Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Finding that Ancient One is loving incredible on a team

One on one she might not be the best for a fight (she's great for a ton of fights anyway though) but pulling her out and dropping a heal and throwing some shade, then popping back to say Sharon is great

Finished Thanos with zero buffs because I goofed a punch but also 100% health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
This just confirms my suspicions that Hulkbuster was always a hero for garbo players.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

No... that's not true.... he's cool!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Finding that Ancient One is loving incredible on a team

One on one she might not be the best for a fight (she's great for a ton of fights anyway though) but pulling her out and dropping a heal and throwing some shade, then popping back to say Sharon is great

Finished Thanos with zero buffs because I goofed a punch but also 100% health

She's really good, but I was super disappointed to hear her 25% damage buff passive as a T2 only applies to elemental damage for some weird reason. So Strange or Sharon wouldn't benefit, the only character compatible with her leadership and T2 buff is Lincoln Campbell. :doh:

There's a huge shitstorm on Reddit over it. One Netmarbu rep says it's working as intended, while someone in their customer service department said it's bugged, so nobody knows what the gently caress to make of it.

Edit: Hulkbuster users are scum.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So today I'll be able to rank up Daredevil to 6*, who is my last character farmable from (old)story mode who isn't 6*.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Misty Knight is Speed?

Edit: Heh, nice edit.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

attn Wargle please add Video Paine to the alliance so I can continue my journey. :ohdear: Hugs and kisses, me

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BGrifter posted:

Misty Knight is Speed?

Edit: Heh, nice edit.

Well Modok and Malekith each have a single Mind damage skill so they technically count I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RatHat posted:

Well Modok and Malekith each have a single Mind damage skill so they technically count I guess.

T2 Ancient One redeemed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

These battle to 100% WBI really tests a man's will and patience.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Dave posted:

After maxing out on WBI yesterday I don't think I'll do that again. The rewards aren't particularly good and the big Mythical/Legendary chests you see getting posted are huge outliers. I'll do a half dozen runs a day probably but I regret buying a 4th chest slot for 1k crystals.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I'll just be doing like 6 a day with my best characters(for that boss).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
dr. strange with no upgrades versus thanos world boss

results are in: thanos is a little bitch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Trying to do Surtur's special goal with pubbies is the absolute worst. The only hope you have is that you get 2 bad pubbies who can't kill the boss on their own so you can control the fight until you use the co-op skill 3 times.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Dave posted:

Having to use coop skill 3 times is proving impossible. Also it's ironic it tells you the "best" player is the one who does the most damage when the other 2 guys are trying to slow down to get another coop in

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The worst is having someone not connect and their character just auto-plays in fire the whole time.

I'm at 1021 points for Timeline Battles. For some reason it will only pair me against people who are 2000+.

Edit: Twice now I've been insta-killed by Surtur as soon as the round starts. Then we won. I don't know.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 10, 2016

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I'm at 1021 points for Timeline Battles. For some reason it will only pair me against people who are 2000+.

I'm seeing this too, all getting paired against 6* Strange and Thanos when all I want to do is afk to 1500

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BGrifter posted:

She's really good, but I was super disappointed to hear her 25% damage buff passive as a T2 only applies to elemental damage for some weird reason. So Strange or Sharon wouldn't benefit, the only character compatible with her leadership and T2 buff is Lincoln Campbell. :doh:

There's a huge shitstorm on Reddit over it. One Netmarbu rep says it's working as intended, while someone in their customer service department said it's bugged, so nobody knows what the gently caress to make of it.

Edit: Hulkbuster users are scum.
Wouldn't the other folks who do almost pure electric, cold, or fire work too? Like Misty, the Thors and Car Rider?

Also I haven't seen hulkbuster in wb yet but keep in mind the team up effects are from a randomly selected pool, one of which looks like the HB containment thing. Though HB doesn't have a t2 yet, right? So it'd be garbo just like other folks lacking a t2 since this is a mode geared around t2s.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ Ancient One's leadership only works on Blast characters is what he was saying, and Lincoln is the only Blast character with pure elemental skills.

Looks like you can only put 2 of the same Uru on each gear. So I guess most characters will be 8 Energy/Physical Attack Urus, 8 HP Urus, 4 whatever.

