Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Just play around with the deck first to see what you need vs what you're facing, tho I don't think crimson purge is going to be very useful for it since it's not going to help against aggro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone ever record their games with Shadowplay? I've found it struggling to capture like the big flashy animated moments like evolves and big effects and that's weird. It does just fine on much more visually complicated and resource-intensive games.

Falling Cat
Nov 4, 2012

I conserve angular momentum
Has anyone else ever gotten "unstable connection" randomly on the PC/steam version? It just popped up in the middle of a match even though my connection was fine. I tried waiting it out, but after the message went away I still couldn't do anything even though my turn timed out so I just quit.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah it happened to me once. i got a loss after about 3 minutes. my connection was otherwise fine. also i tried to queue again right after and it kept giving me matchmaking timeouts so i just gave up for that night.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Falling Cat posted:

Has anyone else ever gotten "unstable connection" randomly on the PC/steam version? It just popped up in the middle of a match even though my connection was fine. I tried waiting it out, but after the message went away I still couldn't do anything even though my turn timed out so I just quit.

I've only gotten that message when my internet actually went out. It's kind of annoying there's no reconnect option.

Falling Cat
Nov 4, 2012

I conserve angular momentum
Yeah, that sucks that you can't really do anything about it then. I've gotten it before playing on my phone but at least that makes sense with spotty phone WiFi. Oh well, hopefully I don't run into that again.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Last night had a similar wierd situation where I didn't D/C but the match just hung forever on the opponents turn, gave up and just forcequit the game after like 10 minutes of nothing happening. Unfortunate but connection problems seem pretty rare despite going overseas a lot so w/e.

Been playing a few weeks now and finally got my first 3x of a legendary from packs.. Erasmus. Oh well, there's worse problems to have, I think I've dusted 3 Skullfanes by now :v:

Arena's been going pretty well at least, been playing ~10 rounds a day while I have some time off and only slowly losing gold. Got 8 5-0's runs now after a pretty disgusting forest draft earlier and closing in on 200 wins total. Still a bit wary of playing too much ranked, my only 'competitive' deck is a D-shift deck I haven't played much and an aggro blood I need to get a few more cards for.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Three more Storm Haven games. These are a bit less instructive than the last video. No long pauses for lines of play and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZObZUU4hlgw

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Three more Storm Haven games. These are a bit less instructive than the last video. No long pauses for lines of play and stuff.

It was a good call on the angelic barrage in the first game. I would've played birdsong since, even if they play an ancient elf, with that hand you can play hallowed dogma on either the aria or birdsong next turn and eat the elf while playing a hound to protect them. It puts the most power onto the board, but that line's more vulnerable to will of the forest and you don't know if you have a good turn 5 play if they just play will.

Looking at your draws I think turn 3 birdsong would have still worked out but I think barrage was safer since it can get stuck in your hand.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Thanks, I'm enjoying these!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Even with the three wins I'd say my biggest mistake is the same with every game -- I identify my preferred line too quickly and go for it without thinking about alternatives, or I identify one thing I want to do and then do it and then plan around that without looking at it holistically.

In short, I play too goddamn fast. I do the same poo poo in Hearthstone and Magic. It can be good to be able to do it but to the extent that I do it right I should be building off of that to spend my free time criticizing those lines and looking to improve upon them or spotting their weaknesses rather than getting a turn done quickly and passing.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I linked my steam account with a phone and no credit for the quest

why oh why can you not replace that quest

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You have to link to facebook/google/whatever

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/807627487270182912

This card will clearly be amazing in Face Dragon. The only question is what to replace.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

probably run it over imprisoned dragon or maybe ironscale dragon folk?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/807627487270182912

This card will clearly be amazing in Face Dragon. The only question is what to replace.

Shadowverse: The Rage of Bahamut (Who is angry because everybody will die before getting to 10pp)

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Been messing with heal/PTP forest, its been pretty drat trolly against storm haven. Nothing like them ignoring that fairy beast I just dropped that healed for 8 then bouce it back into my hand and heal another 8 next turn. Not the most efficient deck but slowing people down feels goooood.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Genuinely worried about the growing density of storm cards

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
time's up

let's do this

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

hey you could get bahamut out turn 9 if you wanted to

Shadowcraft, pull him out with the 7 mana neutral legendary and sac him for 1 mana on turn 8, ceridwen evolve turn 9 :v:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
That card will probably never see play in Face Dragon actually. One of the reasons Dragonewt Scholar, Trinity Dragon and Deathmist Dragon are so strong is that when evolved they are out of range of Blackened Scripture, Priest of the Cudgel, Crimson Sorcery, Dragon Warrior etc, and aren't susceptible to Elf Child May, Fire Lizard and Angelic Barrage when unevolved. And the turn 7 play is just a weaker Forte.

Also, was watching a SV community tournament and this just happened: https://clips.twitch.tv/luisthepanda/HappyCockroachWutFace

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Sophism posted:

That card will probably never see play in Face Dragon actually. One of the reasons Dragonewt Scholar, Trinity Dragon and Deathmist Dragon are so strong is that when evolved they are out of range of Blackened Scripture, Priest of the Cudgel, Crimson Sorcery, Dragon Warrior etc. And the turn 7 play is just a weaker Forte.

