Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
So do we all agree that the ultimate cause of Hillary's loss was Fight Song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I thought it was "3 emojis or less"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I thought it was her making an entire website to say an internet meme was racist

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I thought it was the time they put a lot of work and testing into "dangerous donald" and said it once on live TV and then noticed everyone wincing and stopped

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I mean it certainly didn't help

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I thought it was her making an entire website to say an internet meme was racist

Lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yes

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i didn't care for fight song

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its simultaneously the whitest poo poo in the world that real white people cringe at

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i thought it was her lack of dank memes personally

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

My immediate reaction was "I thought you were serious for a second, haha" which just made her REALLY angry. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but if she still believes that and has no regrets I am not going to go out of my way to mend things.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

i didn't care for fight song

It shoulda been raining blood

edit: realize i've had them backwards for a decade :staredog:

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 07:13 on Dec 10, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

UHD posted:

i thought it was her lack of dank memes personally

you cant force mems, and there were some horrible horrible forced mems that you loving cucks infested cspam with

"yasss queen"

trump mems were natural as gently caress and naturally dank

sanders memes were natural too

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

I thought it was "3 emojis or less"

Grondoth posted:

Grondoth posted:

I thought it was the time they put a lot of work and testing into "dangerous donald" and said it once on live TV and then noticed everyone wincing and stopped

Hillary Clinton is a dumb old nerd who is bad at the internet and people in general.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Things that would have made Fight Song more bearable:

- Hillary herself singing it and doing all the a cappella rhythms
- Every once in a while one of the singer panes would be a loop of Hillary's reaction to the balloons dropping
- Instead of the song it just played all your loved ones screaming in agony

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
maybe your nerd queen with a bodycount shouldn't have been your nominee

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Maybe devoting $40 million in campaign funds to mail out fight song eight-tracks to people in influential circles would have changed the whole election.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Baloogan posted:

Maybe.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TUMBLR! *click*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
too bad that's how history unfolded, now we can only live with what has happened.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no its great things turned out this way, we should rejoice every single day

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

logikv9 posted:

too bad that's how history unfolded, now we can only live with what has happened.

actually, i've discovered a way to carry my hatred of hillary clinton forward by pretending that chelsea clinton will immediately start campaigning for president in hillary's place in 2020. Checkmate

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Who said anything about LIVING with the results? Lets not get too optimistic now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The biggest problem of Hillary Clinton to me is that everything around her felt so forced.

It was like her supporters were begging everyone else to like her.

"Please like our candidate! She's human too!"

"She's hip! Look at her doing the dab and the fight song!"

"WHY WON'T YOU LIKE HER IF SHE IS FOR POLICIES YOU LIKE! STOP BEING BLIND!"

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

logikv9 posted:

that's not true we can also shitpost about it

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Baloogan posted:

you cant force mems, and there were some horrible horrible forced mems that you loving cucks infested cspam with

"yasss queen"

trump mems were natural as gently caress and naturally dank

sanders memes were natural too

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
even your precious "nasty women" and "bad hombre" memes are things the god emperor said.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you got that one shimmie.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
don't doxx me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

barf

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Do DNC chairs have fixed terms?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

loving sexist HillaryBros

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What was the best source on Jason Jones and the whole issue about not wanting their kids being integrated with the less advantaged school in their area?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aurubin posted:

Do DNC chairs have fixed terms?

No, it gets voted on every year, I think, with no term limits. August Belmont held the position for 12 years.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HorseRenoir posted:

yeah, hence the "midterms are a referendum on the sitting president's administration" thing

Hardly. In 1986, at the arguable peak of Reagans popularity and days before Iran Contra broke and could therefore be blamed with dragging down his popularity, Dems kicked the poo poo out of the Republicans and took a majority in both houses. People seem to think that W. was the pattern, not the rule. The truth of the matter is that 9/11 threw America for such a loop, that it stopped the inevitable first term backlash that always occurs.

Not that I'm saying that Trump being pig-loving atrocious won't help significantly, just that even a great president will lose in the first midterm.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grognan posted:

What was the best source on Jason Jones and the whole issue about not wanting their kids being integrated with the less advantaged school in their area?

Here:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/schooled/2016/06/17/the_upper_west_side_is_new_york_s_latest_school_integration_battleground.html

Samantha Bee and Jason Jones did everything in their power to keep poor kids out their school.

quote:

To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tower time posted:

I haven't talked to a friend of 10+ years for several weeks since she accused myself and other midwesterners of being part of a vast conspiracy to lie about our voting intentions so Clinton would not visit or spend money here.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i like watching the daily show to keep my hatred for liberals focused and pure

• Locked thread