Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sorry for my racism but the insane precocious fighting high schooler's surname is actually Nasukawa

I hope Rico unleashes his most boring decision yet on Badr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

What's the consensus on the card tomorrow, is it worth $30?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
What do you get for the money? They have like 3 separate shows as part of this thing. If you only get the top of the card I don't know, since the main is either going to be a satisfying tooling or a widely and immediately distributed cool gif

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Holzken says his fight tonight is the last on his current contract, there's a money fight for him in China with Kyshenko so it'll be interesting to see if Glory manage to pay him enough to stay

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

Steroids have changed hari's face incredibly

He looks like the artist's rendition of his own face based on the eyewitness testimony of a grandma who watched him beat up her son, a convenience store clerk, from a broom closet

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

DeimosRising posted:

He looks like the artist's rendition of his own face based on the eyewitness testimony of a grandma who watched him beat up her son, a convenience store clerk, from a broom closet

please remove this post that investigation is currently ongoing

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Holzkien lost! Didn't seem to have any urgency until the last round.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The crowd are fighting and they can't start the main event yet

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Uhhhh Did he just get his arm broken?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Digital Jedi posted:

Uhhhh Did he just get his arm broken?

Look like it. There's a lump on his right arm, but the replay doesn't really show what caused it. The first knee was on his body, the second one was on the upper arm and mostly just a glance

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Badr: I love my fans
*fans cheer*
Badr: Let me finish!

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

I can't believe the security was so bad at the event that 20-30 people could get to the ropes and 2 even inside the ring.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
what did I miss?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LochNessMonster posted:

Look like it. There's a lump on his right arm, but the replay doesn't really show what caused it. The first knee was on his body, the second one was on the upper arm and mostly just a glance

He had his forearm wrapped upped. The first knee missed his arm and the second looked more glancing than a good hit on that shoulder with the height he jumped for it.

Unless it happened earlier and it just got touched enough to cause him to stop.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Triticum Guzzler posted:

What do you get for the money? They have like 3 separate shows as part of this thing. If you only get the top of the card I don't know, since the main is either going to be a satisfying tooling or a widely and immediately distributed cool gif

I ended up not buying it because this didn't look like a ringing endorsement. Looks like I made the right decision here.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Rigel posted:

I ended up not buying it because this didn't look like a ringing endorsement. Looks like I made the right decision here.

Apparently the Duut/Ilunga fight on the free portion was great. But yeah, congratulations to Badr on taking so many steroids that his skeleton couldn't handle it

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Digital Jedi posted:

He had his forearm wrapped upped. The first knee missed his arm and the second looked more glancing than a good hit on that shoulder with the height he jumped for it.

Unless it happened earlier and it just got touched enough to cause him to stop.

I think it might have been his own punch before the clinch that caused it. Watched the replays a few times and nothing hit his arm in the clinch.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat sounds like the atmosphere was wild

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Skip My Posts posted:

drat sounds like the atmosphere was wild

It was pretty crazy, at one point I thought they might actually cancel the fight.

Security was nowhere to be seen (from the camera pov anyways) and the guys who stormed the ring looked like they were planning to watch the fight ringside.

This kind of stuff isn't uncommon at Dutch kickboxing events (and probably German/Belgium too). That's why I was surprised the security wasn't prepared for this.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Guy on a shitload of steroids gets tissue injury from seemingly innocuous thing, disappointing everyone... kickboxing is now a Real sport

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
hari really does look unrecognizable

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's a new organisation that sprouted in Japan called "KNOCK OUT", which notably uses Thai rules

Here's 18 year old prospect Tenshin Nagashima fighting current Lumpinee stadium champ Wanchalong

https://twitter.com/Kento19990724/status/805743680581533696

They put all the fights on youtube.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

It would be really cool for our tiny crew to put together a best of the year thread like the other interests in PSP do because more people should learn about this cool weird hosed up sport we love called Dutch Crime Kickboxing

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Paper Lion posted:

It would be really cool for our tiny crew to put together a best of the year thread like the other interests in PSP do because more people should learn about this cool weird hosed up sport we love called Dutch Crime Kickboxing

a true crime serial would be appropriate i think

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Upcoming Kickboxing Schedule:

1/20 - Glory 37 - Los Angeles
2/24 - Glory 38 - Chicago - Vakhitov vs. Cavalari
2/25 - K-1 - Lightweight WGP - Yoyogi
4/22 - K-1 - Super Bantamweight WGP - Yoyogi

I don't see anything for SUPERKOMBAT or Bellator Kickboxing on the schedule. SUPERKOMBAT has announced that they will have 6 shows broadcast on CBS Sports Network in 2017.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm really looking forward to Glory 37.

Mostly because Matt Embree is on the card and I became a big fan of him from his performance at Glory 33.
The welterweight tournament should be pretty fun as well. The lighter weightclasses are always the best.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I am writing up the events for the week in the B-League MMA thread and I see that even though the Super Fight Series undercard airs live on Fight Pass and has a title fight, the Glory 37 numbered main card does not air live in the US and won't come on TV until they show it at 9 PM on 1/29 on ESPN2.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
About 3 hours until Glory SuperFight, but here's a body shot TKO from 1/15's KRUSH 72 at Korakuen Hall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XswoyN0_TXY&t=191s

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is this the dude that used to announce for the IFL?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A french teenager just got murdered with a liver kick

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I liked the main event of KRUSH.72: KANA vs. Mellon Geugjes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBreIpKyg4I

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Boco_T posted:

I liked the main event of KRUSH.72: KANA vs. Mellon Geugjes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBreIpKyg4I

It's weird that neither fighter is going for body shots so the high guard is used without a worry. Cool fight though.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://gfycat.com/ThinAcidicAzurevase

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Why does Idris Elba look like he is working the heavy bag without gloves when he is indeed wearing gloves?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Hell yeah

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
From last night's Lion Fight 34:

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/827711119833841665

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/827742869976993793

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
What's up with Gokhan Saki? He rules but he hasn't fought in like two years and is just kinda sitting around on Facebook relentlessly calling out Rico.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Isn't Saki, like, serially injured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
he had a knee surgery and just never got back to 100%, he hasn't been able to train properly to get his cardio back up to speed or get his weight down enough to make 95kg. so he challenged the twice retired, half blind, 40 year old remy bonjasky. gently caress that fight and gently caress the people involved.