EDIT: If you REALLY don't need HP at all you can go with 8 Defense Penetration I guess.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 10, 2016

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

It's likely better for almost everyone to go defense penetration over hp in every possible situation

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except for specific characters who rely on healing like Moon Knight and Kamala Khan, yeah maybe.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

Though HB doesn't have a t2 yet, right?

Na I'm working on his right now

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

They haven't changed caps at all to account for uru that we know of, right? Defense pen is good but it's not that hard to hit the cap already. I feel like if they don't fiddle with the numbers we're going to have people capped on every stat possible pretty soon.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I've played this game for 3 days. Pubbies are the worst. I don't know poo poo about this game, but I know to press the god drat team-up button in WBI. Did manage to down the last two bosses though and finish 2nd in damage. Yay Hyperion?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hitting the team-up button is like 90% of the fights.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Surtur fight is the worst possible poo poo ever, not only is it the stupid 50% - 50% bullshit, but also he has a one shot move.
I am working so hard to get to 100% in our favor while some shmuck decides to stand in his ultimate move and drop it down below 50% gently caress it, I only managed to do it 4 times (strange, proxy and some other 2) and every time I got a basic chest.

Worst fight ever

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

There's my orange chest. Bit disappointing. More norns are always welcome I guess. Was hoping for some useful bios.

So I'm also going to be able to finish off Proxima tomorrow hopefully. Then the long trek for Thanos or Odin, so which one do you think is better to go with first?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's better to go with neither of those and instead focus on Corvus, Supergiant, or The Ebony Maw, as they all nearly as good and you can have two of them for the cost of one of that pair.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Well, I already get 5/5 on every world boss but iThanos, so I figured I'd just ask for opinions.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
God these pubbies are stupid. I just had to run two characters into the boss without attacking in WBI to prevent some rear end in a top hat from hitting 100% before we got the third Team Up in.

Congratulations buddy, you've proven to the whole world Warwolf/Daisy/Supergiant deals damage. loving moron.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I one shot Surtur by accident with Prox, my apologies for pressing the 6* button. No buffs, just a team up bonus. Literally got 100% of the damage. Basic chest, of course. :suicide:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NmareBfly posted:

I one shot Surtur by accident with Prox, my apologies for pressing the 6* button. No buffs, just a team up bonus. Literally got 100% of the damage. Basic chest, of course. :suicide:

You're gay.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

haven't found a team that can kill Surtur

cool game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy poo poo upgrading Urus is loving bullshit. The failure rate for 4->5 and 5->6 has gotta be over 50%. At least you don't lose the base Uru, just the upgrade materials.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
some dude's breakdown of how he did shadowland with only two t2s

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ws42r1HUIiYgenfx5P_RjnquDe4Qo-82KdpVXdi9yOM/edit#gid=1256525546

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't even know how you guys are clearing WBI today. Everyone I team up with just auto-attacks or runs characters that do garbage damage like Groot. They're too dumb to do anything but stand Surtur's flames which constantly moves the % in the wrong direction and they STILL CAN'T loving HIT THE CO-OP BUTTON.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I don't even know how you guys are clearing WBI today. Everyone I team up with just auto-attacks or runs characters that do garbage damage like Groot. They're too dumb to do anything but stand Surtur's flames which constantly moves the % in the wrong direction and they STILL CAN'T loving HIT THE CO-OP BUTTON.

Yeah same, I got one good team so far where people actually dodged flames and hit coop, unsurprisingly even the damage was split in like 40 30 30.
Sometimes, just sometimes you find someone who is actually playing this....

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Just kept force quitting til I got exactly one person with a pulse and one moron, so the fight was winnable but took long enough to get 3 co-ops in. Brilliant design.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Just won a WBI in under 5 seconds. Another Dr.Strange did 88% of the damage, I did like 5% because Captain Marvel was hit by a meteor and instantly died.

...and I got my first RED chest

Maybe all these pubbies just realized the real strat is to lose horribly so the game rewards you with the best chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just had two WBIs where Surtur instakilled all 3 of our primary heroes within the first second

• Locked thread