Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I just watched the top 8 match from that Australia stream.

Triple Imperial Aces (Vader/Whisper/Omega Leader) vs Miranda + 2 Ys

Imperial player took out both Ys at the cost of 2 health on OL. Chased Miranda into a corner.

Two turns later, Whisper was dead (Connor Net + Sabine + TLTs), Omega Leader was dead (Connor Net), and Vader was chasing a full health Miranda who took him out handily.

Turns out that bombs are crazy good when there's literally nowhere you can go to avoid them. It was beautifully flown by the Miranda player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Alternatively, it turns out that regen and TLTs are horrible.

E: Also...

KILL THE loving REGEN FIRST.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 10, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Honestly you're lucky the Y's didn't get more because that's not a list with autothrusters at all.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Just got back from Regionals here in Vic. Went 4-2 and finished 16th with Carnor and two Juke Defenders. Two of my my matches were streamed, round 5 and 6, and they should all be going up on YouTube so you can all give me poo poo for my bad decisions.

ConfusedUs posted:

I just watched the top 8 match from that Australia stream.

Triple Imperial Aces (Vader/Whisper/Omega Leader) vs Miranda + 2 Ys

Imperial player took out both Ys at the cost of 2 health on OL. Chased Miranda into a corner.

Two turns later, Whisper was dead (Connor Net + Sabine + TLTs), Omega Leader was dead (Connor Net), and Vader was chasing a full health Miranda who took him out handily.

Turns out that bombs are crazy good when there's literally nowhere you can go to avoid them. It was beautifully flown by the Miranda player.

The Miranda player is a friend of mine, he lost his top 4 game by a single dice roll. Miranda is on one hull and it's down to his second TLT shot vs a 1 hull dash with a target lock. 2 focus results and a blank and he rerolls it into 3 focuses.

My other friend ended up winning the whole thing though. If anyone was there we were the ones walking around in the Bantha Squadron t-shirts.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm like 16-1 now with FennZuckMan.

I think I like feedback+intel agent best so far on Manaroo.

What do you run on Zuck? I've been running FennTerochMan the past few weeks, but been wanting to try Zuck out.

Edit》 How do you not run K4 on Manaroo? I'd love to put other crew on her, but free target locks to go with a focus is so good.

Slandible fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 10, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Just got back from Regionals here in Vic. Went 4-2 and finished 16th with Carnor and two Juke Defenders. Two of my my matches were streamed, round 5 and 6, and they should all be going up on YouTube so you can all give me poo poo for my bad decisions.

The Miranda player is a friend of mine, he lost his top 4 game by a single dice roll. Miranda is on one hull and it's down to his second TLT shot vs a 1 hull dash with a target lock. 2 focus results and a blank and he rerolls it into 3 focuses.

My other friend ended up winning the whole thing though. If anyone was there we were the ones walking around in the Bantha Squadron t-shirts.

I saw one of your games(against palp defenders w/pred), very well done.

Carnor poops all over defenders not just with his ability but by being the highest PS ship on the board with two reposition moves.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Slandible posted:

What do you run on Zuck? I've been running FennTerochMan the past few weeks, but been wanting to try Zuck out.

Edit》 How do you not run K4 on Manaroo? I'd love to put other crew on her, but free target locks to go with a focus is so good.

Mindlink, Dengar crew, advanced sensors, title+tractor beam. I never use the beam but the barrel roll is amazing.

I started with K4 but zuck never needs the lock and Fen just takes his own unless he's in a dire situation where he somehow needs more than two focuses.

Manaroo provides more damage overall by blocking to deny actions and feedback array.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Do you know the full details of that Dash list. A lot of people seem to be running Dash again. Im curious if its a new build/wingman or if theyre just list dodging palp defenders all day.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

Do you know the full details of that Dash list. A lot of people seem to be running Dash again. Im curious if its a new build/wingman or if theyre just list dodging palp defenders all day.

Seems like this is the Dash/Nora list that is going around maybe?
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!204:18,-1,74,148:41:3:;95:18,23,-1,159:14:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That's my list from months ago! I'm so glad I came up with a good list!

