Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Morby posted:

Infamous Second Son/First Light are fun games.
I agree, wish we had a new Infamous by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Unmodified games aren't supposed to get Pro enhancements, but for one, the LBP3 menu is significantly smoother and snappier than before (no patch).

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Harlock posted:

I fully expected to hear about one at PSX. I guess they're busy with new IP, though.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Harlock posted:

What the gently caress is with there not being another by now.

What is cool though is how well it's special effects still hold up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

if you like JRPGs World of Final Fantasy is good and fun

They should patch this line to read "Unless you're on a PS4 Pro, lol."

SectumSempra posted:

What the gently caress is with there not being another by now.

What is cool though is how well it's special effects still hold up.

The Infamous guys are working on Spider-Man.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was very surprised Sucker Punch didn't showed up at Playstation Live.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The Infamous guys are working on Spider-Man.

insomniac is making it
not sucker punch

I wish sucker punch was making the spiderman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

insomniac is making it
not sucker punch

I wish sucker punch was making the spiderman

Oh, huh, I'm not sure why I got confused there.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I thought the same when it was announced, SUPER easy mistake, it just makes too much sense for sucker punch to do it.

but hey :shrug: i guess the ratchet and clank guys are capable.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Should have been a joint venture. Sucker Punch think up and jazz up the villains and their powers while Insomniac focuses on Spider-Man.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

homeless snail posted:

Its insane that Warhawk was the PS1 flight sim they decided to reboot, instead of Colony Wars. I mean Warhawk PS3 and Starhawk were good but still.

Warhawk PS3 was so loving good. Titanfall 2 is the only game since that has simulated that amount of chaos, but it doesn't let you fly, or drive an APC that can blow poo poo up at ramming speed. It's just not the same. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osi_0YIR76A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7ziu96gBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0k3qgyhkE&t=5s

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 10, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ImpAtom posted:

The rumour was Sucker Punch was working on it right up until the announcement.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

original PS4 killing it again.

I thought they just had some bad visual effects though

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Are there any bundles I should know about that aren't Uncharted? Don't think I have much interest in that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hopefully someone can help me as it's kind of starting to actually piss me off.

For a long while I could upload videos to my youtube no problem. Recently though it's been telling me to sign into my google account and re-connect. I did that and hit allow and it just asks me to sign in again. Over and over, the share button literally does nothing for me right now.

I've tried updating the youtube app (which funny enough lets me sign in) I've restarted the system a number of times, nothing. Has anyone else dealt with this?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yup, all the time. eventually it will fix itself, maybe

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Warhawk PS3 was so loving good. Titanfall 2 is the only game since that has simulated that amount of chaos, but it doesn't let you fly, or drive an APC that can blow poo poo up at ramming speed. It's just not the same.

One of my fondest memories playing that game with friends is the time my buddy drove a jeep covered in proximity mines into the side of the tank that was shooting at our sniper point in some high up tower. I laughed pretty goddamn hard. We didnt even know he was doing it. He just appeared from offscreen and whammo.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

Also Frank West was a fantastic protagonist and the new version of him looks incredibly generic, which is pretty much a war crime imho.

Wrong, Frank is hilarious in this new one.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How's Steins;Gate 0?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

punk rebel ecks posted:

How's Steins;Gate 0?
I liked it but not as much as the original or previous spinoffs. It expands the story a lot but not entirely in worthwhile ways I think.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 10, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TheHoosier posted:

One of my fondest memories playing that game with friends is the time my buddy drove a jeep covered in proximity mines into the side of the tank that was shooting at our sniper point in some high up tower. I laughed pretty goddamn hard. We didnt even know he was doing it. He just appeared from offscreen and whammo.

Ahh yes, the old Hezbollah Honda. :happyelf:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey dudes, I'm playing Dragon Quest Builders and I thought it was an okay game for the first chapter. Not really great...it's kind of a very limited Minecraft with an awful camera but with Dragon Quest's charm. However, upon reaching the second chapter, they just seem to be making me doing everything all over again that I did in the first chapter. Sigh. I want to know, does it get better? Is it worth playing? It doesn't feel like fun anymore. It just feels like work.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Hi thread

I'm playing through the mgs v bundle that was on sale, and I want to know whether I should move on to the the main game from ground zeroes yet.

