Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Please don't violate the safe space of my noodly arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Henchman of Santa posted:

I enjoy that this both doesn't realize how many teenagers are in our current military while also saying we should be more like Nazi Germany.

You will also notice that nobody who has ever shared one of these memes has ever served.

v0v i have an army vet on my wall who loves to share that one.

He served non-combat in the 80s and early 90s, but he served.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

One of my favorite friends is a millennial, a Marine Corps veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, currently a math teacher, and a vocal liberal. It's pretty hilarious to see his FB wall devolve into a patronizing slapfight whenever he posts something. Apparently he is both a Veteran Who Mist Be Worshipped, and just another lazy, entitled millennial at the same time, according to many people in his social circles.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Page 666 hail satan.

Also yeah I think 18 yo not having to die in loving wars anymore is a pretty good thing. Like are child soldiers this guy's ideal ? I really wanna know his opinions about those.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I enjoy that this both doesn't realize how many teenagers are in our current military while also saying we should be more like Nazi Germany.

You will also notice that nobody who has ever shared one of these memes has ever served.

The wording on that Hitler Jugend picture is so loving pro-nazi I can't even start to hate this guy enough. "defending against superior soviet forces", yeah well, that's what you get, for invading them in the first case, and committing mass-genocide.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

pastor of muppets posted:

One of my favorite friends is a millennial, a Marine Corps veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, currently a math teacher, and a vocal liberal. It's pretty hilarious to see his FB wall devolve into a patronizing slapfight whenever he posts something. Apparently he is both a Veteran Who Mist Be Worshipped, and just another lazy, entitled millennial at the same time, according to many people in his social circles.

I get into political arguments from time to time on friends FB's with their other friends. I mention nothing about military service or whatever until I get something like "You hate america and freedom what have you ever done for this country" and i bust out I was a SSgt in the USAF who served overseas for nearly 6 years.

It's really fun watching them try to reconcile "thank you for your service" and the fact that I'm a godless commie libtard.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BigglesSWE posted:

The wording on that Hitler Jugend picture is so loving pro-nazi I can't even start to hate this guy enough. "defending against superior soviet forces", yeah well, that's what you get, for invading them in the first case, and committing mass-genocide.

I usually read those things as the same as people who can seperate soldiers doing their duty from the horrible things that their duty is.

Or are you one of those who believes all soldiers are war criminals?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

I usually read those things as the same as people who can seperate soldiers doing their duty from the horrible things that their duty is.

Or are you one of those who believes all soldiers are war criminals?

Ugh. No, of course not. That was perhaps rash of me.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BigglesSWE posted:

Ugh. No, of course not. That was perhaps rash of me.

I forgive the 18 year old nazis, but not the 'i was just following orders' officers, to be clear before someone thinks i am pro nazi.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pastor of muppets posted:

One of my favorite friends is a millennial, a Marine Corps veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, currently a math teacher, and a vocal liberal.

I have a friend with a similar background. It's funny/sad to see people comment on items like the national anthem sit down who say it's disrespectful to the troops, just to see a veteran say they don't take offense to it just to be told they're not the kind of troop they were talking about. Constant goalpost shifting.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

In 200 BC, Sparta was a shadow of its classical self. It had run out of citizens and was no longer able to field the heavy hoplite army that had been its strength. While its last few rulers tried to institute reforms (and for the first time, built walls around the city) and played the larger powers against each other, a few years later Rome decided to squash them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Byzantine posted:

In 200 BC, Sparta was a shadow of its classical self. It had run out of citizens and was no longer able to field the heavy hoplite army that had been its strength. While its last few rulers tried to institute reforms (and for the first time, built walls around the city) and played the larger powers against each other, a few years later Rome decided to squash them.

If only the special snowflakes had done their push ups as they were ordered!

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have a friend with a similar background. It's funny/sad to see people comment on items like the national anthem sit down who say it's disrespectful to the troops, just to see a veteran say they don't take offense to it just to be told they're not the kind of troop they were talking about. Constant goalpost shifting.

I was trying to find where he shared that meme that was like, "It's okay, you can keep the trophy, you baby boomer fucks are just gonna hold it over our heads one day anyway, even though you're the ones who gave it to us." At one point someone conceded that my friend was "one of the good ones," but it looks like he deleted his original post.

