Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's wonderful (and the video is 2:19 long)

also random question, is that a Japanese woman's real speaking voice at the beginning, or is she doing that intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxlkqhw5do&t=58s

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4RNPlgktpI

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

also random question, is that a Japanese woman's real speaking voice at the beginning, or is she doing that intentionally

what do you think

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok, then why is she doing that

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
whats so wonderful about the miyazaki video? he's bein a shortsighted rear end in a top hat and the tech is really cool.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

ok, then why is she doing that

anime

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

wayfinder posted:

whats so wonderful about the miyazaki video? he's bein a shortsighted rear end in a top hat and the tech is really cool.

this:

Bill NYSE posted:

drat you can see the dreams shatter before their eyes as it appears that they hear the first criticism of their product ever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

shameful page 420 snype

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

m-ffffffriday morning motherfuckers :smith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

shameful page 420 snype

I do not recognize the legitimacy of Weed Culture

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ahahaha

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I do not recognize the legitimacy of enjoying life

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

posting on the :420: page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mGwpDUxTQ

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wayfinder posted:

i think the man who has a lifetime of experience working in an artistic medium that demands close study of how people move and behave who further has connections in his life to people who may not be able to move as fluidly as others is correct to criticize a few young people with no life experience who are infatuated with their own novelty created in a facile medium with immediate goals to create better video games and long term goals to supplant the practice of creating art

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

wayfinder posted:

Imagine you spend your life pioneering in animation, doing your level best to improve yourself and your art every day. You do this for decades, writing stories and painting pictures, sharing your vision with the world. There's effort, there's heartbreak, there's joy - you're an artist, well-respected, even loved.

Then some nerds pitch up and tell you "we're building a machine that does art just like you do, check out this grotesquerie of video game zombies"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

that's how you're supposed to talk to gamers, with the baby voice

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
the only important techno act were the klf in their various iterations

also, we need gramps up there to be god emperor of silicon valley venture capitalists

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the shsc post your desktops thread is gold, jerry, gold

wants to gently caress robots 2 posted:

A personal creation of mine that I've used for a few years now. iPad retina displays used as montiors, on bendy mic stands to position them wherever I want. Compact, high resolution, low power consumption (1.2mA 5V each)

I'm down to 4 (from 8) after I plugged the bottom row into the wrong Molex connector (12V instead of 5V)

I have spare adapter boards from the first prototype and need to buy replacement retina screens to feel whole again.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i can bend these any way i want *spends 4 hours a day obsessively tweaking eight ipads to line up*

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

happy weed number page guys

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

Imagine you spend your life pioneering in animation, doing your level best to improve yourself and your art every day. You do this for decades, writing stories and painting pictures, sharing your vision with the world. There's effort, there's heartbreak, there's joy - you're an artist, well-respected, even loved.

Then some nerds pitch up and tell you "we're building a machine that does art just like you do, check out this grotesquerie of video game zombies"

exactly this

he gave the correct amount of respect to a bunch of programmers who believe what they do has any value

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

Jonny 290 posted:

i can bend these any way i want *spends 4 hours a day obsessively tweaking eight ipads to line up*

he's got plenty of time now that he's been banned for being extremely horny for overwatch heroes

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Trabant posted:

the only important techno act were the klf in their various iterations

also, we need gramps up there to be god emperor of silicon valley venture capitalists

actually agree, depends on if you include prodigy within techno or not

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

he's got plenty of time now that he's been banned for being extremely horny for overwatch heroes

i can't play overwatch until i find a reskin for the UI that takes Sexy Tracer Butt out of literally every menu, splash screen and asset.

Game's creepy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMPzuRWoNgE

http://808.html909.com/#/-KYeAOaWAJtZ6IcxSw7l

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

i can't play overwatch until i find a reskin for the UI that takes Sexy Tracer Butt out of literally every menu, splash screen and asset.

Game's creepy

lady's over 100 years old, she's allowed to flaunt it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

posting on the smonk page

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Sagebrush posted:

It's the Japanese equivalent of this type of voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7P4ZAhIPkM

Except in Japan they do it way more often; not just receptionists, but shop assistants and any announcement. In private they talk normally.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
idk i kinda get where you guys are coming from but miyazaki's take still seems stupid and unnecessarily hurtful to me. their research isn't useless, it's a cool piece of tech that can do a bunch of things, and a better reaction than immediate disgust would have been to see that potential and think about what better ways there are to present the concept.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
miyazaki is known for being old and bitter, he doesn't give a poo poo

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

wayfinder posted:

idk i kinda get where you guys are coming from but miyazaki's take still seems stupid and unnecessarily hurtful to me. their research isn't useless, it's a cool piece of tech that can do a bunch of things, and a better reaction than immediate disgust would have been to see that potential and think about what better ways there are to present the concept.

they could have found a more attractive way of presenting it, i don't blame him at all

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

they could have presented it better, but there was no reason for him to completely destroy them like he did

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

wayfinder posted:

a bloo bloo why don't you people care more about video games

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE96VqwW2zs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

wayfinder posted:

What?

What can it do?

"a scene in a zombie game" doesn't count. We can already do that.
Also zombie fetishism is thinly veiled racism.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I thought they were showing what was basically this thing which is presented better.

https://vimeo.com/79098420

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm kinda sad zombies are so popular. I really like all the old zombie movies, it was great stuff to watch with your friends late at night. now everything is zombies and people are making real zombie guns and poo poo and it's just totally ruined for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/vogon/status/807682430475714560

• Locked thread