Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Sion support is fun as gently caress.

I also have a friend that is a Yasuo main that doesn't understand the stigma against Yasuo mains. He is a hard silver and swears he plays at a diamond level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

I also have a friend that is a Yasuo main that doesn't understand the stigma against Yasuo mains. He is a hard silver and swears he plays at a diamond level

I'm a hard diamond :grin:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Kitfox88 posted:

every yasuo i encounter

also posting to say that sion/nasus support owns bones

This is pretty good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

you are exactly half right.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Draven
Spinning Axe (Q) bonus damage changed to [flat 30/35/40/45/50 damage + 65/75/85/95/105% of bonus AD] from [45/55/65/75/85% of total AD]

I think looking at this if I mathed it right this is a gigantic nerf to Draven's lategame, maybe a buff to his early?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Servaetes posted:

Draven
Spinning Axe (Q) bonus damage changed to [flat 30/35/40/45/50 damage + 65/75/85/95/105% of bonus AD] from [45/55/65/75/85% of total AD]

I think looking at this if I mathed it right this is a gigantic nerf to Draven's lategame, maybe a buff to his early?

He gets ahead at 200 bonus AD. You're losing only base AD, effectively, so 0.85*105 = 89.6 is what the base damage and 20% extra bonus AD scaling needs to compensate for. Subtract 50 and you get 39.6, which rounds out to 200 bonus AD. This may make Draven's earlygame even better before he buys a BF, maybe. We'll see.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Because Draven's level two power spike really needed help :stonk:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Transient People posted:

He gets ahead at 200 bonus AD. You're losing only base AD, effectively, so 0.85*105 = 89.6 is what the base damage and 20% extra bonus AD scaling needs to compensate for. Subtract 50 and you get 39.6, which rounds out to 200 bonus AD. This may make Draven's earlygame even better before he buys a BF, maybe. We'll see.

Yeah, I screwed up my numbers, much obliged for clarifying. The changes to his W are extremely welcome, not sure if it's enough to dissuade an Essence Reaver pickup. His very early looks gross

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Speaking of gross powerspikes, Lucian passive up to 40% base at level 1 and more damage on his Q :flashfap:

I want him to be good again so, so bad. Come on rito!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I mean I don't really know if any of the changes to Lucian or Draven will be enough to make me not play Jhin because Jhin is fun as gently caress but I'm cool with them elevating other ADCs as opposed to nerfing one set of them and buffing another

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They're definitely making an effort to bring bully ADCs back into the game, which I appreciate. Anything to help alleviate the feeling of bot lane being a battle of who has the better jungler is welcome.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Especially with Vayne being ubiquitous I really want them to be good. There's nothing more fun than making GBS threads on vaynemaynes and knocking them out of the game and watching them rage.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Vermain posted:

They're definitely making an effort to bring bully ADCs back into the game, which I appreciate. Anything to help alleviate the feeling of bot lane being a battle of who has the better jungler is welcome.

Every lane right now is the battle of who has the better jungler. It's loving stupid, and I'm a 7 season jungle main.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Nazzadan posted:

Every lane right now is the battle of who has the better jungler. It's loving stupid, and I'm a 7 season jungle main.

Yeah, it's really silly. I'll be 1/1/5 as Ivern and be doing "bad," because the score is 6-9 and they have a 7/0/1 Lee Sin or Vi.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

Draven

They should change his axes back to what they were at release, bleed damage and all, for one week. Just so we can relive his glory days.

Taric's ult, too.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

I legit don't understand people who play high skill champs in bronze/silver honestly even gold. Like if you were good at yasuo or vayne or w/e you'd be able to hard carry your team most games and easily climb, you're stuck there because you're not good at the champ.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually i am very good mechanically and dumber than poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are a lot of Yasou players who are extremely mechanically good but have loving terrible game sense and thus have no good idea of when to push or when to back or when to stop chasing or basically anything that isn't 1v5ing an enemy team. Arguably that's not being good at the champion but I'd say it's more they're good at the champion and terrible at the game.

