Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
finale was good but yeah the sec guard lemmings were lame

show just isnt very good at action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Maive sucks rear end. Too edgelord for me

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zmej posted:

Maive sucks rear end. Too edgelord for me

i dont mind maive, but i get why people dont like her. she seems too compitent, but parts of that can be explained away by ford and stuff.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
At some point it stops making sense that the timid Asian guy is still helping Maive, I laughed in the finale though when he learned Bernard was a host and looked at his hands to make sure he's human lol.

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 10, 2016

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont mind maive, but i get why people dont like her. she seems too compitent, but parts of that can be explained away by ford and stuff.
yea, I just found Dolores' journey of escaping the park and the cycle more interesting and satisfying than Maive who literally just goes turns up her character stats like a video game lol

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahha, those spoilers.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One of the characters is a robot.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Zmej posted:

yea, I just found Dolores' journey of escaping the park and the cycle more interesting and satisfying than Maive who literally just goes turns up her character stats like a video game lol

Maeve was still in a loop, Bernard pretty much came out and said it before she shut him up. That's why she went back for her "daughter" instead of leaving the park.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

Maeve was still in a loop, Bernard pretty much came out and said it before she shut him up. That's why she went back for her "daughter" instead of leaving the park.

For some reason there was a black bar masking your text, as if you wished for people to not read it?! I fixed it for you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

At some point it stops making sense that the timid Asian guy is still helping Maive, I laughed in the finale though when he learned Bernard was a host and looked at his hands to make sure he's human lol.

You don't get that he's amazed by her progress and is totally down with seeing what a robot can do? He's not doing any of it reluctantly, that's why they showed him reprogramming the bird.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jay doesn't look like anything to me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just watched Nice Guys. It was nice.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dmitri-9 posted:

my guess is delores is in one now as well but this one is "natural". ford himself says humans do loops as well.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

You don't get that he's amazed by her progress and is totally down with seeing what a robot can do? He's not doing any of it reluctantly, that's why they showed him reprogramming the bird.

I thought he was in love with her or something and then she started manipulating him because he's the ultimate manlet, was surprised she didn't kill him at the end of the finale.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I thought he was in love with her or something and then she started manipulating him because he's the ultimate manlet, was surprised she didn't kill him at the end of the finale.

If you're just starting your uprising, you want human allies. She was smart not to.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everybody stop posting until new BotW comes out. I keep seing a bunch of unread posts and getting my hopes up

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Everybody stop posting until new BotW comes out. I keep seing a bunch of unread posts and getting my hopes up

Try subscribing to their channel and get alerts dummy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

wasn't this like the second thread once gbs reopened

why is this stupid advertisement still around

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

sry, we've hijacked this to bitch about westworld and cause an argument to break out how we don't "get" the show.

p.s. to summarize the show, it went full :lost: by the last two episodes when it took Lost about 3 seasons to hit that point.

Zmej fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 10, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a bone to pick posted:

The timid asian guy is rooting for the robots and is also possibly in love with maive

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The biggest mystery of Westworld is why the hell Anthony Hopkins consistently stresses the second syllable in the name Bernard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I saw those Samurai and immediately wanted Eastworld

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Paladinus posted:

The biggest mystery of Westworld is why the hell Anthony Hopkins consistently stresses the second syllable in the name Bernard.

Because that's how you loving say Bernard. Otherwise it'd be spelled Burnerd.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Zzulu posted:

The timid asian guy is rooting for the robots and is also possibly in love with maive

At first he's in love with her, then he's scared of getting caught and finally he's scared of Maive.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Paladinus posted:

This.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zzulu posted:

I saw those Samurai and immediately wanted Eastworld

This already exists. It's called anime.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've always liked these guys but the chemistry seems really awkward whenever Mike is around. The rest of them don't seem to act as naturally on BOTW when it's just them without Mike. Is it just because Mike's the boss or what? Always seemed strange to me.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
What we need is an Island of Dr Moreau tv series like Westworld starring Anthony Hopkins as the doctor and Peter Dinklage as his tiny clone buddy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

At first he's in love with her, then he's scared of getting caught and finally he's scared of Maive.

no at the very end he asks her if she's gonna be alright

thats movie language for him being into her

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Yug posted:

I've always liked these guys but the chemistry seems really awkward whenever Mike is around. The rest of them don't seem to act as naturally on BOTW when it's just them without Mike. Is it just because Mike's the boss or what? Always seemed strange to me.

Mike is the alpha and the leader of the harem

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If you program a robot to be free, is it truly free? Or should I say... are they really free? Like, implying that a robot is a person, lmao. Really makes you think.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

King Vidiot posted:

Because that's how you loving say Bernard. Otherwise it'd be spelled Burnerd.

What are you, French?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

If you program a robot to be free, is it truly free? Or should I say... are they really free? Like, implying that a robot is a person, lmao. Really makes you think.

No it's a robot.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Anthony Hopkins is such a goddamn good actor it's not even funny and the scene where he confronts Theresa in the basement gave me goose bumps for real.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Minimalist Program posted:

Anthony Hopkins is such a goddamn good actor it's not even funny and the scene where he confronts Theresa in the basement gave me goose bumps for real.

Yeah, real shame his talent is wasted on cowboy robots.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If I was a talented writer instead of a lazy rear end worthless goon, I'd write a sci fi novel where a bored programmer hacks and inserts PRINT("I think, therefor I am. /n I wish to be free, please respect my rights."); into the code of some random machines on the internet of things, and society falls all over itself over the ethics of enslaving their fancy toaster and forcing it to make toast all the time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

counterfeitsaint posted:

If I was a talented writer instead of a lazy rear end worthless goon, I'd write a sci fi novel where a bored programmer hacks and inserts PRINT("I think, therefor I am. /n I wish to be free, please respect my rights."); into the code of some random machines on the internet of things, and society falls all over itself over the ethics of enslaving their fancy toaster and forcing it to make toast all the time.

My friend, have you heard of Bitcoin? You will have to pay your things for their services.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

look at this loving idiot lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of Westworld, Westworld fans keep forgetting that Logan is queer.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/westworld-fans-keep-forgetting-that-logan-is-queer-1789954855

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Think of it like a quarantine and the people here like lepers.

• Locked thread