne.

Flashback to S1 Oliver arrow-ing down Bruce's parents, petty criminals in the Arrowverse, in front of him. Martha's pearl necklace disintegrating as the arrow is drawn back

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Autism Sneaks posted:

Flashback to S1 Oliver arrow-ing down Bruce's parents, petty criminals in the Arrowverse, in front of him. Martha's pearl necklace disintegrating as the arrow is drawn back

If only Moria's name was Martha

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Mr Beens posted:

Has Prometheus always been Worf? If so I must have missed it until this episode :downs:
Was a great episode (unlike the shmaltz fest that was Flash - god I hate christmas episodes of US shows), but were the flashback transitions always this literal back in the day (I can't remember)? There was pen -> pen , dust pile-> dust pile, arrow-> arrow shaped ornament.

Yes, they were, the match cuts are actually one of the things that I like about them. (Re: My above flashback rant.)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scyantific posted:

What did that FB post say I missed it.

Didn't realise it was taken down.

She wrote a 2000 word essay about where they show died, how to fix it, how Olicity breaks her fragile heart, etc. Reddit says it was 2400 words, I hope it turns up just because it's a gem.

He basically gave a nice polite post...(reddit)

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 10, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Rocksicles posted:

She wrote a 2000 word essay about where they show died, how to fix it, how Olicity breaks her fragile heart, etc. Reddit says it was 2400 words, I hope it turns up just because it's a gem.

That's pretty classy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

That's pretty classy.

He continues to impress me with how awesome he is.

But that bitch is CRAZY.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only stalkers type 2400 words into a comment box.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rocksicles posted:

Normally posts signed with SA contain at least one goatse link.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't follow.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I miss those awesome murder fights from the first season

Word.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I don't follow.

SA = Something Awful

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
That'll do, Mr. Allen.

That'll do.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

And the clone is played by Justin Hartley.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

And the clone is played by Justin Hartley.

And that man, was Albert Einstein.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tarquinn posted:

Oliver Queen, you have failed that uniform

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Colton Haynes was awarded a visibility award from HRC and it is so sad and sweet and :smith:

It's all the emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSfkRjVr5U

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
He definitely flips through a lot of emotions there, you're right.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Really enjoyed the finale, and it's nice to see the writer's sticking to their guns on the team learning from all the secret drama of the past four seasons.

One thing that keeps bugging me though, and I mention it because I see it everywhere, not just here: do people not get how Flashpoint worked? All the changes have already happened. Laurel was still killed by Darkh. If she survived, it was after Ollie and the others (thought) they saw her die in hospital. She can't have just had her death "undone", because all the characters still think she died.

In any case, I'm curious to see the reason for Laurel appearing. I doubt it's the evil Earth 2 Laurel, and they wouldn't have her be a hallucination. The writing has been too good so far this season for that.

Melusine fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 13, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are probably referring to that producer interview where she said it's because of Flashpoint.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darkh obviously still killed (or "killed") Laurel post Flashpoint as they have the statue and Evelyn and all the grief. But Flashpoint presumably changed something else which either resurrected her or saved her. So, purely hypothetically, something like in Flashpoint Nyssa never destroyed the Lazarus Pits and is Ra's Al Ghul so she used the Pit to save Laurel. I'm pulling that out of my rear end but it's the sort of thing that could have changed that wouldn't have been brought up by now.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
Here's an idea: sometimes comics are incoherent, why should Arrow be different?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Laurel that showed up is an Angel. Joins team as codename Zaurel.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

STAC Goat posted:

But Flashpoint presumably changed something else which either resurrected her or saved her. So, purely hypothetically, something like in Flashpoint Nyssa never destroyed the Lazarus Pits and is Ra's Al Ghul so she used the Pit to save Laurel. I'm pulling that out of my rear end but it's the sort of thing that could have changed that wouldn't have been brought up by now.

I'm sure it's something like this.

Or just multiverse alternate Earth poo poo. On Earth-253, Darkh killed Ollie instead, and his "kill everyone outside this suburb" plan worked, so Laurel-253 used some combination of metahuman super-science or astral magic to Earth hop until she found one where Ollie didn't die and things sucked less, like Sliders crossed with the Cronenberg episode of Rick and Morty.

Only her Earth didn't have Big Belly Burger and her Earth's version of Harrison Wells was a centaur.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So yeah that last scene...

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Scyantific posted:

So yeah that last scene...

drat. Its like the producers fell in love with their show again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I don't get it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the scene of Oliver returning from the dead, in the pilot.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
So the next five seasons are alt-Laurel flashbacks?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

So the next five seasons are alt-Laurel flashbacks?

Can't decide if this would be horrible or incredible.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When Oli goes to visit his girlfriend, why are the lights off? She's got a lamp turned on in the middle of the room but no other lighting, and neither of them turns any lights on. It's weird.

howe_sam posted:

I'm enjoying flashing back to season one.
So am I, but there are two things that annoy me about it. One, is it really wise to remind the audience how much better the show used to be? And two, should have saved it for the first episode of next season so that everyone would think they were actually going to carry on doing the flashbacks forever, even though we would now already know what happened five years ago.

howe_sam posted:

:sigh: and the episode was going so well until Ollie killed Felicity's boyfriend.
Did people not see that coming? As soon as Ollie authorised the police to use lethal force, I knew a good guy was going to kill Felicity's boyfriend. I thought it would be a cop and Ollie would blame himself for authorising it, but I was close.

Scyantific posted:

Reporter lady is deffo Prometheus, calling it now.
They certainly seem to be hinting that, but it will annoy me if it's not actually Michael Dorn. You can't use that well-known a voice and then just go "nope it was someone who sounds completely different disguising their voice to sound like Worf somehow".

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

MAKE THIS CITY GREAT AGAIN
I really thought he was going to say that.

Klungar posted:

How does the crew immediately forgive Ollie for murdering Felicity's boyfriend? How does Felicity ever come back to work?
I get the rest of them being basically OK with it since they never knew the guy, but yeah, of all the things that Felicity could reasonably hold against him, this would be a pretty reasonable one. Still, I'm glad they're not doing that. It does raise the question of why they had it play out that way though. It could have been any innocent person and Ollie would have been just as cut up about it.

Autism Sneaks posted:

That would actually be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tiggum posted:

They certainly seem to be hinting that, but it will annoy me if it's not actually Michael Dorn.

THIS CITY HAS NO HONOUR!

• Locked thread