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
I've been thinking about the Striker a lot lately and I think that Countdown is the hidden gem of the release.

The main problem with the Striker is that it's going to die horribly due to lack of green dice, lack of shields, and lack of autothrusters.

Countdown does a good job of solving the survivability problems and if you throw Mk. II on there can shed the stress pretty easily, but even without it you can still scoot around like crazy and drop 3/4 red dice and/or block and generally be annoying.

Really it's probably good game balance wise that Countdown doesn't have an EPT because that would be nasty.

Also, I think Lightweight Frame is overcosted for what it does.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I've played that Dash/Norra list a handful of times, and it's a big reason that I don't think ARCs are competitive without the synergy you get in the Norra/Shara/Biggs list. Being able to stack up those Shara TLs and pass them around makes Norra hit like a hammer, and Biggs gives them survivability they don't get with Dash. Otherwise, the ARC dies really fast.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Was going through my camera pictures and found some x-wing stuff I forgot about. I really like quad-X lists, and Jess is just fantastic for anything swarm-like.

Biggs Darklighter (25)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jess Pava (25)
R2-D6 (1)
Adaptability (0)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Red Squadron Pilot (23)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Red Squadron Pilot (23)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Alex Smittle just took a Syck to #1 in Swiss at the Kansas City Regionals.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Alex Smittle just took a Syck to #1 in Swiss at the Kansas City Regionals.

Is it in a 4-ship Mindlink squad? Because I've been running the numbers and the PS5 Syck with HLC + Kaato + two other mid-PS ships is pretty good. Usually at least one of those is a Gand Findsman.

Edit: Something like this https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 11, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Is it in a 4-ship Mindlink squad? Because I've been running the numbers and the PS5 Syck with HLC + Kaato + two other mid-PS ships is pretty good. Usually at least one of those is a Gand Findsman.

Edit: Something like this https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Party bossk with clusters, ptl fenn, a cartel scyk with seismic torps. Apparently.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So what are you most excited for in the new wave? Me? Probably Sabine tie

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Party bossk with clusters, ptl fenn, a cartel scyk with seismic torps. Apparently.

wut

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

So what are you most excited for in the new wave? Me? Probably Sabine tie

all of it. There's some seriously exciting things in this wave

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

That was basically my response. He went 6-0 with it in Swiss with an MOV of 981.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

That was basically my response. He went 6-0 with it in Swiss with an MOV of 981.

wut

How the gently caress do you not lose the bus in every game?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

wut

How the gently caress do you not lose the bus in every game?

:shrug:

I'll swing by tomorrow for the finals to see how that ends up going in Top 8.

EDIT: also I was wrong. There were two 6-0s, and Alex's MOV was 873.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

This is more bizarre the longer I think about it. Cluster...missiles? A syck using the title for a one-use torp? Wtf

Maybe this?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

'stim to give you full modification on both cluster missile attacks makes the most sense I guess.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
A Syck using the title for a one use torp and the extra hull point. :v: It's cheaper than a Y-wing by 2 points, which is the next least expensive way to destroy obstacles.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope that regional was streamed and on youtube

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Man. One of the guys from my league lost to that Scyk list in the top 4, Lee Garrett. He's really good, at least compared to anyone else there.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Biggs and 2 wardens with sabine and conners just won west virginia regional

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey all, I've been tossing up some different loadouts for the JumpMaster and Shadow Caster since buying the SC for this list the other week, and what I'm currently leaning ever so slightly towards is the following:

quote:

Dengar — JumpMaster 5000 33
Rage 1
Plasma Torpedoes 3
Inspiring Recruit 1
Unhinged Astromech 1
Guidance Chips 0
Punishing One 12
Ship Total: 51

Ketsu Onyo — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 38
Veteran Instincts 1
K4 Security Droid 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Shadow Caster 3
Ship Total: 49