I've completed all the missions, including the xof patch bonus ones, with reasonable rankings, and the game says I'm still only something laughable like 25% complete. I pretty much want to move on to the main game now, but would I be missing out on much if I did?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could have moved on as soon as you finished the main mission, which takes like an hour maybe. the rest is just showing off the versatility of the map and stealth systems

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

you could have moved on as soon as you finished the main mission, which takes like an hour maybe. the rest is just showing off the versatility of the map and stealth systems

Wrong, you need to so the mission to extract the Intelligence Operative. It's imperative, in fact.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that I don't even remember what that is tells you a lot about how imperative it is

you really just need the paz cutscene and the one where mother base blows up. that's all that matters in the main game

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

that I don't even remember what that is tells you a lot about how imperative it is

you really just need the paz cutscene and the one where mother base blows up. that's all that matters in the main game

You can erase the markings.. but the memories will always remain..

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's the mission where you rescue HIdeo Kojima himself and can carry him over to Phantom Pain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I honestly thought you got him in mgs5 either way but you're probably right

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nah, you have to rescue Hideo in Ground Zeroes first, then again in TPP. He does not show up without the imported GZ save iirc.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Soooooo... Yes, the first thing I did today after arriving home was enabling 2FA because:

:bloodborne:

Got the pack I mentioned earlier: 1tb slim+Uncharted 4+Bloodborne GOTY+2 controllers and my stored credit with Game allowed me to score a 2 year warranty will fully coverage from Game (even if I throw it out of the window) so yep, let's burn this thing!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is The Last Guardian a bad game or am I just dead on the inside? I spent like 10 minutes trying to get dogbird to jump down from a spot, figured that there must be something else I need to do so I'm running all over looking for a switch or some place to climb. Eventually go back and he finally decides to jump down from the spot. I loved Ico, but I don't have the patience for this :smith:.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

from what I understand, your dogbird doesn't always follow your instructions to make it more accurate to a real wild animal or something like that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Morby posted:

Infamous Second Son/First Light are fun games.

First Light just patched, too. I guess it's for pro support?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Goons who are subscribed to the Playstation weekly newsletter, there's a 20% off cart coupon.

Expires on 12/19/16. Hopefully it works on Stardew Valley.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

katkillad2 posted:

Is The Last Guardian a bad game or am I just dead on the inside? I spent like 10 minutes trying to get dogbird to jump down from a spot, figured that there must be something else I need to do so I'm running all over looking for a switch or some place to climb. Eventually go back and he finally decides to jump down from the spot. I loved Ico, but I don't have the patience for this :smith:.
It's a good game, but you have to have the mindset of an unruly-pet owner: any task can suddenly take five times longer than expected for no apparent reason.

They do a good job of hiding it, but also sometimes Trico just ends up in unfortunate positions where the AI has trouble maneuvering him into place to execute certain animations. Getting on/off Trico and/or leaving and re-entering the room sometimes helps, but overall this situation is fairly rare because holy hell the amount of work that went into Trico as an AI actor is staggering.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

Nah, you have to rescue Hideo in Ground Zeroes first, then again in TPP. He does not show up without the imported GZ save iirc.

Not true. I didn't do that and still got the Hideo rescue in TPP. I think you end up with two of him if you transfer?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LordMune posted:

It's a good game, but you have to have the mindset of an unruly-pet owner: any task can suddenly take five times longer than expected for no apparent reason.

They do a good job of hiding it, but also sometimes Trico just ends up in unfortunate positions where the AI has trouble maneuvering him into place to execute certain animations. Getting on/off Trico and/or leaving and re-entering the room sometimes helps, but overall this situation is fairly rare because holy hell the amount of work that went into Trico as an AI actor is staggering.

A lot of Trico's actions work because they're the only relevant command trigger for that particular puzzle, and they hide it exceedingly well. One of their other clever tricks occurs if you drop a barrel that's not quite in the right spot at its feet; Trico will look like they're playing with the barrel, but they're actually pushing it into just the right target zone for the eating animation to run properly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

morallyobjected posted:

if you like JRPGs World of Final Fantasy is good and fun

A mirage with an astounding ability to avoid attacks....

Trump is a cactaur :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Whoa whoa whoaaaaaaa.

There's game share on PS4, too??

Me and one of my buddies have been splitting costs on our Xbox One digital games. And now we can do that on our PS4's too??

• Locked thread