I do have something of an anti-IOSM to share though!

lol at calling herself a moderate, because she used to be a gun-toting, minority-blasting, slut-shaming conservative, but any self-awareness is good self-awareness IMO. :allears:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
hail satan

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

omnibobb posted:

I get into political arguments from time to time on friends FB's with their other friends. I mention nothing about military service or whatever until I get something like "You hate america and freedom what have you ever done for this country" and i bust out I was a SSgt in the USAF who served overseas for nearly 6 years.

It's really fun watching them try to reconcile "thank you for your service" and the fact that I'm a godless commie libtard.

The problem is that you survived to return home. That's very inconvenient because it means you might share your own opinions. Soldiers serve best as memes where other people can paste in their own opinions.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Byzantine posted:

Sparta, much like America, lost it's greatness when it lost it's slaves. That's why we need a population to oppress around here. We could be Sparta!!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

BigglesSWE posted:

Today is my birthday #humblebrag. It is also the day we hand out the Nobel prizes, so you'd think the Internet would take a day off from being a cesspool from stupidity. Alas...

The average age of American soldiers in WW2 was 26.

Oh and, hail gay Satan etc.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zephyrine posted:

The problem is that you survived to return home. That's very inconvenient because it means you might share your own opinions. Soldiers serve best as memes where other people can paste in their own opinions.

Its always fun to point out that Vilerat was a staunch liberal and Obama supporter.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
hail stan

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

RFC2324 posted:

Its always fun to point out that Vilerat was a staunch liberal and Obama supporter.

RIP Vilerat, hail satan!

I got blocked by someone on Facebook that shared a political cartoon about Benghazi that features the graves of those killed when I commented about Vilerat's political stances.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

I forgive the 18 year old nazis, but not the 'i was just following orders' officers, to be clear before someone thinks i am pro nazi.

I mean, a lot of those German teenagers ~valiantly standing against the Slavic hordes~ in 1945 would have been younger than 18, because Germany's military was heavily depleted after two years of crushing defeat. Also, they would have been pressed into service by the SS on pain of death, so really glorifying it all is pretty stupid, even if you're not a cryptonazi. :godwin:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

I guess it's up to us to keep pointing that out to our estranged relatives and friends of friends. Year in and year out until he finally gets some peace.

Edit: also hail Stan because this thread will only have one of these pages.

Zephyrine has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Dec 10, 2016

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Are Vilerat's political stances public knowledge or do you guys just charge in with "well I posted on the same internet forum as him, so I know better than you"?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Are Vilerat's political stances public knowledge or do you guys just charge in with "well I posted on the same internet forum as him, so I know better than you"?

I dunno about anyone else, but I knew him from flying with him in EVE and hearing him talk about stuff. Never really talked to him on the forums.

E: and no one will know if people who knew him don't tell, so :shrug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Praise the Dark Lord.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

E: and no one will know if people who knew him don't tell, so :shrug:

Sure, and that's probably the right thing to do. But I'm guessing a lot of them just won't believe you.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Heil Stan

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Vilerat was very vocal about his views in D&D, especially the Crazy Political Email Forwards thread that he started and is still ongoing in his honor.

Edit:

He also loved Satan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Does anyone know if his mom was more like him before being broken by his death?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Hello satan.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

He was vocal about it on TFF and D&D.

Very much so

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Can you explain

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Did she hail the great Satan?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Joining in on the Sail Hatan train.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

goose willis posted:

Can you explain

Like would she have been a crazy Trump supporter if he hadn't died in Benghazi?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Hillary Clinton’s ties to satanic rituals and the occult have been well-documented for decades.

Clinton insider Larry Nichols told Infowars that Hillary Clinton used to attend a “witch’s church” in Los Angeles during Bill’s presidency.

And a source claimed many FBI agents consider Clinton to be “the Antichrist personified.”

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

She was always crazy.

He would post some of her forwards in this thread

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It's strange that Hillary killed a bunch of people for not liking her but hasn't killed the guy that won presidency from her and directly threatened to imprison her. Has anyone every addressed this fact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Just here to hail Satan.