So basically Ketsu only cares about being in range one of the enemy (had to drop Inertial Dampeners and my bid so that I could get EU), while Dengar gets a TL whenever he can to use the next turn/later to fire his torps, then just rages out every turn (clearing both stress tokens the following move, with IR) for a focus and effectively a free TL whenever he attacks. Not 100% sold on it though, mostly because it hits 100pts dead-on. I'm very tempted to just ditch the torps, then give Ketsu Inertial Dampeners and/or BMST, but it's hard to say.
So yeah, would any of you be able to offer opinions/feedback on it, by any chance? I'm looking to try it out on Tuesday night and potentially take it (or a variant - I was also weighing up using R4+RecSpec or unhinged+K4 with a different EPT) up as my 'main' list, as I haven't really had one in ages.

EDIT: Yeeaah, I think ditching PT and GC to give Ketsu ID and BMST is a better idea for general-purpose use of the list, at this stage.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 11, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Partybus Bossk with VI and Clusters should be extremely reliable at Killin Stuff for a single round. All it takes it one crit to sneak through from each shot (which with zuckuss/4LOM/K4/Chimps you'll be able to get pretty reliably) and you're doing 4 damage.

And PTL Fenn is never going to be bad.

The Scyk doesn't seem to add much though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Major Isoor posted:

Hey all, I've been tossing up some different loadouts for the JumpMaster and Shadow Caster since buying the SC for this list the other week, and what I'm currently leaning ever so slightly towards is the following:

So basically Ketsu only cares about being in range one of the enemy (had to drop Inertial Dampeners and my bid so that I could get EU), while Dengar gets a TL whenever he can to use the next turn/later to fire his torps, then just rages out every turn (clearing both stress tokens the following move, with IR) for a focus and effectively a free TL whenever he attacks. Not 100% sold on it though, mostly because it hits 100pts dead-on. I'm very tempted to just ditch the torps, then give Ketsu Inertial Dampeners and/or BMST, but it's hard to say.
So yeah, would any of you be able to offer opinions/feedback on it, by any chance? I'm looking to try it out on Tuesday night and potentially take it (or a variant - I was also weighing up using R4+RecSpec or unhinged+K4 with a different EPT) up as my 'main' list, as I haven't really had one in ages.

EDIT: Yeeaah, I think ditching PT and GC to give Ketsu ID and BMST is a better idea for general-purpose use of the list, at this stage.

I would probably drop the plasmas to get glitterstim on Dengar and BMST or ID on ketsu.

That being said, i'm not sure a non-infinite-focus Dengar is going to work without being able to reposition. I say this as someone who also runs a Ketsu/Dengar list.

Dengar (33)
Push the Limit (3)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Punishing One (12)

Ketsu Onyo (38)
Veteran Instincts (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 100

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Alex Smittle went 9-0 and won KC Regionals with a Scyk.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Partybus Bossk with VI and Clusters should be extremely reliable at Killin Stuff for a single round. All it takes it one crit to sneak through from each shot (which with zuckuss/4LOM/K4/Chimps you'll be able to get pretty reliably) and you're doing 4 damage.

And PTL Fenn is never going to be bad.

The Scyk doesn't seem to add much though.

K4 makes a lot more sense than Dengar on this loadout. I was assuming Dengar. Suddenly I'm not as surprised by its effectiveness.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 22, 2017

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I loving love it!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh my god that's amazing.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It's good but now you aren't allowed to run it without a Dead Man's Switch.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Crap, I need to paint the cockpit green. I forgot that little detail.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So you fly it with Dead Man's Switch, right?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It's good but now you aren't allowed to run it without a Dead Man's Switch.

:shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

I've been painting a gremlin hunter. I decided to paint the face to the side because the front of the ship unfortunately has a giant semicircle which makes it look like a smiling anime face if I were to put it dead center. I will probably need to use some pale skin color to make the mouth stand out more. Also gaze at my phallic dew bottles and rudimentary bunny. Freehanding was never my strong suit and I preferred to do simple curvy patterns (squiggly lines) on capes or other larger surface areas to cover that deficiency.

On the one hand, I did beat Moola at painting wangs on my wangs.

Some top tier wangs itt.

• Locked thread