Also, was watching a SV community tournament and this just happened: https://clips.twitch.tv/luisthepanda/HappyCockroachWutFace

I think it's much better on turn 7 than 3 honestly. 1 health is pretty vulnerable to a lot of cards but if you evolve this on turn 7, it's a 6/5 storm that can't be attacked. It's much harder to kill than forte; you would have to use hard removal like dance of death.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

I think it's much better on turn 7 than 3 honestly. 1 health is pretty vulnerable to a lot of cards but if you evolve this on turn 7, it's a 6/5 storm that can't be attacked. It's much harder to kill than forte; you would have to use hard removal like dance of death.

The turn 3 play is atrocious, but that's precisely why it's awful. It turns it into a 7-mana Forte with 1 less attack.

Forte can and often does come out on turn 5 due to Dragon Emissary, followed by another one on turn 6. Being harder to kill doesn't factor in often, as generally you use Forte for the damage and don't really care if she dies.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

The one time this almost happened to me, my opponent cleared a guy off my board and it cost him the game. If he'd just left well enough alone I would have lost my only reasonable win con for that game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sophism posted:

oh my god i watch soulek a lot. he hates railgun lol. this must have tilted him beyond belief.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just watched a Japanese streamer run into someone in master rank playing Dragon PTP with just a billion removal spells and stuff. It seemed capable of keeping boards clear and slowly building shadows but it got pooped on by Satan and I presume it does the same against any combo if it doesn't draw Odin.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sophism posted:

The turn 3 play is atrocious, but that's precisely why it's awful. It turns it into a 7-mana Forte with 1 less attack.

Forte can and often does come out on turn 5 due to Dragon Emissary, followed by another one on turn 6. Being harder to kill doesn't factor in often, as generally you use Forte for the damage and don't really care if she dies.

It's a card you add for consistency. It's worse than a Trinity Dragon, and also worse than Forte, but it makes you twice as likely to draw either of them when you need them. I've lost tons of games just from not having my last Forte on turn 7.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

It's a card you add for consistency. It's worse than a Trinity Dragon, and also worse than Forte, but it makes you twice as likely to draw either of them when you need them. I've lost tons of games just from not having my last Forte on turn 7.

And it also adds a brick draw early. As you're much happier getting an Ironscale or Sieg turn 3-4 than a Trinity Dragon that dies to Elf Child May. So it reduces consistency up until turn 7.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just watched a Japanese streamer run into someone in master rank playing Dragon PTP with just a billion removal spells and stuff. It seemed capable of keeping boards clear and slowly building shadows but it got pooped on by Satan and I presume it does the same against any combo if it doesn't draw Odin.

Sounds fun, what were his main cards?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sophism posted:

And it also adds a brick draw early. As you're much happier getting an Ironscale or Sieg turn 3-4 than a Trinity Dragon that dies to Elf Child May. So it reduces consistency up until turn 7.

Yes, it's not best card in your deck in any situation. But it's not the worst card in your deck on turn 3 either. And in some matchups I'd prefer it to Ironscale as a 3 drop.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

Sounds fun, what were his main cards?

I mean he quite literally played almost nothing but removal. Dragon Wings, Wild Hunt, Dance of Death, Demonic Strike, the 7-drop board wipe, etc. Only non-removal cards I saw were Altered Fate, draw and ramp -- even weird poo poo like the 6-drop neutral card draw. Until I saw Altered Fate I thought maybe the plan was wiping the board a bunch, two Demonic Strike to the face (which he did) and then spending turn 10 going double Forte or something.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Managed to outlast as shadow against elana who used all three themis and even banished my first mordecai. I think i did like almost forty points of face damage; that was the most satisfying rage quit of the week

And speaking of haven and ragequiting, I met a deck in take two that played two sculptures, a priest, themis, turn 9 olivia and turn 10 satan.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Finally. The grind is over!
...and the grind for the animated Olivia and rupies begins! Maybe. Probably not.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
So I didn't know dragon roosts stack which lets you play Satan turn 6. With any card draw you can play two silent riders in one turn. It was quite something on my end when I'm able to play two Lord of the Flies on the same turn (and get no ward spawn of course).

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

So I didn't know dragon roosts stack which lets you play Satan turn 6. With any card draw you can play two silent riders in one turn. It was quite something on my end when I'm able to play two Lord of the Flies on the same turn (and get no ward spawn of course).

Phoenix roost? It has always allowed you to play Satan on 6. And in the expansion it'll allow your opponent to drop Bahamut on your rear end as long as they have 5 pp.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

Phoenix roost? It has always allowed you to play Satan on 6. And in the expansion it'll allow your opponent to drop Bahamut on your rear end as long as they have 5 pp.

You might even be able to use that offensively: Play phoenix roost -->opponent plays all their expensive cards-->play Bahamut and destroy everything

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Tamba posted:

You might even be able to use that offensively: Play phoenix roost -->opponent plays all their expensive cards-->play Bahamut and destroy everything

Every time someone played that card, I had Seraph in my hand. It was very entertaining, for me.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm able to play two Lord of the Flies on the same turn (and get no ward spawn of course).

That fucker has such a habit of picking the one option that will save a game when played against me that I legit thought for a while that it tried to pick the best by some sort of algorithm.

edit: Unrelated, I'm on a 9-game winning streak in A2. It's like everyone forgot how Storm Haven works all of a sudden.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 11, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tfw your banner gets petrified and you still use the golem for lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Man, had what felt like a fantastic rune draft, 2 pascals, like 7-8 of the better earth amulets, remi and juno's and other good rites, no dead cards, everything. Won my first three games and thought I might actually go 5 but some bad luck ended me 3-2 :( still will probably avoid rune in arena but it inspired me to give earth rune a shot in constructed at least

• Locked thread