Edit: Honestly there are a lot of ANY player who are good at the core mechanics but can't stop themselves from overextending or chasing the enemy instead of going for objectives or deciding to wander into the enemy's unwarded jungle at 5% health.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Nah, gently caress Yasuo players. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt, ever. Never compromise, even in the face of a thousand Yasuos.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sometimes players are so good mechanically that their bad game sense wraps around to working out perfectly. I'll be frantically back-pinging my Draven from an obvious approaching gank, he instead goes under their tower for a double kill as the jungler futilely wraps around from river trying to chase him.

Playing support means sometimes you do a lot of *back ping* *back ping* *back ping* *exhaust* "gj"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
As a Janna player, I'd way rather have a mechanically gifted moron than the alternative as my ADC. It's kind of the role designed for them. I can ward for an idiot and tell them when to run away, but making my ADC dodge Morgana binding is much more difficult.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Playing support means sometimes you do a lot of *back ping* *back ping* *back ping* *exhaust* "gj"

Jesus christ does it ever.

It's even worse because you never know if they'll go "Whew, that was nuts, thanks for saving me" or "Why did you ping, noob, I had it perfectly under control" and then proceed to dive six more times.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

So who's good vs Yasuo top now other than Poppy? Feels like he's consistently outtrading me now when i play all the bruisers who used to poo poo on him, and he wins every duel once he has his incredibly cheap Phantom Dancer.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

So who's good vs Yasuo top now other than Poppy?
Your jungler. Welcome to season seven

edit: to elaborate in a non-rear end in a top hat way, he seems to lose against CC-heavy bruiser/tank champions that can effectively set up jungler ganks when he inevitably flies a bit too close to the sun for a trade. He's a really obnoxious laning champion, both in the sense that he can out-trade pretty much everyone and that the way he dashes through minions is fundamentally infuriating on every level, so while you won't have a great time playing the likes of Nautilus or Malphite against him, you'll win the game more often than you'll lose via teamfighting, not dying in lane, and most Yasuo players being loving morons.

edit edit: Similar to most champions whose kit is "1v1 me noob" you'll win if you adamantly refuse to ever duel him.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 10, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

So who's good vs Yasuo top now other than Poppy?

Riven has always poo poo on Yasuo, it's one of his harder counters

stump collector
May 28, 2007
renekton and tryndamere should beat him too probably if those are more your speed

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
If you play enough games on Sion you can become an idiot savant at him like me and start solo killing everyone in lane.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Pantheon seems pretty easy into Yasuo as well, but Pantheon eats squishy toplaners for breakfast

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
TEAM MEMBER: pinging back repeatedly

ME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8To7kvH8s

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Karma murders Yasuo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This is something I should really know after 99999 games playing against him, but how does interrupting a Yasuo ult work? Say that I'm playing I don't know *~janna~* and I R as soon as he starts it, does that stop his ult damage from being applied? Does it free my allies from the suspend?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

This is something I should really know after 99999 games playing against him, but how does interrupting a Yasuo ult work? Say that I'm playing I don't know *~janna~* and I R as soon as he starts it, does that stop his ult damage from being applied? Does it free my allies from the suspend?
From what I've seen as a supp it doesn't count as a channel so if he hits the button on someone then they eat the full thing regardless of what happens to him mid ult. As far as I know it basically works like Vi's where if you cc her during the animation it doesn't stop anything but if it lasts past the animation it will stay on them for the rest of the duration.

I'm sure you already know this but in case other supps reading this don't the best counters to it are to try and cc him when a knockup is landing on a teammate or using exh during the decently long windup it has once his ult starts.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

As a Janna player, I'd way rather have a mechanically gifted moron than the alternative as my ADC. It's kind of the role designed for them. I can ward for an idiot and tell them when to run away, but making my ADC dodge Morgana binding is much more difficult.

hi friend :downs:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Every game I lane against a singed takes a year off my life. A good year.
It's the least fun laning phase possible, and it's also extended for the entire duration of the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

as a dumb but mechanical adc, things that i want: to farm, sometimes to kill people
things i have to do instead: listen to the support, most of the time

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

LegalPad posted:

Every game I lane against a singed takes a year off my life. A good year.
It's the least fun laning phase possible, and it's also extended for the entire duration of the game.

What? I love laning against Singed, it's a really good test of your footwork and positioning.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Just play morgana against singed and spam laugh everytime you blackshield a flip.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

every yasuo i encounter

This is only Yasuo on your team. On the enemy team its Bjergsen's smurf playing.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Uh?

• Locked thread