Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sitchensis posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm not American, but has this farce gotten any traction in terms of media/protests?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

the answer is bud light even though I don't know what the question is supposed to mean

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The answer is Zuckerberg is going to run for office at some point.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Students: "THE RENT IS TOO drat HIGH" "PLEASE ENJOY SOME VANDALISM"
Administration: "LOL"
Students: "I SAW A CARTOON FROG PRINTOUT"
Administration: Please report to the counseling center, here is a statement from Dr. Bossman

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i identify all of these drinks and much, much more with this election, because i intend to drink them all so i can forget

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

sitchensis posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm not American, but has this farce gotten any traction in terms of media/protests?

If it isn't lower Manhattan, San Francisco, or Hollywood (aka the Democrat's base) no one gives a rats rear end.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/807658861683441669

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
:kiss:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

bless you capitalists. where us plebs see a crisis, you see an opportunity (to make more money)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah retarded as all gently caress. but that begs the stupid question. are their any real upsides? or are we hosed forever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah retarded as all gently caress. but that begs the stupid question. are their any real upsides? or are we hosed forever.

in the sense that there will be things like that where 'new' farming opportunities will rise and will likely increase the diversity of available crops? Sure.

In the sense that those benefits would need to outweigh the whole 'islands that people live on literally being swallowed by the sea' aspect? Nah.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

in the sense that there will be things like that where 'new' farming opportunities will rise and will likely increase the diversity of available crops? Sure.

In the sense that those benefits would need to outweigh the whole 'islands that people live on literally being swallowed by the sea' aspect? Nah.

i didnt even fully mean the money/capital part. i more meant being able to explore Antarctica more. maybe grow food there. idk.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

"Let them drink wine".

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Well it's a cool place
And they say it gets colder
You're bundled up now
Wait till you get older

But the the media man beg to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite picture

The ice we skate
It's getting pretty thin
The waters getting warm
So you might as well swim

My world's on fire
How 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it
And I'll never get bored

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i didnt even fully mean the money/capital part. i more meant being able to explore Antarctica more. maybe grow food there. idk.

You realize that when glaciers retreat, all thats left behind is bedrock, right? It's why the Canadian Shield -- although free of ice-age glaciers for thousands of years -- is a terrible place to grow anything. It's still mostly rock.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If the British Isles are swallowed up by the hungry maw of the merciless sea, that will be good enough for me.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Antarctica is a desert.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean presumably climate change will be better for some places and worse for others. It just so happens that people live and agricultural infrastructure is concentrated in places where it's good now and going to get worse.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

GitHubris

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hope the building gets 911'd with them all inside.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Hope the building gets 911'd with them all inside.

It would be okay with me if it just got more of a ghost ship job and didn't involve the deaths of two whole plane loads of passengers. IMO.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Svante Arhenius was one of the earliest people to begin figuring out the greenhouse effect, he was Swedish and thought it was amazing that it could potentially make Scandinavia more inhabitable.......*checks notes* for the pure Nordic race :derp: :godwinning:
#STEM #WOKE

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

If only we had programmed harder before the election, all of this could've been avoided. :negative:

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

mrmcd posted:

If only we had programmed harder before the election, all of this could've been avoided. :negative:
Why not randomize the order of primary states for both parties? Jeb Bush would have died trying to climb Denali I guess. :sad:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
*furrowing brow at black board*

what if....politics was an app???

*jaw drops open*

what if...the president....was an app?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Cinnamon Bear posted:

*jaw drops open*

:lol:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Cinnamon Bear posted:

*jaw drops open*

I would not put it past the Democrats to have Siri run in 2020.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

MizPiz posted:

I would not put it past the Democrats to have Siri run in 2020.

the republicans will of course run tay

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"I don't live there."

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Some dude is gonna snap and be the change he wants to see in the world and chain the doors shut from the inside.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
It would be great if one of the 5 private colleges in my city paid any taxes on their ridiculously valuable property. Combined with private elementary, secondary, church, and State government property, a full 40% of St. Paul's property market value is non-taxable.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

This was the dude who only months ago was vying for a Sect of Treasury job by claiming Wall Street didn't cause the 2007 crash.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

This was the dude who only months ago was vying for a Sect of Treasury job by claiming Wall Street didn't cause the 2007 crash.

Reminder Al Giordano still intends to primary Sanders :laffo:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Reminder Al Giordano still intends to primary Sanders :laffo:

Hacking his campaigns emails would probably be a good place to look for names to start some witch hunting imo

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

An alternative to the safety pin

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i get roughly the same reaction when i read the words "San Francisco" as jerry falwell did when he was alive

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

An alternative to the safety pin

I hope that's actually that out of focus irl because then it'd result in people having to squint to read it and the person wearing it gets to enjoy everyone giving them stink eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It would be great if one of the 5 private colleges in my city paid any taxes on their ridiculously valuable property. Combined with private elementary, secondary, church, and State government property, a full 40% of St. Paul's property market value is non-taxable.

Education is a business since it's very good at ripping people off especially for the sky high private school tuition costs.