Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope i never have to explain any facet of SA to my future spouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Sweetie why is there a post that just says "Kill all white men" over and over again?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got really lucky that my gf was huge on music fan forums in the 90s and doesn't think it's weird that I post here with the double benefit that she has zero interest in posting here

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I just refer to it as "that forum I like to read" and leave it at that :v:

Palisader posted:

What's the name of the other prolific PYF troll/gimmick? They have an avatar with a woman blowing a kiss that say "actually the best" or something like that. I was trying to explain pyf to my husband and couldn't remember their name and now it's driving me batty.

FAROOQ

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Dec 9, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

accidental post/quote is not reply what have you. Awkward!

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

PCOS Bill posted:

No it isn't

I'm from the Netherlands and I was doubting that squaw was a racist term, up until you posted this and now I'm a 100% sure it is. Thanks for clearing that up brother.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

What a strange job.

Special effects in the realm of gore is all about trying to horrify and gross out the audience, yeah. It can be particularly funny to read about the stuff that artists will manage on a shoestring budget; the popular example is that exploding head scene from Scanners. The special effects team just took a mannequin, filled its head with canned dog food and other random messy poo poo, aimed a shotgun at it from behind, and pulled the trigger. :black101:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Special effects in the realm of gore is all about trying to horrify and gross out the audience, yeah. It can be particularly funny to read about the stuff that artists will manage on a shoestring budget; the popular example is that exploding head scene from Scanners. The special effects team just took a mannequin, filled its head with canned dog food and other random messy poo poo, aimed a shotgun at it from behind, and pulled the trigger. :black101:

And then there's the original Evil Dead movie, where they did the exact same thing: they shot fake heads and windows for real with a shotgun, with the cameraman lying out of the path of the shot.

And then there's Act of Valor, where they used actual Navy SEALS instead of actors and filmed some scenes with the shooters using live ammunition. Including wrecking a truck with a minigun :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTaRhMBGzkY

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

His instagram is all pictures of dead babies that he sculpted

Is it time to retire our current thread title yet?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Is it time to retire our current thread title yet?

Did you notice a sign out in front of this thread that said "Dead Baby Storage"?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Xen Tricks posted:

Legit question, actually wondering, why not just ban them? Like LOB is funny yeah but for the rest they add nothing other than derails and pissing people off. Is there some unwritten SA rule not to ban these kind of posters? I never really understood

I'm an IK, which means I have some vague mod-like powers, but in order for me to ban someone, it becomes an even more protracted process than it would with a regular mod. Giving a six to someone whose entire raison d'ętre is to aggravate people is not going to deter them, it is just going to make me tired.

My point is that ignoring a troll post doesn't mean that people are going to somehow think you implicitly agree with the statement because you failed to challenge it.

Anyway, here's a video of a woman accidentally removing all her eyelashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mm1e2-VvKk

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

These Cenobite designs are getting out of hand

Yeah, it's really getting long in the tooth.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please do not insult my good friends PCOS Bill, FAROOQ and LoB.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

oldpainless posted:

To the gallows with ye!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

cash crab posted:

Anyway, here's a video of a woman accidentally removing all her eyelashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mm1e2-VvKk

That cut right before she does the second eye makes this look pretty fake.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

oldpainless posted:

More like oldtasteless, eh?

I like PCOS Bill's posts, mostly

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

oldpainless posted:

LoB doesn't count because his IOSM posts are actually contributing to the thread subject, just in an unconventional way. He's completely normal outside the thread.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Dienes posted:

That cut right before she does the second eye makes this look pretty fake.

Ayup.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

also her eyelashes arent gone they are just pointing forward and not freakishly long and slathered in mascera

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

cash crab posted:

I'm an IK, which means I have some vague mod-like powers, but in order for me to ban someone, it becomes an even more protracted process than it would with a regular mod. Giving a six to someone whose entire raison d'ętre is to aggravate people is not going to deter them, it is just going to make me tired.

My point is that ignoring a troll post doesn't mean that people are going to somehow think you implicitly agree with the statement because you failed to challenge it.

But banning them means that when they rereg these dying forums get $10 to sustain them for a little longer

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kill ur self

E: sorry this is a reminder for myself later not an insult pls don't ban nt flmn r trlln

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Hihohe posted:

Its literally rule number 1 dude.

Low Content Posts
" replies consisting solely of trolling fall into this category"

I said ban-worthy.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

cash crab posted:

I'm an IK, which means I have some vague mod-like powers, but in order for me to ban someone, it becomes an even more protracted process than it would with a regular mod. Giving a six to someone whose entire raison d'être is to aggravate people is not going to deter them, it is just going to make me tired.

Fair enough, though I meant more for the forums as a whole rather than just your domain. Also yeah ^^^^ :10bux: for lowtax and his spawn.

Also Christ even if that's fake it's still very uncomfortable

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Xen Tricks posted:

Fair enough, though I meant more for the forums as a whole rather than just your domain. Also yeah ^^^^ :10bux: for lowtax and his spawn.

shut up idiot

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Who was the guy who used to troll old GBS constantly with his opinions about hardline communism? I was just thinking about how quaint and unbannable his posts would be today in new GBS.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... is that Ryan Davis?

I think I remember them talking about it on the bombcast how they all thought it was weird as hell that some game developer or some award thing was handing out fedoras to everyone.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

free basket of chips posted:

I hope i never have to explain any facet of SA to my future spouse

He also posts on SA, just in different subs. We... look, it works, okay?

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I just refer to it as "that forum I like to read" and leave it at that :v:

FAROOQ

Thank you

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Who was the guy who used to troll old GBS constantly with his opinions about hardline communism? I was just thinking about how quaint and unbannable his posts would be today in new GBS.

Not Commie Ned Flanders, I assume?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I went and looked it up; it was a monster costume for a Syfy Original about a monster that eats people's teeth for some reason. The costume is apparently all silicone and the guy who worked on it has a lot of experience in the field of making really gross poo poo for TV and movies. His instagram is all pictures of dead babies that he sculpted, people with their faces ripped halfway off, people with their chest cavities laid open for the world to see, and so on.

Yeah, I believe they also worked on Hannibal. A show that's the epitome of G without being A or U.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Found this digging through the bins at Disk Union in Shibuya.

I've got to feel like the overlap of vinyl people and bronies has to be pretty small, but that person would definitely belong in this thread.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

I've got to feel like the overlap of vinyl people and bronies has to be pretty small, but that person would definitely belong in this thread.

Now I can't stop imagining hipsters who are into my little pony, and I can't think of any combination more insufferable.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Megabound posted:

Now I can't stop imagining hipsters who are into my little pony, and I can't think of any combination more insufferable.

there were plenty before the deviantart crowd took over

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

"But Doctor, I am an athiest"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

I guarantee he doesn't have the guts to do anything like that.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

How can you be so far up your own rear end that you would be even in the vicinity of believing this? :psyduck:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

System Metternich posted:

How can you be so far up your own rear end that you would be even in the vicinity of believing this? :psyduck:

Pretty far. Far enough to think that beard looks good on anyone other than a civil war general.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rumspringa is a hard time.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

System Metternich posted:

Most of those pics are fake tbh, just overlaid with stupid rear end creeds like that. It's become kind of a meme since the whole euphoric thing.

That said they always manage to find a really AUG face to put under their text so there's that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The fact that people wear their facial hair like that is major aug by itself, memed or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

ReidRansom posted:

Eh my two year old likes pressing the buttons on my record player to make it start playing, and she likes dancing to kids music, so I can see why this exists. I have a few kids LPs just for her.

• Locked thread